Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Hello to all fellow Blue Army fanatics. My name is Ady, live in North London, and have followed the lads since the mid 70's fairly soon after I had learnt the art of walking and talking. Bought up in Brauny, moved to Blaby before departing the fine green pastures of Leicester to join the Royal Navy in 1986. Came home to visit the family on occasion (on condition it coincided with us playing a home game!) and sort of fell out of love with all things blue when we emotionally left Filbert St as the unatmospheric Walkers could in no way compete with the days of before.

Only attended away games and didn't set foot in the Walkers for a good few years until on a whim decided to take the good lady to the Forest game last season. Instantly the long lost love affair was rekindled and have barely missed a match since. Since leaving home in 1986, I have always lived on the South coast (that's where they keep the ships!), but moved to the 'old smoke' last year so am now in commuting distant of the beautiful city that is Leicester for the first time in my adulthood.

Had massively high hopes with Sousa at the beginning of the season but I should be old and wise enough to know by now that the rollercoaster of following our beloved team is never quite straight forward. However, the philandering Swede has arrived and if he gets us to the Promised Land of Match of the Day on a Saturday night instead of it's very poor relation that follows this esteemed programme then I promise that our good Sven can have ten minutes with the missus!!! Just don't tell her.

• Like 2

Hey I'm Tom.

Been a City fan since I was a young lad. Been in Cardiff and Spain for the last four years so only get to see the occasional away game and whenever there's one at home when I'm back. Try to listen online when I can and always keep myself up to date whatever way possible. Father-in-law is a West Brom fan so that's the next big game I'm excited about. And I'm not jumping on the Sven bandwagon until we look like playing better than under Pearson. In my opinion we should've tried to keep him and Sven coming in was all a big publicity stunt. Hope it's not true and he's here for a good few years. I'd love to be proven wrong and see city in the champs league in five years time. I can dream ay?!

Hello everyone. I'm Brooksy. 16 years old and recently bought a season ticket for the first time :thumbup: . Fan since 2000 as my first game was a 3-1 win over Charlton at Filbert Street in 2000 :scarf:

Big love to brooksy.

<33333333

Hi

My names calum, 15 years old first game was against bolton when we lost 5-0 and been on the rollercoaster ride ever since

brought up around a family of leicester city supporters and it went from their

constantly get stick for supporting my hometown club from my glory hunting friends but i wouldnt have it any other way

LCFC :worship::scarf: <3<3

Leicester City from the cradle to the grave

• Like 1

Hello everybody, im reletively new to this site. Im a season ticket holder in the main stand. I was born in Highfields and moved to Evington later on. I left Leicester when I was 15 and have lived in Derby for the past 19 years. I also go to about 8-10 away a season with my brother. Would like to meet up with a few of you for pre/post beer maybe (this is begining to sound like a an ad for a date). If anybody lives around the Derbyshire/Loughbourgh area I could do a carshare. Thanks.

Oh forgot to say I have a huge hatred of Derby County and any other sheep related person or sheep related issues. Thanks

I lived in Derby for 5 years surrounded by those sheep related people. Leicester through and through, though I have never lived in Leicester. live in Chesterfield now but go to every home game and local away ones (Derby which is my bf's club & forest where my best friends brother plays in the accademy) so I get offered a fair few free seats every now and then.

• Like 1

Hello everybody, im reletively new to this site. Im a season ticket holder in the main stand. I was born in Highfields and moved to Evington later on. I left Leicester when I was 15 and have lived in Derby for the past 19 years. I also go to about 8-10 away a season with my brother. Would like to meet up with a few of you for pre/post beer maybe (this is begining to sound like a an ad for a date). If anybody lives around the Derbyshire/Loughbourgh area I could do a carshare. Thanks.

Oh forgot to say I have a huge hatred of Derby County and any other sheep related person or sheep related issues. Thanks

Hi there :)

Just to tell you:

I am currently in Derby for 3 years - uni. (Staying in Nunnery Court halls)

i go to all home games and 1/3 away.

I am a Loughbrough through and through.

Cheers

Hi Old and Young fans (that’s George Old, Fosse goalie c1891 and Alexander Forbes Young, - Alan to you, who terrorized goalies in the early 1980’s)

I’m an Ibstock lad by birth but have lived in the Manchester / Stockport since the late 60's. I’ve been a Leicester fan since September 1949, having been taken by my dad, now deceased, but who was also a totally dedicated City fan, to watch a team in blue and white play somebody else, and I’ve been following the team in blue and white ever since.

As such, I feel honoured that a fraction of my extensive and varied collection of programmes and other memorabilia that I have amassed over the years, was recently featured in the Fans Gallery of the match programme v Hull.

My favourite player of all time is Davie Gibson – pure magic and with Mike Stringfellow, they must rank as the best City duo ever. Those fans who saw Derek Hogg play will tell you of the best left winger ever to play for City and to see the Arthur Rowley goal machine in action was pure poetry.

The 50’s, 60’s and 70’s were a goal-den era in City’s illustrious history.

Today, the game is so different. We have referees that can’t ref, we have rules that are potty, we have a team that can’t score, defenders that can’t defend, we’ve had managers that can’t manage and we follow a team where the only positive thing that you can predict about them is that they are totally unpredictable.

So this year, I’ve seen the games v Sunderland, Macclesfield, Burnley, Middlesbrough and Hull plus the ones on TV.

Otherwise, I’m on-line at home, in Portugal and once in downtown LA.

Like it seems a few others on this board, I also post on 606 and Bentley’s Roof Variety is the spice of life

I tune into the moan-in every Monday, ‘for better or for worse’, and have been on air a few times as ‘Peter from Stockport’.

My wife is from Ashington, N’land – Charlton / Milburn country and my sister-in-law was in the same class as Bobby in primary school.

But life and City move on and with different ‘owners’- actually the real owners are the fans, but you have to humour them, I’m looking forward to the next Sven-sational era in our Clubs history!

The future’s bright,

The future’s blue and white.