Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AmyLGK

North West Foxes

Where do you lot go to watch the games in Manchester (If you cant make it to the Walkers or the away game)?? I used to watch the games in the Friendship Inn in Fallowfield but nowhere really shows them around here :( Got Sky Sports etc. in my flat but not the same watching it on me tod :(

The Red Lion in Withington normally show every championship game and will usually show two games if there is a clash. Normally a few foxes in there for Sky games as well, plus its the best pub in South Manchester (imo). Only a few stops on the 42/43 from Fallowfield too.

If not there I'll watch them with friends, but as most of them support Manure (Irish not mancs coincidentally) or Cov I usually just get the p*** ripped out of me which isn't too fun.

Edited by mancunianfox

Born Loughborough, lived adult life in Alsager, then Heaton Mersey (Stockport) for last 20 years.

Have had no chance to go to a home game yet this season. Frustrating that so few away games are close, especially as I want to blood my grandkids this season.

Found the same probs with pubs showing Euro/Prem games in preference to ours. I've found Red Lion, Withington, accommodating too, and will try them again now I know there's a chance of finding City supporters there - it's no fun being Billy-no-mates, and the only Leicester fan, in a pub. The Frog & Railway in Heaton Mersey also used to put on multichannels, but recently under new management so not sure - for the first few weeks they had no footy at all as the old manager had taken the remote with him!

Ah, the woes of being a City fan in the North West.

I am sure there are night buses from Withington to Marple -if not, just blag a taxi, you could make it home for under a tenner if you are crafty! Count me in on this Manchester knees up by the way, I am a fox in isolation here surrounded by 'City' fans who appear to think MCFC are the only club worth discussing!

Bramhall, Stockport!

If you don't want to drive down to the Walkers for a Saturday match, then try East Midlands train to Nottingham leaving Man Piccadilly at 8-43; 9.43; 10-43. Calls at Stockport, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Alfreton, Nottingham. Takes 1hr 45 then trains to Leicester every 30 mins.

The 8-43 and 9-43 are always packed to Sheffield then 90% get off.

Trains come back every hour, If you book online, EMT will probably send you an e-mail giving you 10% discount on your next trip.

I am sure there are night buses from Withington to Marple -if not, just blag a taxi, you could make it home for under a tenner if you are crafty! Count me in on this Manchester knees up by the way, I am a fox in isolation here surrounded by 'City' fans who appear to think MCFC are the only club worth discussing!

A TENNER - that's good drinking money that! :beer: I'll investigate the bus situation :P

Bramhall, Stockport!

If you don't want to drive down to the Walkers for a Saturday match, then try East Midlands train to Nottingham leaving Man Piccadilly at 8-43; 9.43; 10-43. Calls at Stockport, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Alfreton, Nottingham. Takes 1hr 45 then trains to Leicester every 30 mins.

The 8-43 and 9-43 are always packed to Sheffield then 90% get off.

Trains come back every hour, If you book online, EMT will probably send you an e-mail giving you 10% discount on your next trip.

BRAMHALL whoo hoo not far from me then! :thumbup:

Guest parky0607

Another Blackpool

Only been to Cardiff (H) this season but went to about 10 games last season - Preston was a great day.

I get loads of stick for Blackpool bein in the prem and all that but I'd still rather be a leicester fan any day