Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wooly

Ipswich Town Away

I think it might be a session in the Loaded Dog with Jeff Stelling at this rate.

15th August is FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round. Some cracking local games to watch. Coalville v Barrow, Oadby Town v Kirby Muxloe being the pick of the bunch for me. Day out at one of these would be best bet IMO and probably under £10 for the whole day. :D

Sod that... Il stick to the Macclesfield and Sheff U games. Thats a feckin rip off and a horrible journey to boot. Would cost me about a ton for 2 of us with diesel/parking etc. Not doable a few days before my holiday. :angry:

Hope you all realise it'll be the same at places like Newcastle as well....

Bit of a different fixture to be fair. The Monday change has put paid to that one too sadly but Id have paid 31 quid to go there lol

Thank fook for Student discounts

£31 is absolute crap, some Premier League teams charge less than that.

When I was sorting out my expenses for this year (no, i'm not an MP) I estimated the average cost of a ticket to be £20, so £2 over isn't too bad a start.

Though I expect the Fox Travel coach to cost about £20 also... better be worth it.

Emailed the ticket office about it (specifically whether they were querying the prices in the same way Derby did when they got charged £40 at QPR last year I think). Reply:

---

Thank you for your email, whilst we understand your concerns, unfortunately it is at the Home team's discretion as to how much they want to charge both their Home fans and the Away fans. All fixtures are graded and priced by each individual club at the beginning of the season and in this case our fixture has been graded as a B grade game which is at the cost of £31 for adults to away fans. We are not aware of the ticket prices in the home end but would presume that they would be around the same price and in some areas more expensive. As for prices throughout the rest of the season, again we have not been made aware of any prices further than Sheffield United who have priced their tickets at £19. It would however be an idea to keep in mind that ticket prices are going up and there are a lot of big fixtures this season therefore ticket prices are likely to be a lot more expensive than we were used to in League one, which is unfortunately one of the downsides of being promoted to the Championship.

Emailed the ticket office about it (specifically whether they were querying the prices in the same way Derby did when they got charged £40 at QPR last year I think). Reply:

Thank you for your email, whilst we understand your concerns, unfortunately it is at the Home team’s discretion as to how much they want to charge both their Home fans and the Away fans. All fixtures are graded and priced by each individual club at the beginning of the season and in this case our fixture has been graded as a B grade game which is at the cost of £31 for adults to away fans. We are not aware of the ticket prices in the home end but would presume that they would be around the same price and in some areas more expensive. As for prices throughout the rest of the season, again we have not been made aware of any prices further than Sheffield United who have priced their tickets at £19. It would however be an idea to keep in mind that ticket prices are going up and there are a lot of big fixtures this season therefore ticket prices are likely to be a lot more expensive than we were used to in League one, which is unfortunately one of the downsides of being promoted to the Championship.

'played.

At least we know Sheff Yoo is going to be relatively 'cheap'.

Starting to wonder if anyone is gonna be there? :dunno: Pretty steep prices. :angry:

To be honest, with those prices, I'm tempted to go in the home end if it's gonna be cheaper. :/

Can't say this fixture fills me with enthusiasm, even though it's fairly local to me. :|

I don't why but like an addict...when ya see Sheff U for £19....ya think maybe I might. TBH I don't think I'll get any companY at £31 thus a no-go anyways.

£31 is a 100% rise on the price of a ticket for the first away game of last season.

Starting to wonder if anyone is gonna be there? :dunno: Pretty steep prices. :angry:

To be honest, with those prices, I'm tempted to go in the home end if it's gonna be cheaper. :/

Can't say this fixture fills me with enthusiasm, even though it's fairly local to me. :|

Plus we dont have a good record there, either lol

I'm in if it's raining, otherwise I'm playing cricket.

Are you going Macclesfield Joe? Does anyone want a lift?

I'll have a lift for Macclesfield if you're driving it?

Rumour has it that it's £19 for a ticket there.

Personally, as someone who's committed himself to aways this season, this is a real kick in the teeth. I'm not usually too concerned about pricing and don't like to quibble over a few quid. However, football seems to be priding itself on being unaffected by the current economic climate and no-one seems to be doing anything to try and reconcile this with what supporters are having to do to re-adjust.

When you've said you're going to a game and suddenly get landed with £31 for a ticket (plus the obvious petrol costs and food/drink), then it's like being held to ransom (Lisa for example will understand this, while some who pick and choose might find it a bit extreme). I've already abandoned my season ticket for the upcoming season because of the way the club put pressure on me to renew at a date when I couldn't commit, and now it's a matter of principle and finances that I refuse to renew at a higher price. If the same thing starts happening with aways, it's going to seriously dent my enthusiasm for this football club and more specifically the level we are currently playing at. With none of the enjoyment of the new grounds and terracing and friendly stewarding (and winning) in League One - and none of the money from the Premiership, what exactly have we got to shout about in this league?

