Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Guest MattP

I'm off to a wedding in Punta Cana next week, anyone know the best place to buy a linen suit, shirt etc?

I have absolutely no idea.

On 4/17/2017 at 12:19, Royston. said:

How many years til the sun explodes/implodes and the world ends?

To add to the answers already supplied, the Sun will end its Main Sequence phase (run out of hydrogen to burn) in around 5 billion years, reaching it's peak red giant size after about another 2.5 billion (so nearly 7.5 billion years total).

However, within 600 million years from now, the luminosity of the Sun will be so much higher that the carbon cycle will be disrupted, leading to a mass die-off of 99% of plants as they will no longer be able to access carbon dioxide. That will pretty much spell the end of complex life on Earth, though simple life may go on for another few hundred million years.

"Garden worlds" like our own don't tend to have a massive window of time for life to get to the complex stage sadly (in astronomical terms anyway).

Edited by leicsmac

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

I'm off to a wedding in Punta Cana next week, anyone know the best place to buy a linen suit, shirt etc?

I've got a wedding in Greece soon and was looking myself, I've been looking on moss bros. they seem to have a decent range at reasonable prices. I've not ordered yet though.

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I've got a wedding in Greece soon and was looking myself, I've been looking on moss bros. they seem to have a decent range at reasonable prices. I've not ordered yet though.

Cheers, I'm going to look a right twat in linen so I don't want to spend too much.

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

Cheers, I'm going to look a right twat in linen so I don't want to spend too much.

Yeah that's why I haven't ordered yet, I'm debating whether to suit up at all. I'm tempted to wear some nice smart chino shorts and a the best linen shirt I can find. Positives, look less of a twat and might get to reuse them. Is it a bit disrespectful though?

Guest MattP
Just now, Strokes said:

Yeah that's why I haven't ordered yet, I'm debating whether to suit up at all. I'm tempted to wear some nice smart chino shorts and a the best linen shirt I can find. Positives, look less of a twat and might get to reuse them. Is it a bit disrespectful though?

You sound exactly where I am lol

15 hours ago, MattP said:

Christopher Scotney (London Road).

Suit Yourself (Belvoir Street).

16 hours ago, Strokes said:

16 hours ago, MattP said:

15 hours ago, Strokes said:

15 hours ago, MattP said:

You sound exactly where I am lol

15 hours ago, Strokes said:

lol yeah, knowing my luck I'll choose the later and it'll rain.

Cheers Gents. I'll be attending a wedding in Santorini in the next year so was pondering the very same question. I was leaning towards linen suit - smart but still not TOO hot, but I hadn't thought about the smart chino shorts option, so you might have just saved me looking like the man from Del Monte lol

Edited by Darkon84
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Darkon84 said:

Cheers Gents. I'll be attending a wedding in Santorini in the next year so was pondering the very same question. I was leaning towards linen suit - smart but still not TOO hot, but I hadn't thought about the smart chino option, so you might have just saved me looking like the man from Del Monte lol

I've bit the bullet and made my mind up on the shorts, fùck the suit. It's not my fault they chose Greece and it's respectful taking my whole family holiday with them. Decision made.

Now anyone know where to get some nice Chino Shorts?

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I've bit the bullet and made my mind up on the shorts, fùck the suit. It's not my fault they chose Greece and it's respectful taking my whole family holiday with them. Decision made.

Now anyone know where to get some nice Chino Shorts?

I think that's probably going to swing me to shorts too. Most of their friends can't make it because of price etc, so the fact me and the mrs will be there should be enough.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

I think that's probably going to swing me to shorts too. Most of their friends can't make it because of price etc, so the fact me and the mrs will be there should be enough.

Surely the photos will look better if you are comfortable having a good time, I'll be well grumpy in a suit lol 

On 17/04/2017 at 22:37, Facecloth said:

Without getting into the whole BBC bias crap, that's been done to death on here, the BBC is impartial. The rest can present the news in anyway they like, so what ITV say Trump is doing might be painted in totally different way by Sky, and another by Channel 4 and so on and so on.

Most news isn't news nowadays, it's opinion with a smattering of loose facts.

Fun fact:

Broadcast media is legally bound to be impartial whether it is the bbc, sky or c4 etc.

Printed media is allowed to be partial.

This is why broadcast news doesn't fit with daily mail blather.

Guest MattP
5 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Profound Question of the Day 

Ivanka  Trump 

Wouldya ? 

Seriously? 

Yes. Yes.

I'd get on top of Mrs May given half a chance. 

6 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Profound Question of the Day 

Ivanka  Trump 

Wouldya ? 

Image result for ivanka trump

Not sure anyone can really be turning her down. 

I'd paint myself brown, read extracts from the qur'an during, film it and then send it to Donald.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

To those that would - the dilemma for me is looks ( obviously ) v the fact that she has first generation Donald dna and appears to share many of his values

You didn't mention reproduction or morality before!

Im suing for entrapment!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to break up a very serious discussion (answer: you would even if you were gay) but I've just learned that 2 of my closest friends are expecting a baby.  Only 5 weeks in so it's a bit premature to get them things like onesies or Mum & Dad mugs but I'd like to get them something...  To that end does anybody with experience of buying for expectant couples or of receiving gifts as an expectant couple have any slam dunk suggestions for a good gift early doors?