Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Albums you haven't listened to for ages but then when you do listen to them you wonder why you didn't listen to them for ages

The_Go-Go'sBeautyandtheBeatalbumcover.jp

Great pop record.  The 2nd track has a guitar part that reminds me of a smiths song but I just can't remember which one.

Here's the track, the brake at 5 sec - 10 sec that's repeated throughout the song...if any smiths fans can help...or maybe its just me.:D

On 10/13/2017 at 14:35, purpleronnie said:

The_Go-Go'sBeautyandtheBeatalbumcover.jp

Great pop record.  The 2nd track has a guitar part that reminds me of a smiths song but I just can't remember which one.

Here's the track, the brake at 5 sec - 10 sec that's repeated throughout the song...if any smiths fans can help...or maybe its just me.:D

I immediately thought of this

then this

• Like 1

Went to see Gary Numan about two weeks ago and I got back in to the synth stuff while rummmaging around found this again

Went to see them about 10 years ago and it was hell of a gig

So I've ordered their newer stuff based on the video below

:thumbup:   Enjoy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

This may well be the most accurate contribution I've ever made to this thread. 

One of the greatest albums I've ever heard. Why the **** haven't I listened to this in years!? 

81ApIxyhiAL._SL1500_.jpg

It's a great album, the production always floors me. Everything is so clear and sharp sounding

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

This may well be the most accurate contribution I've ever made to this thread. 

One of the greatest albums I've ever heard. Why the **** haven't I listened to this in years!? 

81ApIxyhiAL._SL1500_.jpg

Great album, I remember my mate buying it for my birthday when it came out.  I recently bought a couple more of their albums but they did little for me, maybe you need to be an angry teenager to appreciate them:D

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Great album, I remember my mate buying it for my birthday when it came out.  I recently bought a couple more of their albums but they did little for me, maybe you need to be an angry teenager to appreciate them:D

I'm a big RATM fan to be fair, always have been. There's usually a debate of Self Titled vs Battle of LA but Evil Empire is actually my favourite. 

It's got a much funkier kind of slap/wah sound that I just love. It's a bit dirtier and less crisp than the other records. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm a big RATM fan to be fair, always have been. There's usually a debate of Self Titled vs Battle of LA but Evil Empire is actually my favourite. 

It's got a much funkier kind of slap/wah sound that I just love. It's a bit dirtier and less crisp than the other records. 

What was your opinion on Audioslave Finners?

28 minutes ago, Line-X said:

What was your opinion on Audioslave Finners?

Yeah I liked them, absolutely gutted about Cornell. Always preferred Rage, more my thing, but Audioslave were cracking. 

Show Me How To Live is one of the best rock n roll songs of the new millennium.