It shouldn't come down to this when all I want to do is continue to loyally follow my club at every game, but continually I feel like I'm being taken for a ride - and it takes a lot for me to get to that point. I'll gladly drive up to Chesterfield and back after work to stand and watch a pre-season friendly in the pouring rain but if you're asking me to sit amongst a load of Fox Travel Grannies and watch us get beat by Ipswich for £31, it grates somewhat.

I really can't see how Ipswich feel they can justify pricing Adult Tickets at £31 each. As others have said, they're an under achieving Championship club who charge more than some Premier League clubs do.

Personally, I believe that the away end is one of the worst in the Championship. On my previous visit to Portman Road, I've found it to be very cramped and with poor viewing.

I don't know why, but I can still see myself going to this.

Personally, as someone who's committed himself to aways this season, this is a real kick in the teeth. I'm not usually too concerned about pricing and don't like to quibble over a few quid. However, football seems to be priding itself on being unaffected by the current economic climate and no-one seems to be doing anything to try and reconcile this with what supporters are having to do to re-adjust.

When you've said you're going to a game and suddenly get landed with £31 for a ticket (plus the obvious petrol costs and food/drink), then it's like being held to ransom (Lisa for example will understand this, while some who pick and choose might find it a bit extreme). I've already abandoned my season ticket for the upcoming season because of the way the club put pressure on me to renew at a date when I couldn't commit, and now it's a matter of principle and finances that I refuse to renew at a higher price. If the same thing starts happening with aways, it's going to seriously dent my enthusiasm for this football club and more specifically the level we are currently playing at. With none of the enjoyment of the new grounds and terracing and friendly stewarding (and winning) in League One - and none of the money from the Premiership, what exactly have we got to shout about in this league?

It shouldn't come down to this when all I want to do is continue to loyally follow my club at every game, but continually I feel like I'm being taken for a ride - and it takes a lot for me to get to that point. I'll gladly drive up to Chesterfield and back after work to stand and watch a pre-season friendly in the pouring rain but if you're asking me to sit amongst a load of Fox Travel Grannies and watch us get beat by Ipswich for £31, it grates somewhat.

I know exactly how you feel. I was planning to get to every game I could before I went off to university, but if clubs are going to charge this kind of cash to watch Chamionship football then they can get stuffed. I'll happily pay my money to go and follow Leicester, but I won't be made a mug of.

I can perfectly understand that point of view. There was 10 grounds this season I'd highlight because my wish to complete the 24 of the Championship, this was one of them and then the price comes out at £31.

Slightly insulting I find is the club are not active enough to attempt getting a lower price and they simply strug their shoulders say it's the home clubs fault. The away section at Ipswich has a lower tier which is rarely used....the tickets here are £26. Why don't LCFC ask to swap around the away section?

Thank you for your email, whilst we understand your concerns, unfortunately it is at the Home team’s discretion as to how much they want to charge both their Home fans and the Away fans. All fixtures are graded and priced by each individual club at the beginning of the season and in this case our fixture has been graded as a B grade game which is at the cost of £31 for adults to away fans. We are not aware of the ticket prices in the home end but would presume that they would be around the same price and in some areas more expensive. As for prices throughout the rest of the season, again we have not been made aware of any prices further than Sheffield United who have priced their tickets at £19. It would however be an idea to keep in mind that ticket prices are going up and there are a lot of big fixtures this season therefore ticket prices are likely to be a lot more expensive than we were used to in League one, which is unfortunately one of the downsides of being promoted to the Championship.

That's a rather diplomatic inclusion, seeing as anyone with an internet connection can just look them up on Ipswich's web-site :rolleyes: .

For the record, home adult tickets for this are £26 - meaning there's a £5 difference between home and away tickets. It's unwelcome and something that's growing, particularly in the Premiership. It's not uncommon for clubs like Wigan to charge away fans (particularly from the bigger clubs) up to £40 for an away ticket whilst offering tickets in the half-empty home end for half that. And then they wonder why the home end is full of away fans <_<

That said, I hope these sort of ticket prices will be the exception not the rule for next season (and if Sheff Utd. is £19 then it gives us all hope). Next season will be more expensive, but I'm hoping that the difference won't be too great. As I said, I'm surprised to see these prices from Ipswich of all clubs. And at the end of the day there is nothing our Ticket Office can do about it...

Archived