Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

3 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Not sure if anybody can help on this one!

I'll be getting married (all being well) in August in Warwickshire and have sorted pretty much all of the big things, the only outstanding point is travel for my fiancee from the house she is staying it the night previous to the ceremony venue and then for us both from the ceremony to the reception. I have looked around at a few websites and receiving quotes in excess of £350 for two journeys totalling around 15 miles. 

Naturally I want a nice car, but both of us begrudge throwing hundreds for the sake of a few nice photos. Anyone ever done anything as an alternative/any recommendations? She doesn't seem keen on either a black cab or a 5 mile walk pilgrimage :ph34r:

I bucked the trend of typical extravagant indian weddings and forgot about the elephant, horse or limo.

Wife was driven to the temple in her parents Nissan maxima. I showed up in a rented white Chrysler 300. Then after the ceremonies we used the 300 to drive to our hotel and then the next day reception. We had it for 3 days and it cost way less then a limo (for the 3 or 4 hours you use it) and looked great in our pictures.

Honestly people think you need a limo but nobody ever remembers it after the wedding is done. Sure if its like a limo nobody has ever seen before perhaps but they are all pretty standard these days.

We had originally planned to make use of a low rider  that whole weekend as her brother has a side business installing lowrider equipment onto cars.......but his buddies car had an issue in the weeks before the wedding so the 300 was the best option.

Would have been something me showing up in my turban (sadly i dont wear one always as i cut my hair- bad me) while the car was hoppin at the entrance to the temple lol. Who needs a horse or elephant?

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I bucked the trend of typical extravagant indian weddings and forgot about the elephant, horse or limo.

Wife was driven to the temple in her parents Nissan maxima. I showed up in a rented white Chrysler 300. Then after the ceremonies we used the 300 to drive to our hotel and then the next day reception. We had it for 3 days and it cost way less then a limo (for the 3 or 4 hours you use it) and looked great in our pictures.

Honestly people think you need a limo but nobody ever remembers it after the wedding is done. Sure if its like a limo nobody has ever seen before perhaps but they are all pretty standard these days.

We had originally planned to make use of a low rider  that whole weekend as her brother has a side business installing lowrider equipment onto cars.......but his buddies car had an issue in the weeks before the wedding so the 300 was the best option.

Would have been something me showing up in my turban (sadly i dont wear one always as i cut my hair- bad me) while the car was hoppin at the entrance to the temple lol. Who needs a horse or elephant?

Riding in on a white horse  with a black mask and a white turban on would have looked pretty damn cool Jatt ....    :)

I am hunting for an electronic shaver,  I used to have a good one in Remington but it bit the dust and I got a new one from Phillips.  However,  it is really painful to use especially if I left my beard little too long.  I am the type who grow a curly beard so it can be little difficult to shave so I try not to leave it too long until the next shave.  Do anyone have any solid electronic shaver recommendations?  

On 16/01/2018 at 13:50, David Guiza said:

Not sure if anybody can help on this one!

My neighbour (and good friend) has a dope old school VW transporter. 

He dressed it up with all the bows and stuff and it looked great.

He took my wife and the bridesmaids to the wedding ceremony and me and the best man just got a taxi.

My parents in law got us a wedding car from the ceremony to the reception and yeah, it wasn't cheap for a 10 minute ride. Good fun though.

It was also the ONLY time that day me and the wife got to spend alone. 

• Thanks 1

It could well be me, but has General Chat all gone a bit loopy and cuckoo these last few days?

Everyones gone a bit weird and mad I reckon, like they do when it’s pre season or an international break.

Could be the weather or something in the water but I think you’re all nuts. :P

Everyone is broke and/or dry January and is going a bit stir crazy waiting for pay day, is my guess. Not that I personally live paycheck to paycheck like some peasant, of course.

I like the way the transexual thread has played out, from being started as a veiled but obvious piece of ignorant transphobic banta to becoming an interesting discussion participated in by a trans foxestalker. Old attitudes are dying out, the revolution has begun, come on jezza!

Edited by Rogstanley
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Everyone is broke and/or dry January and is going a bit stir crazy waiting for pay day, is my guess. Not that I personally live paycheck to paycheck like some peasant, of course.

I like the way the transexual thread has played out, from being started as a veiled but obvious piece of ignorant transphobic banta to becoming an interesting discussion participated in by a trans foxestalker. Old attitudes are dying out, the revolution has begun, come on jezza!

This is a work of art.

You've managed to get your right-wing Moosebreath persona and left-wing Frank To Be persona in the same post.

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

It could well be me, but has General Chat all gone a bit loopy and cuckoo these last few days?

Everyones gone a bit weird and mad I reckon, like they do when it’s pre season or an international break.

36 minutes ago, bovril said:

Dmitri, foxestalk bot 7 is malfunctioning. Fetch Pavel. 

I rest my case :D

5 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I think the mods have found a way  to cause a natural reaction of the body both making and consuming crack cocaine whilst viewing foxestalk  general chat.

Right, off to shag a huggable muslim  rachel riley lookalike post-op tranny. :)

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

A BIT !!!! 

• Haha 1

Who would you contact to report someone for not picking up their dog feces? 

I live opposite a field and the past couple of days I’ve noticed an old bloke walking his German Shepard on there. The dog does it’s buisness and the old boy just ignores it.

I thought about going out and approaching him about it but the size of his dog and how aggressive it looks puts me off.

Just now, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I live opposite a field and the past couple of days I’ve noticed an old bloke walking his German Shepard on there. The dog does it’s buisness and the old boy just ignores it.

I thought about going out and approaching him about it but the size of his dog and how aggressive it looks puts me off.

Local council dog warden.

2 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I'd get a picture if you can of him doing it and what he leaves ...   

Leicestershire 
North West Leicestershire dog warden 01530 45 45 45 
Charnwood dog warden 01509 63 46 28 
Melton dog warden 01664 50 25 02 
Hinckley And Bosworth dog warden 01455 23 81 41 EXT 5643 
Blaby dog warden 0116 275 05 55 
Leicester dog warden 0116 252 70 00 
Oadby And Wigston dog warden 0116 257 26 01 
Rutland dog warden 01572 72 25 77 
Harborough dog warden  0185

2 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Thanks. 

The annoying this is he has to walk past a dog bin to get off the field. Not very nice when children play on the field.

People like that make me sick and give dog owners a bad name ...  the wardens are quite hot on it and will help I'm sure.

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

People like that make me sick and give dog owners a bad name ...  the wardens are quite hot on it and will help I'm sure.

Cheers CF. 

Spoke to the Blaby dog warden number you gave me and they said they could do with finding out his address to go & speak to him. 

• Like 1