Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Over Rated Songs.

22 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof."

So you mean a ruin, which is a room without a roof, clap along if you feel like a ruin... basically Pharrell, the only word you could think of that rhymes with truth is roof.

I'll improve the song for you Mr Williams. "Clap along if you feel like Robert Huth."

And like you I like a lot of NERD stuff... but that song is crap. 

This is an improvement...

Pharrell 0 Northern Soul 1

I don't like NS either but you nailed it    :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Lionator said:

Galway Girl is the worst song ever.

Indeed. I really don't get it. Ed is the most over rated musician on the planet. He continues to churn out shit songs with bullshit generic lyrics by the month. I swear people only like it because he's a baby-faced ginger.

On 7/21/2017 at 21:31, the fox said:

hello by adele!

Adele in general.

Obviously a talented singer but I think there's a distinguished difference between being a talented singer and a talented frontman/woman. 

Nothing she releases encourages any emotion from me, other than "yeah she's a good singer". In my opinion she doesn't have much of an edge or charisma especially on stage.You could shove a cardboard cut-out on stage and no-one at the back of an arena show would know. A talented performer could reverberate charisma and you know you're watching something special, whether you're there or on TV. And you don't even have to run around like a looney to achieve that, Liam Gallagher barely moves in concert but like him or not he has a draw on stage. Her Glastonbury set was a struggle to watch.

Then it's her actual content. A lot of heartbreak songs about nothing in particular, and it's probably that lack of substance in her material that contributes to her performances being so flat. Unless you're an established Adele fan how can it pique your interest when she's singing about a bloke who left her for the tenth time on her set?

Very talented but just boring and bland as a songwriter and performer.

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 18:50, Adster said:

Indeed. I really don't get it. Ed is the most over rated musician on the planet. He continues to churn out shit songs with bullshit generic lyrics by the month. I swear people only like it because he's a baby-faced ginger.

Its why I never listen to the radio now. Guaranteed if I turn on capital FM on the drive to work and the drive home I will hear Galway Girl or another Ed Sheeran shite song. All sound the same.

Most over rated song for me is The Pogues 'Fairytale of New York'.

I don't get it. Why is this song considered one of the greatest (if not the greatest) christmas songs ever? Just absolute guff. In fact i'm sick of Christmas songs. Hearing the same rubbish every year. 

Bah Humbug

On 21/07/2017 at 18:36, bovril said:

Don't Look Back in Anger. It's awful. Is there any opening line worse than 'slip inside the eye of your mind'?

"Generals gathered in their masses, Just like witches at black masses."

Has to go down as one of the worst opening lines to a song, it is a great song ("War Pigs" for the uninitiated), but every time I hear Ozzy Osbourne rhyme masses with masses I cringe.

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

"Generals gathered in their masses, Just like witches at black masses."

Has to go down as one of the worst opening lines to a song, it is a great song ("War Pigs" for the uninitiated), but every time I hear Ozzy Osbourne rhyme masses with masses I cringe.

Is it worse than Pitbull rhyming Kodak with Kodak lol 

35 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Is it worse than Pitbull rhyming Kodak with Kodak lol 

I don't know that song, I've just read the lyrics and in the context of the song they are not as bad. Rhyming masses with masses is just awful, but it's not even Black Sabbath's worst lyric, I would go with:

"God knows as your dog knows, Bog blast all of you."

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Despite that it is still a good song.

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

I don't know that song, I've just read the lyrics and in the context of the song they are not as bad. Rhyming masses with masses is just awful, but it's not even Black Sabbath's worst lyric, I would go with:

"God knows as your dog knows, Bog blast all of you."

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Despite that it is still a good song.

With Black Sabbath it works though. Oasis were worse as they clearly thought the lyrics were dead meaningful but they just sounded like a 15 year old boy starting his first band.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Harry Styles' album was actually alright I thought

Only heard what's on the radio but it's not for me. 

I was was saying to my girlfriend, name me a song in the last 5 years that will stand the test of time and will still be listened to in 20 years time.

i listen to quite a bit of 80's and 90's music but I just can't see noughties or this decades music being remembered for anything

22 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Only heard what's on the radio but it's not for me. 

I was was saying to my girlfriend, name me a song in the last 5 years that will stand the test of time and will still be listened to in 20 years time.

i listen to quite a bit of 80's and 90's music but I just can't see noughties or this decades music being remembered for anything

Alright then, off the top of my head Daft Punk - Get Lucky.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Maybe I'm just being a music snob. 

Not really, it was and still is a great song. Topped so many end of year lists and rightly so, might've gotten annoying because you couldn't escape it but it was brilliant.

If you were a music snob you'd appreciate that there's an absolute tonne of great music been released over the past five years if you step outside the chart with is full of disposable garbage. I could list countless songs and albums I'll still be listening to in 20 years time.

I love 90s music and Britpop and all that but I don't get teary eyed about the state of modern music just because Oasis aren't in the charts anymore. Modern music can be as bloody brilliant as music's always been. Go and listen to Jamie xx or Kendrick Lamar or the Arctics or Run the Jewels.

Not really, it was and still is a great song. Topped so many end of year lists and rightly so, might've gotten annoying because you couldn't escape it but it was brilliant.

If you were a music snob you'd appreciate that there's an absolute tonne of great music been released over the past five years if you step outside the chart with is full of disposable garbage. I could list countless songs and albums I'll still be listening to in 20 years time.

I love 90s music and Britpop and all that but I don't get teary eyed about the state of modern music just because Oasis aren't in the charts anymore. Modern music can be as bloody brilliant as music's always been. Go and listen to Jamie xx or Kendrick Lamar or the Arctics or Run the Jewels.
Of all the great tunes Daft Punk have produced and you pick out that steaming pile of turd.

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:
7 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Of all the great tunes Daft Punk have produced and you pick out that steaming pile of turd.

It's not really though, is it?

Modern music is mostly a sack of shit. However as @Miquel The Work Geordie said there are a few songs that will get played down the years that have been released recently. The song mentioned is one of the better songs produced in todays shitfest of music and it's very easy to see that song being played on something like Heart FMs "Club Classics" night in 15-20 years.

In reality who knows what songs will be played 15-20 years down the line, we haven't reached that point in time yet!

Archived