Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wooly

Ipswich Town Away

Even though Im on holiday and shall miss the fixture those ticket prices are ridiculous. I wouldn't be paying £31 even if I wasn't on holiday.

£31 for a 'Grade B' fixture - Jesus wept, what are the prices for a grade A game? £40?

That's a rather diplomatic inclusion, seeing as anyone with an internet connection can just look them up on Ipswich's web-site :rolleyes: .

For the record, home adult tickets for this are £26 - meaning there's a £5 difference between home and away tickets. It's unwelcome and something that's growing, particularly in the Premiership. It's not uncommon for clubs like Wigan to charge away fans (particularly from the bigger clubs) up to £40 for an away ticket whilst offering tickets in the half-empty home end for half that. And then they wonder why the home end is full of away fans <_<

That said, I hope these sort of ticket prices will be the exception not the rule for next season (and if Sheff Utd. is £19 then it gives us all hope). Next season will be more expensive, but I'm hoping that the difference won't be too great. As I said, I'm surprised to see these prices from Ipswich of all clubs. And at the end of the day there is nothing our Ticket Office can do about it...

Tickets for Ipswich fans are between £26 and £31.

Clubs meet before the season to discuss things such as ticket pricing. Obviously the representation of away fans is of limited importance because every club has home fans they want to charge high prices to as well...

lol lol lol lol lol

Epic fail by Ipswich Town Football Club. Given the state of our fixtures (3 aways in quick succession), the current economic climate, our record at their ground, where their ground actually is and the fact that it's on a Tuesday night, they've royally fu cked themselves in the arse.

Personally, I'd love to see a grand total of ZERO away fans attending this game, just to make a point. Sadly it won't happen, but nothing will change in football 'til things like that do start occurring.

Ticket prices for this are a fu cking joke.

Personally, as someone who's committed himself to aways this season, this is a real kick in the teeth. I'm not usually too concerned about pricing and don't like to quibble over a few quid. However, football seems to be priding itself on being unaffected by the current economic climate and no-one seems to be doing anything to try and reconcile this with what supporters are having to do to re-adjust.

When you've said you're going to a game and suddenly get landed with £31 for a ticket (plus the obvious petrol costs and food/drink), then it's like being held to ransom (Lisa for example will understand this, while some who pick and choose might find it a bit extreme). I've already abandoned my season ticket for the upcoming season because of the way the club put pressure on me to renew at a date when I couldn't commit, and now it's a matter of principle and finances that I refuse to renew at a higher price. If the same thing starts happening with aways, it's going to seriously dent my enthusiasm for this football club and more specifically the level we are currently playing at. With none of the enjoyment of the new grounds and terracing and friendly stewarding (and winning) in League One - and none of the money from the Premiership, what exactly have we got to shout about in this league?

It shouldn't come down to this when all I want to do is continue to loyally follow my club at every game, but continually I feel like I'm being taken for a ride - and it takes a lot for me to get to that point. I'll gladly drive up to Chesterfield and back after work to stand and watch a pre-season friendly in the pouring rain but if you're asking me to sit amongst a load of Fox Travel Grannies and watch us get beat by Ipswich for £31, it grates somewhat.

I wish I could turn around and say "fook it". I don't see why Ipswich should get my hubby's hard earned cash, even if my ticket is cheaper, being a student. Even without travel costs, that's a whopping £53 for the two of us. Last season, that £53 could have covered tickets and travel for both of us!

This is why I don't want to be promoted to the Premier League.

lol lol lol lol lol

Epic fail by Ipswich Town Football Club. Given the state of our fixtures (3 aways in quick succession), the current economic climate, our record at their ground, where their ground actually is and the fact that it's on a Tuesday night, they've royally fu cked themselves in the arse.

Personally, I'd love to see a grand total of ZERO away fans attending this game, just to make a point. Sadly it won't happen, but nothing will change in football 'til things like that do start occurring.

Ticket prices for this are a fu cking joke.

It's on a Saturday love, but I agree with your other points.

I wish I could turn around and say "fook it". I don't see why Ipswich should get my hubby's hard earned cash, even if my ticket is cheaper, being a student. Even without travel costs, that's a whopping £53 for the two of us. Last season, that £53 could have covered tickets and travel for both of us!

This is why I don't want to be promoted to the Premier League.

Dont go Lisa.

Emailed the ticket office about it (specifically whether they were querying the prices in the same way Derby did when they got charged £40 at QPR last year I think). Reply:

---

Thank you for your email, whilst we understand your concerns, unfortunately it is at the Home team's discretion as to how much they want to charge both their Home fans and the Away fans. All fixtures are graded and priced by each individual club at the beginning of the season and in this case our fixture has been graded as a B grade game which is at the cost of £31 for adults to away fans. We are not aware of the ticket prices in the home end but would presume that they would be around the same price and in some areas more expensive. As for prices throughout the rest of the season, again we have not been made aware of any prices further than Sheffield United who have priced their tickets at £19. It would however be an idea to keep in mind that ticket prices are going up and there are a lot of big fixtures this season therefore ticket prices are likely to be a lot more expensive than we were used to in League one, which is unfortunately one of the downsides of being promoted to the Championship.

What an ignorant reply from the club that is. Pretty much says to me that they will be doing the same throughout the season.

The fact that they've not even bothered to compare the prices against what they are charging the home fans says a lot to me. What the **** is going on with football. £31 is scandalous for that waste heap of a ground, this gets me so angry. Can't beleive the club are just going to let this slide.

Personally, as someone who's committed himself to aways this season, this is a real kick in the teeth. I'm not usually too concerned about pricing and don't like to quibble over a few quid. However, football seems to be priding itself on being unaffected by the current economic climate and no-one seems to be doing anything to try and reconcile this with what supporters are having to do to re-adjust.

When you've said you're going to a game and suddenly get landed with £31 for a ticket (plus the obvious petrol costs and food/drink), then it's like being held to ransom (Lisa for example will understand this, while some who pick and choose might find it a bit extreme). I've already abandoned my season ticket for the upcoming season because of the way the club put pressure on me to renew at a date when I couldn't commit, and now it's a matter of principle and finances that I refuse to renew at a higher price. If the same thing starts happening with aways, it's going to seriously dent my enthusiasm for this football club and more specifically the level we are currently playing at. With none of the enjoyment of the new grounds and terracing and friendly stewarding (and winning) in League One - and none of the money from the Premiership, what exactly have we got to shout about in this league?

It shouldn't come down to this when all I want to do is continue to loyally follow my club at every game, but continually I feel like I'm being taken for a ride - and it takes a lot for me to get to that point. I'll gladly drive up to Chesterfield and back after work to stand and watch a pre-season friendly in the pouring rain but if you're asking me to sit amongst a load of Fox Travel Grannies and watch us get beat by Ipswich for £31, it grates somewhat.

Feeling exactly the same mate, the thing is though, it hurts to feel like that, well it does for me anyway.

My enthusiasm for the club is really starting to die now. :(

And in all honesty, I don't see why people would happily pay £31 to watch Newcastle away during the week but not Ipswich away. That's also a joke, imo.

Normally I'd agree, but some people just can't afford to do both and therefore have to choose one. To pick the one that's on SKY, and further away, does show decent support.

I'd love to see less than 400 City there also, less the better. It's about time people actually stand up and refuse to take this shite anymore.

I did every away bar Northampton last season because at £23 I thought it was well over the top for what it was.

I'll happily pay up to £30 in a good away end with the right faces, surrounded by decent home support and plenty to do before and after the game. Ipswich offers none of that. Anyone attending this has more money than sense.

As a side issue the away games I reckon I'll attend this season (in conjunction with Jme after heavy discussions) read:

Sheff Utd

Newcastle *

S****horpe

Forest

Cardiff *

Swansea *

Bristol City *

Sheff Wed

Palace

Derby

and *'s indicate I'm only going to see lads I know at various uni's. So thats 6! Care for City and football is really going now.

Totally agree.... Ive been following this club for some years and having missed the first few months of last season through illness was determined not to miss any aways this season but I cannot afford this and will not be paying over 30 quid to go to bloody Ipswich. Its not like Ive not been there plenty of times before. I refused to go the Birmingham away game a couple of seasons back for the same reason. I could understand it if it was the likes of Man U ffs but IPSWICH??!! I cant believe they havent sussed that they would get far more of us coming if they priced it at a reasonable costs... more folk through the gates, more food and drink sales etc... this doesnt make good business sense to me?

Much as I love my away days I cannot sacrifice other bills/food shopping etc to go and watch football, Ive got kids to consider. Hopefully I'll make 99% of the others!

Just to put the Ipswich ticket price in context - I paid less to go to Old Trafford and watch Man Utd v Arsenal last season in the game that they won the title. Better view, better stadium, better players and a game that actually meant something all for cheaper than Ipswich are charging. Farce!!

£31 is alot of money to pay, it will certianly test the die hard awayers!! I suppose if many still go, it will only further support Ipswich's pricing structure!!! If you want the likes of Ipswich and other away clubs to lower there prices, firstly you should complain in writing and secondly boycott the game.

