Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Over Rated Songs.

Fairytale of New York. 

:xmasohmy: Not the best ever Pogues song (there's a contest for another day), but surely the best ever Christmas song...

Ronnie, you scumbag, you maggot, you cheap lousy faggot, Happy Christmas my arse...I pray God you come to your senses! :xmasbiggrin:

Hotel California

Take +1 rep point 4 years after the event, Mr. Bone Dog. What a steaming pile of drivel, eh?!

In a similar vein:

- Stairway to fvcking heaven, undoubtedly the most over-rated song ever (tbf, serious Led Zep fans seem to agree)

- Smoke on the frigging water; I can still hear those 70s grammar school boys on the bus crapping on about it being "the greatest bit of guitar work ever"....it's not! It's a great steaming pile of self-indulgent, pretentious shite!

- Anything by Steely Dan, Emerson, Lake  & Palmer or Supertramp, and most things by Pink arsing Floyd, bunch of narcissists...

- Whoever the cvnt was who recorded that song "Doc-Doc-Doc-Doc-Doctor Beat" in the 1980s, and the even bigger cvnt who played it non-stop on the Townsend Thoresen cross-channel ferries between Dover and Calais, ruining my bastard life! Similarly, whoever did the smash hit No 1 "Right on Time" in 1989, ruining my life as a glass collector at Champagne's Nightclub, Brighton.

Sorry, but I have to express my feelings at this point...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA39oxMXP-0

:xmasohmy: Not the best ever Pogues song (there's a contest for another day), but surely the best ever Christmas song...

Ronnie, you scumbag, you maggot, you cheap lousy faggot, Happy Christmas my arse...I pray God you come to your senses! :xmasbiggrin:

Take +1 rep point 4 years after the event, Mr. Bone Dog. What a steaming pile of drivel, eh?!

In a similar vein:

- Stairway to fvcking heaven, undoubtedly the most over-rated song ever (tbf, serious Led Zep fans seem to agree)

- Smoke on the frigging water; I can still hear those 70s grammar school boys on the bus crapping on about it being "the greatest bit of guitar work ever"....it's not! It's a great steaming pile of self-indulgent, pretentious shite!

- Anything by Steely Dan, Emerson, Lake  & Palmer or Supertramp, and most things by Pink arsing Floyd, bunch of narcissists...

- Whoever the cvnt was who recorded that song "Doc-Doc-Doc-Doc-Doctor Beat" in the 1980s, and the even bigger cvnt who played it non-stop on the Townsend Thoresen cross-channel ferries between Dover and Calais, ruining my bastard life! Similarly, whoever did the smash hit No 1 "Right on Time" in 1989, ruining my life as a glass collector at Champagne's Nightclub, Brighton.

Sorry, but I have to express my feelings at this point...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA39oxMXP-0

:xmasohmy: they are/were  brilliant 

i think most songs can become victims of their own success though , overplay any song and its more than likely it'll start to grate on you and you won't be able to understand why anyone else still likes it .

• 1 year later...

Nirvana are good I just don't like that song. It has a cult status it doesn't deserve. The lyrics are the nonsense and I'm pretty sure Kurt himself hated it.

Kurt did it to have no meaning. So he really did hate it when it became such a cult song. They did so many other songs that deserved more credit than Smells like teen spirit, so I guess it kinda is overrated

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

@Alf Bentley

lol

Not having heard that for a decade or two, it doesn't sound so bad now. I think my hatred was mainly due to hearing it repetitively in a crappy work situation (collecting glasses in a cheesy, downmarket Brighton nightclub).

On the other hand, I came to hate this one after hearing it repetitively in a work situation, too (crew mess on cross-channel ferry).....and it still seems like a steaming pile of shite on first hearing for many years:

6 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

On the other hand, I came to hate this one after hearing it repetitively in a work situation, too (crew mess on cross-channel ferry).....and it still seems like a steaming pile of shite on first hearing for many years:

Yeah but we'll let her off because her name sounds like 'Glorious Leicester Fan' :D 

Maybe controversial, but I've never understood the love for Rod Stewart. I know he's adored by many but his songs just don't do it for me and I think his voice is average at best. I'm probably in the minority here but I've never rated him. Da Ya Think I'm Sexy was a number 1 hit but I think it's a fvckin awful tune.

• 3 weeks later...

Pharrell Williams - Happy ................... Hated it

Didn't mind some of the N.E.R.D stuff but that song just did the opposite to me

Any Seventies Disco as well....... Thank god Punk came along and rescued the decade.

41 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Pharrell Williams - Happy ................... Hated it

"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof."

So you mean a ruin, which is a room without a roof, clap along if you feel like a ruin... basically Pharrell, the only word you could think of that rhymes with truth is roof.

I'll improve the song for you Mr Williams. "Clap along if you feel like Robert Huth."

And like you I like a lot of NERD stuff... but that song is crap. 

This is an improvement...

Archived