Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smudge

Phunny (Funny) Photos / Pictures

3 hours ago, Captain... said:

Dammit, what did I miss?

Someone posted a slightly amusing picture of an Asian looking woman in a headscarf who could be assumed to be Muslim with a bag showing the slogan "Bring Home the Bacon". Parafox had a hissy fit about assuming her religion being racist and how offended he was. Everyone told him he was being daft and than started taking the piss out of him.

Edited by Facecloth

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Someone posted a slightly amusing picture of an Asian looking woman in a headscarf who could be assumed to be Muslim with a bag showing the slogan "Bring Home the Bacon". Paradox had a hissy fit about assuming her religion being racist and how offended he was. Everyone told him he was being daft and than started taking the piss out of him.

And the mods felt the need to protect us from that? :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Someone posted a slightly amusing picture of an Asian looking woman in a headscarf who could be assumed to be Muslim with a bag showing the slogan "Bring Home the Bacon". Parafox had a hissy fit about assuming her religion being racist and how offended he was. Everyone told him he was being daft and than started taking the piss out of him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

And everyone missed the point, actually.

I got the irony of the photo, but nonetheless I felt it was offensive.

There have been much less tenuous posts that have been removed for the possibility of causing offence.

And then I get called names (which doesn't bother me) which simply adds to my belief that there's some pretty ignorant people on FT.

Anyway. Let's leave it at that.

Edited by Parafox

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

And everyone missed the point, actually.

I got the irony of the photo, but nonetheless I felt it was offensive.

There have been much less tenuous posts that have been removed for the possibility of causing offence.

And then I get called names (which doesn't bother me) which simply adds to my belief that there's some pretty ignorant people on FT.

Anyway. Let's leave it at that.

I find your assertions that the post was racist and offensive, should I report your posts too?

The problem most people had was, the picture was a juxtaposition a woman  wearing an Islamic religious headscarf and holding a Tesco bag with bacon  emblazoned  across it; given the propensity for the absurd belief that pork  is forbidden by God, that's where the humour was. 

Literally nothing about it was racist, in any conceivable way, and yet you decided to whine about that and claim to be offended on her behalf. 

Ironically your meltdown was 10 times funnier than the actual photo.

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Like 4

My guess will be that the photo and following comments were removed not because it was deemed offensive as  such ( not saying it was or wasn't) but because it was a silly argument and going tit for tat on a funny photos page isnt really funny or a photo..

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

My guess will be that the photo and following comments were removed not because it was deemed offensive as  such ( not saying it was or wasn't) but because it was a silly argument and going tit for tat on a funny photos page isnt really funny or a photo..

It was a relatively tame argument until the offended person pulled out 2 incredibly offensive racial slurs. Ironic really.

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

It was a relatively tame argument until the offended person pulled out 2 incredibly offensive racial slurs. Ironic really.

Also used a personal insult against me and hasn't been banned, which I have been banned for in the past.

I did report the post and it was removed, but no ban.

Edited by Facecloth

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I dont think the Mods main point is to pass judgement on a photo but to maintain a certain degree of harmony- if that involves removing a photo that may or may not be offensive then so be it...

Guest MattP

A picture of a Muslim women carrying a bag saying "bring home the bacon" was removed because someone complained about it?

That actually happened? Why would that be deleted? 

I think most people would know I'm no soppy Guardian reader but I thought the picture was borderline. If Parafox had just reported it, it would have been removed and no more would have been said. Parafox over reacted and everyone else over reacted to his over reaction. It was a ridiculous row about nothing and it's been sorted now. As far as I'm concerned the subject is closed. Let it drop.

• Like 3