Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Worst job you ever had

I was just reading the work experience thread , which reminded me of my worst ever job.

I used to sell the old scratchcards for city door to door.It was like meeting all the moaners and groaners on here, only in the comfort of thier own home..

I lasted 2 days.

Probably working for Virgin Megastores in the airport. 1- ridiculously random shift pattern (8pm finish with a 3am start?) 2- Biggest scumbag boss you could imagine. He was about 40 and fooking one of the 18 year olds, and he gave her a 9-5 shift pattern. The ****.

So fooking glad I went to uni and got myself a real job. It's sad how one shit boss can ruin what would otherwise be a great place to work.

Working at Fantasy Island in Ingoldmells while doing my A Levels aged 16/17.

The kind of morons I was forced to deal with on a daily basis told me why those A Levels were very necessary to avoid such twunts at all costs in future.

at 16 i used to work in a dog kennels my boss was a lesbian man hater , but the worst bit of the job was that i had to wash all the dog crap down a small drain hole which was allways getting blocked so i had to push it down with sticks and sometimes use the hose pipe but then all of the crap would cover you.

Probably working for Virgin Megastores in the airport. 1- ridiculously random shift pattern (8pm finish with a 3am start?) 2- Biggest scumbag boss you could imagine. He was about 40 and fooking one of the 18 year olds, and he gave her a 9-5 shift pattern. The ****.

So fooking glad I went to uni and got myself a real job. It's sad how one shit boss can ruin what would otherwise be a great place to work.

respect :thumbup:

i was assistant manager of a pub on richmond hill in surrey, and ended up working 6 nights a week... decided after a week that it wasn't for me when the manager told me off for 'chatting to the customers' :nono:

2 summers ago after A-Levels I needed something temp after my office Admin contract ended. Rang a number in merc. for an agency, put me in this warehouse watching this machine and packaging these like shop display stands. 7pm-7am think it was around £9p/h. Surrounded by poles and hideus envirmonment, with no music allowed. Absolutely unbearable, quit in the morning and got another contract back in the office a week later. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

at 16 i used to work in a dog kennels my boss was a lesbian man hater , but the worst bit of the job was that i had to wash all the dog crap down a small drain hole which was allways getting blocked so i had to push it down with sticks and sometimes use the hose pipe but then all of the crap would cover you.

Sorry that made me giggle. :D

Delivering Ikea Catalogues round a few villages. Delivered 1000 of the buggers

Greens Keeper running around a golf course at 430am getting all the bunkers ready for Tournaments was not fun especially on apprentice wages.

I lasted 5 weeks but quit after doing a 65 hours in 5 days in 40 degree heat and losing control of a $6000 lawn mower in to a bunker.

I was also working with a bloke who was on manslaughter charges for killing a school mate of mine.

Only positive was flying around on 4 wheel motor bikes.

Market research on dog walkers. :whistle:

lol

Only had one real job (i.e. not paper boy) and can't really complain about how I've been treated there. It's employees get stereotyped as idiots but I'd have no problem in recommending the place to anyone in need of work.

Whilst at uni I worked for the enemy, cold calling selling double glazed windows. I lasted roughly 3 hours.

Never have I worked in such a dump. The employees were all thick as planks and judging by their personal hygiene you had to be careful not to catch herpes whilst using the shared phones.

Me and mate walked in the managers office to tell him we were out and he tried to talk us into trying out door to door sales for the day. He basically said he wanted us to intimidate people at the door and pressure them into buying windows. Told him to do one.

Market research on dog walkers. :whistle:

lol

I've only had two jobs. Both have been fine. Worked at Coombs Bakery on saturdays and summer holidays from about the age of 14-19. That was a cracking job. Hours weren't great getting up at 4:30am but it was right laugh, the people were great. Even worked with Duncan Bannatyne's brother while I was there, which is my very tenuous claim to fame.

You ever sub the Chron & Echo?

No but I wrote up and headlined football reports for Sunday Sport at the Chronicle and Echo building in Northampton (from phoned in notes by Bobby Moore, among others).

Saturday shift work for the nationals was always well rewarded and was particularly good fun on Sunday Sport because they mostly gave me the Man United and Liverpool matches.

Had a spell working with my Dad on site where I'd get sent to bottom of this bloke's garden in a village near Loughborough and have to chip compo off bricks for re-use with the intention of not trying to smash the brick whilst my Dad was laying them for this extension. It was a tad boring and hardly the quickest led place in the world. Generally it was the banter at the breaks which kept me going.

What made it all the more crap was one particular day when the snotty nosed owner showed up with his lad. I was sat there on break with a mouth dry as nun's ladypiece drinking some big bottle pop, absolutely knackered as I had been setting out the blocks that day. The bloke then preceeded to use me as some example to his lad as a 'hard worker' etc when really it just came across as higher class snobbery.

10 months as a Taxi driver whilst i was establishing my own business.

7 of those 10 months were spent on the night shift, 12 hour shifts for a pittance and...

Dealing with filthy disgusting drunken cnuts,

OD'ing drug adicts who get you to take them to hospital coz its cheaper than an ambulance.

Self important prats who think that because they are paying virtually FCUK ALL they can treat people like shit.

Idiots who expect you to know EVERY single street in the city and surrounding suburbs. You know where your going.. tell me the easiest way and ill go that way!!

C*ckends who jump out and run... little fcuckers... wasnt so funny that one time was it?

Hosing vomit from the back of the cab.

Being trapped by a seatbelt and a door, when some little shit pulls a blade and thinks they are going to take the piss poor amount youve spent the last 11 hours earning for your family.

The legal system not understanding all of the above IS an excuse for murder.

Picking peppers and butternuts in Canarvan Australia.

Worked from 7 to 7 six days a week bent over picking peppers from bushes. You had to pick the rip ones and miss none while trying to keep up with the tractor. Bent over so your hands were about touching the floor. Grabbing at a bit of colour to find it was rotten and you had stinking pepper all over your hands and arm. All this is the baking heat while keeping one eye out for tiger snakes. Butternuts were worse as they were heavier and killed your back after a couple of hours.

Last year i did some agency work doing traffic surveys.

12 hour days . 7.30am start. you would have to stand at a bus stop and count how many cars had 1 passenger, how mant had 2, 3 and 4. then the lorrys , vans ,bikes, pedestrians and mark them down and which they were going...

We then had to count passengers on buses, those on the top deck and those on the bottom.

Did get one laugh though. when a friend got on a bus we told the bus driver to drive on so he had to walk back from the next stop. little things like that brighten a completly boring day.

Did it for 3 weeks. on welford road near the uni and on big bypasses near melton.

i dreamt of cars wizzing passed me in my sleep and would wake up with my finger still clicking away...

Archived