Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shrenchel

Whisky

My dad drinks Whisky constantly more than any thing else and I don't know how he does it because it does really burn my mouth if I have a bit.

Add a drop of water to release the oils, it'll burn less and taste better :thumbup:

Famous Grouse

Johnny Walker - my fave

Jack Daniels

Grants

Bells

Jameson

Jim Bean

All lovely as a present!

I was at the Jameson distillery in Dublin and I got to the tasting session, I preffered Johnny Walker and they made me do the tour again as a punishment haha :giggle:

Edited by z-layrex

Basically the older whiskys are generally more complex with stronger, fuller flavours, I know people who like 8 year old Lagavulin but hate the older versions. It's all about personal taste really. Also remind people to always add a small drop of water (not ice, not soda), this releases the flavours and makes for better drinking. Yes I am a whisky fan (sad isn't it).

Good point, but make sure it is either filtered water or natural mineral water as it will react the water that it is distilled with and will create a much nicer smoother taste.

If you after a nice smooth whiskey one that i would reccomend is an Arberlour 12 sherry cask, this is a very nice and sweet task which is a speyside whiskey.

Link

I had a lovely single malt from Sainsburys that was £25 but I canna remember what it was called. In a black or dark grey box is all I can remember about it :D

That good!!

Laphroaig is the future of Whisky's. If you're buying some, get me some too. :thumbup:

that's what i'm drinking at the moment, but as a gift a little risky...

at bottom, just avoid anything that says 'blended' on the bottle...

anybody here tried any japanese whiskies?

What does 'medicinal whisky' mean? I drink whisky but never heard of this!

I had a lovely single malt from Sainsburys that was £25 but I canna remember what it was called. In a black or dark grey box is all I can remember about it :D

"medicinal whisky" smells medicinal....

I'm no whisk[e]y expert (I'm drinking jameson at the mo) but I think its the peat based stuff, I know of one (can't remember the name) which is pretty strong smelling and tasting. Is there a green whisky?

That good!!

Yes it must of been :D

I'm no whisk[e]y expert (I'm drinking jameson at the mo) but I think its the peat based stuff, I know of one (can't remember the name) which is pretty strong smelling and tasting. Is there a green whisky?

Ah right, so it has nothing to do with being a good medicine for painful teeth or anything then?!

I've never seen a green whisky but it is very possible there are some.

laphroaig is very peaty and comes in a very green bottle, maybe that's what you are thinking of?

damn, now i'm thinking about whisky and it's 9am

that's what i'm drinking at the moment, but as a gift a little risky...

at bottom, just avoid anything that says 'blended' on the bottle...

anybody here tried any japanese whiskies?

I've had a few japanese whiskies whilst over there, they tend to be similar to blends like Walkers and Teachers but some are quite nice, Japanese wine is :sick: a very poor copy of the french wines. Saki is very nice, there are hundreds of types some drunk hot some drunk very cold.

Ah I think that is the nice one I was on about if it's around £25 a bottle. Father-in-Laws favourite

Its in a brown bottle, which is quite stubby.

12 year old is in a silver box - approx £27 per litre

18 year old is in a brown box - approx £35 per 70cl

25 year old is in a black box - Approx £135 per 70cl

I've had a few japanese whiskies whilst over there, they tend to be similar to blends like Walkers and Teachers but some are quite nice, Japanese wine is :sick: a very poor copy of the french wines. Saki is very nice, there are hundreds of types some drunk hot some drunk very cold.

ok, well i don't drink those two so...er....

japanese wine, hmmm, probably akin to norwegian wine.

i have a bottle of saki in the fridge but have been sick since i bought it, so it is unopened :angry: