Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Does anyone use investment/savings apps like Nutmeg or Moneywise?

Seems quite a cool way to save/invest and I like the idea of 'rounding up' purchases to the nearest £1 and that money also goes into the account.

I think they have something equivalent called Acorns or RobinHood in the US so wondered if anyone had any recommendations?

8 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Guilty ...    :blush:.         But he bumped into me and made me spill some beer ...   I mean ..  c'mon ...  what would you do !?

ASK then kindly,if they will buy you a fresh one..

If not,then smack ' EM!!

But nicely

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

How do Panini justify charging £4.50 for 6 packs of their World Cup stickers? Do they have to pay image rights? Because I don't see otherwise why a 2½×1½ inch bit of paper should cost so much.

Not sure if these individuals are somewhat bored, daft or trying to make a point with their project..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-43891168

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Who are better bt or virgin for tv n internet deals? Just switched to virgin and it seems a bargain but want to make sure I'm not getting mugged off

I pay £50 for my Virgin TV deal. Entertainment and Sports mix. Main things I am able to watch and what I use it for most is Sky Sports (all channels, not HD) and BT Sports (all channels in HD). Also get quite a lot of music channels and normal entertainment channels (Comedy Central, Dave, Gold, Sky One and Sky Two and many more).

Only pay £17.50 to BT for my broadband/line rental. On their Saver deal so if you pay it all in one go up front for the duration of the contract you get quite a bit of discount.

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I pay £50 for my Virgin TV deal. Entertainment and Sports mix. Main things I am able to watch and what I use it for most is Sky Sports (all channels, not HD) and BT Sports (all channels in HD). Also get quite a lot of music channels and normal entertainment channels (Comedy Central, Dave, Gold, Sky One and Sky Two and many more).

Only pay £17.50 to BT for my broadband/line rental. On their Saver deal so if you pay it all in one go up front for the duration of the contract you get quite a bit of discount.

Sounds ok I currently pay £60 for bt with hd and bt sports and 52mb fibre not tv record thing. Have agreed to go to virgin which is 100mb fibre bt hd and option to record etc for £49

33 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Sounds ok I currently pay £60 for bt with hd and bt sports and 52mb fibre not tv record thing. Have agreed to go to virgin which is 100mb fibre bt hd and option to record etc for £49

I'd be lost without option to record. I'm on 94% capacity so need to start watching some stuff I've saved lol. With Virgin's Tivo Box I can record 500 hours I think.

Sadly can't get their V6 box cos I'm not on their broadband.

13 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to take a ‘gap year’ between third and fourth year of Uni? I’m currently doing an internship as part of my placement year but I really want to do another year..

Anything is possible.  Do you have an offer to stay another year?  How will it benefit you?  Talk to your course leader and explain what you want to do and why.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to take a ‘gap year’ between third and fourth year of Uni? I’m currently doing an internship as part of my placement year but I really want to do another year..

Doesn't it say anything on shuspace?

58 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Anything is possible.  Do you have an offer to stay another year?  How will it benefit you?  Talk to your course leader and explain what you want to do and why.

They would offer me a permanent contract yeah. I currently have the most responsibility at work in my team and they really like me, and taking on more is such a great opportunity. To be honest, I hate my course and find it boring and I don’t feel I get much out of it apart from my internship.

I got an iPhone 5s on Thursday and within 2 hours a protein shake bottle of water leaked on my bag and it has not turned on since. There wasn't THAT much water that came into contact with the phone, but it would not turn on as soon as I discovered this. Obviously I have been an idiot here, but the gauge for water damage in the SIM slot has not turned red. Is it worth trying to send it back and ask whether I was given a faulty phone? Or do I have no chance?

6 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

I got an iPhone 5s on Thursday and within 2 hours a protein shake bottle of water leaked on my bag and it has not turned on since. There wasn't THAT much water that came into contact with the phone, but it would not turn on as soon as I discovered this. Obviously I have been an idiot here, but the gauge for water damage in the SIM slot has not turned red. Is it worth trying to send it back and ask whether I was given a faulty phone? Or do I have no chance?

You could always take out ‘Geek Squad’ insurance, leave it a week, then take it in. 

On 26/04/2018 at 23:42, DanNDH88 said:

They would offer me a permanent contract yeah. I currently have the most responsibility at work in my team and they really like me, and taking on more is such a great opportunity. To be honest, I hate my course and find it boring and I don’t feel I get much out of it apart from my internship.

Can you switch to part time study? 

On 26/04/2018 at 20:46, Unabomber said:

Who are better bt or virgin for tv n internet deals? Just switched to virgin and it seems a bargain but want to make sure I'm not getting mugged off

Don't go near bt with a barge pole if you can avoid it. Their digital TV isn't digital TV its basically just Internet streaming so if your Internet goes down you lose your TV too. 

Presumably also means it's taking Internet bandwidth. Appalling idea. 

Plus virgin have about twice the fibre speeds. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Don't go near bt with a barge pole if you can avoid it. Their digital TV isn't digital TV its basically just Internet streaming so if your Internet goes down you lose your TV too. 

Presumably also means it's taking Internet bandwidth. Appalling idea. 

Plus virgin have about twice the fibre speeds. 

Cool well I’ve switched from bt to virgin. Better price deal etc 

9 hours ago, Rogstanley said:

Can you switch to part time study? 

I don’t think so. My tutor was fine, she said obviously consider the difficulties but I can take a year out and just go back like nothing happened. My boss said he’d be happy to keep me and will come back to me with a contract offer. 

I am getting the house completely refloored so carpet to lounge bedroom stairs then amtico to kitchen hall bathrooms etc. They are doing the kitchen tomorrow so need to put the fridge freezer in the lounge. Will it be ok just to unplug then plug back in the lounge and then move back to kitchen when floor is down?