Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

4 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Is Thracian banned after the controversial comment made in the Brighton thread? :unsure:

The thread complaining about it was closed with the line:

It was dealt with by the moderation team. I think 10 pages of calling him out and commenting on him when he can't respond is enough.

So that's a yes then.  Glad it's been dealt with and we can all move on, man definitely needed a bit of time in the sin bin

Edited by Carl the Llama

10 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

The thread complaining about it was closed with the line:

So that's a yes then.  Glad it's been dealt with and we can all move on, man definitely needed a bit of time in the sin bin

I don't get why you were so desperate for him to be banned. If you don't like what he puts on here you could easily just put him on ignore. 

2 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I don't get why you were so desperate for him to be banned. If you don't like what he puts on here you could easily just put him on ignore. 

I'm not going to help you start this whole debate all over again, if you genuinely can't get your head around it then drop me a pm and I'll be happy to explain it to you. 

It's been dealt with so there's no point constantly dragging it up to start new arguments and derail perfectly good threads.

8 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm not going to help you start this whole debate all over again, if you genuinely can't get your head around it then drop me a pm and I'll be happy to explain it to you. 

It's been dealt with so there's no point constantly dragging it up to start new arguments and derail perfectly good threads.

Don't want this thread to be about what happened to one member but I viewed his profile and on his bio information part, he's refusing to use the site again..

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Don't want this thread to be about what happened to one member but I viewed his profile and on his bio information part, he's refusing to use the site again..

Reading what he's put, it's nice to see the widespread criticism of what he said has made him rethink his stance :blink:

And he's clearly had issues with homosexuals in the past so now tars them all with the same brush, even to the point of where he's prepared to make up a connection to paedophilia. He can't see the error of his ways though.

I noticed on the recent post match thread title it said "Leices" anyone else use this abbreviation?

And out of interest is there is pecking order about who starts the pre match, match and post match threads or is it just a keyboard competitive sprint/brawl ?

Everybody must read the very first post on the pre and post match threads.

If I ever do one it may be covertly sponsored ( I wonder what vagisil would pay me to sneak their name in );)

4 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

I noticed on the recent post match thread title it said "Leices" anyone else use this abbreviation?

And out of interest is there is pecking order about who starts the pre match, match and post match threads or is it just a keyboard competitive sprint/brawl ?

Everybody must read the very first post on the pre and post match threads.

If I ever do one it may be covertly sponsored ( I wonder what vagisil would pay me to sneak their name in );)

That was me . :D

At the end of the Brighton game it was 5 minutes and nobody had started the thread so I thought I'd better do, by the time I'd posted it someone had beat me to it. This week nobody had done it so I rushed it so we wouldn't have 2 threads again.

There's no rule who can start it. If Steven isn't at the match it's usually him but it can be anyone, whoever's first.

48 minutes ago, Webbo said:

That was me . :D

At the end of the Brighton game it was 5 minutes and nobody had started the thread so I thought I'd better do, by the time I'd posted it someone had beat me to it. This week nobody had done it so I rushed it so we wouldn't have 2 threads again.

There's no rule who can start it. If Steven isn't at the match it's usually him but it can be anyone, whoever's first.

I'm going to start them all for the season now. That way I win and you all lose.

I've been meaning to subscribe to the FT for a while now but I've noticed there's no cap on the amount of articles I can read without a subscription - when I think I'm right in saying there should actually be a cap after three. Has anyone else had this 'problem' or know if there's a reason for their generosity? 

On 8/24/2017 at 23:32, ajthefox said:

Who recruits recruitment consultants (staff) for recruitment consultants (companies)?

They are called rec2rec's and though the concept seems bizarre to the outsider, it's actually a very profitable industry. As many people will know, there are an awful lot of s**t recruiters out there so agencies and companies will pay good money for a good professional.

Having my stag in about a month, there are about 16 people going with 4 I'm not planning in inviting to the wedding. For one of the guys I'm not inviting, I went on his stag and got an evening invite to his wedding though it was a flight to Ireland so needless to say I didnt go. 

We're getting married in the North East and the four guys are from Ireland or London so sending a token evening invite would be bit insulting and obvious.

Wife to be its saying that those guys would expect to be invited to the wedding and the female consensus seems to agrees.

I know its my stag and I can do what I want but my question is....

If you've been invited to a mate's stag (a mate who isnt that close), would you automatically presume you were getting a wedding invite?

12 minutes ago, Nalis said:

If you've been invited to a mate's stag (a mate who isnt that close), would you automatically presume you were getting a wedding invite?

Me personally no, I'd prefer it that way. It's having your cake and eating it. Explaining it too the wife would be trickiest bit, why I am spending money going on a mates stag, that doesn't even invite me to the wedding.

12 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Yes I would. If they're good enough mates to be on the stag why aren't they good enough to go to the wedding? In my opinion of course but that's the way I'd see it. 

Bin them from the stag do it's easier!

I see what you are saying and thanks for the feedback. My logic is that we are limited on numbers for the wedding (having a medium sized wedding).

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Me personally no, I'd prefer it that way. It's having your cake and eating it. Explaining it too the wife would be trickiest bit, why I am spending money going on a mates stag, that doesn't even invite me to the wedding.

Yeah, in addition to the stag in my mentioned original post I've been on a another stag (old friend rather than close friend) where I got a late invite but couldnt go and was never bothered about it. Think for guys a lot of it is about the stag do itself whereas for women it would be a complete no-no.

• Like 1