Normally I'd agree, but some people just can't afford to do both and therefore have to choose one. To pick the one that's on SKY, and further away, does show decent support.

Au contraire, James. I wonder how many people would be willing to pay £31 to go to Newcastle during the week if it was on Sky but Newcastle were a middle-of-the-road or lower-Championship side? My guess is as many as want to go to Ipswich this season, to be honest. It's only because it's BIG CLUB NEWCASTLE that people would stomach £31 for that but not Ipswich.

As a side issue the away games I reckon I'll attend this season (in conjunction with Jme after heavy discussions) read:

Sheff Utd

Newcastle *

S****horpe

Forest *

Cardiff *

Swansea *

Bristol City *

Sheff Wed *

Palace *

Derby

and *'s indicate I'm only going to see lads I know at various uni's. So thats 6! Care for City and football is really going now.

The 6 I've starred are my 6 that I should definitely be attending, Forest obviously as it's my most local derby, Cardiff as it's the day after my birthday, Swansea for the new ground, Brizzle Citeh 'cos I've missed that and it's epic, Sheff Weds 'cos of the boys being at Sheff Yooneh and Palarse because it's the best away in England.

Attending anything else will be a miracle/stupid/unbelievably suprising.

Au contraire, James. I wonder how many people would be willing to pay £31 to go to Newcastle during the week if it was on Sky but Newcastle were a middle-of-the-road or lower-Championship side? My guess is as many as want to go to Ipswich this season, to be honest. It's only because it's BIG CLUB NEWCASTLE that people would stomach £31 for that but not Ipswich.

The 6 I've starred are my 6 that I should definitely be attending, Forest obviously as it's my most local derby, Cardiff as it's the day after my birthday, Swansea for the new ground, Brizzle Citeh 'cos I've missed that and it's epic, Sheff Weds 'cos of the boys being at Sheff Yooneh and Palarse because it's the best away in England.

Attending anything else will be a miracle/stupid/unbelievably suprising.

Scunnys down purely as it's close enough to uni and last season it was immense throughout. Donny will probably be added as it's virtually sheff and the inevitable Fulham away in one of the cups will certainly get a showing from me.

You best be at Sheff u.

Obviously it's cos they're a massive club that people will still want to go. :D

But I'm only going Macclesfield because it might be a long time before we play them again there, same goes for Newcastle. I doubt we'll get many more opportunities to go to St. James' once they sort themselves out.

Scunnys down purely as it's close enough to uni and last season it was immense throughout. Donny will probably be added as it's virtually sheff and the inevitable Fulham away in one of the cups will certainly get a showing from me.

You best be at Sheff u.

Mate, Donny is during Xmas holidays. Shite.

And yeah, Jamie... come Sheff Yoo followed by Sheffield night out, stop at mine.

This could be the only season I get to go to regular away games

I am hoping, and trying to do the set, I did 9 last season. There are some fixtures which will be difficult, like Tuesday nights, because I don't yet know when my lectures, seminars are timetabled for.

But the costs are excessive... I am almost expecting not to go to QPR because of their prices.

I feel for you fans who don't get discounts like me, when I can probably afford the £31 easier than some (that's not meant to be arrogant by the way) being a single student who doesn't have to spend his money on bills etc.

But what can Leicester do... £31 isn't classed as 'excessive' in the football world. £50 would be, that seems to be the barrier when people stand back and go 'WOAH' behave yourselfs, and to charge that at this level is stupid.

When I went to Millwall last season, at £20 a ticket, I knew that this season was going to be expensive. I saw there that Sheff Utd is £19, that is great news, at least one is reasonably affordable.

Don't forget that this season away fans visiting Filbert way will have to pay £25-27 per game, ok, not £31, but still frigging expensive. It's getting ridiculous now, it really is. I wish the FA could control it like they do with FA Cup disputes, but they can't, and I doubt they would anyway.

You best be at Sheff u.
And yeah, Jamie... come Sheff Yoo followed by Sheffield night out, stop at mine.

lol Will give it a go boys, but seeing as I can't get work for the life of me at the min, the purse-strings are really tight :cry:

Obviously it's cos they're a massive club that people will still want to go. :D

But I'm only going Macclesfield because it might be a long time before we play them again there, same goes for Newcastle. I doubt we'll get many more opportunities to go to St. James' once they sort themselves out.

Ahh so we do agree on something, then! ;):P

Newcastle will struggle to sort themselves out if the turmoil runs much longer on their patch, mate. If they're not careful, they'll be down here for a while.

Archived