Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Ever heard the one about the band who became complete arses?

If you read the blog entry itself, the parts Joe has posted are just snippets. It's actually more about their time at the festival, and as a result Kings of Leon's behaviour cropped up

fair enough, to be honest, i din't think everyone would get so wound up, i just thought it was a bit whiney alround.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I'd add to this discussion of when KOL became complete arses. Rewind to February 2009 in Barcelona, where they cancelled a show at the Razzmatazz 15 MINUTES before the gig. Barcelona in February is not exactly a sunny and warm paradise as is depicted on their new album cover. It was freezing cold and people were queuing for HOURS to get in. It was a slap in the face to be told that the gig was cancelled without any warning 15 minutes before we were due to head in. There was no explanation at the time and they did not bother rescheduling the gig. Most people at the gig travelled from far away to come see their gig in Barcelona (including myself) that night. In fact, I tailored my whole holiday around that gig including choosing a not-so-cheap hotel that was near the venue. The tickets were refunded in the end, but minus the service charges. If you are gravely ill would you not know a lot earlier than 15 minutes before!?!? Why would you knowingly make people wait for hours outside in the cold only to turn them away!?

Angry fans: http://www.last.fm/event/825847+Kings+of+Leon+at+Razzmatazz+on+14+February+2009

Press release filled with lies: http://www.kingsofleon.com/pages/news/barcelona-show-cancelled-a584a370

Archived