Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

5 hours ago, davieG said:

Just to clarify, yes I do post other stuff but I've been on here so long that I don't want to feel like I'm repeating myself so keep my comnents/thoughts to anything new I've got to say .

As for all the other stuff I've always thought that as an Admin I have a duty to try to keep the forum active so look to find stuff people may be interested in that might generate some posts considering I have the time to do so.

Am quite surprised that you have the patience to access the Leicester Mercury website and click on a news article - considering the length of time it takes to view a story on it, due to the amount of advertisements slowing the website down..

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Am quite surprised that you have the patience to access the Leicester Mercury website and click on a news article - considering the length of time it takes to view a story on it, due to the amount of advertisements slowing the website down..

Doesn’t seem so bad now as it was.

9 hours ago, davieG said:

Just to clarify, yes I do post other stuff but I've been on here so long that I don't want to feel like I'm repeating myself so keep my comnents/thoughts to anything new I've got to say .

As for all the other stuff I've always thought that as an Admin I have a duty to try to keep the forum active so look to find stuff people may be interested in that might generate some posts considering I have the time to do so.

I've always recognized the effort you put in to keep this forum alive. Thanks Davie

Edited by Smudge

On 04/10/2018 at 12:01, lcfcsnow said:

£200 

It's only a small company so doesn't look like it, I'm going to have to pay customs again to get it back too. :dry:

Just put for repair and return and no customs fee are applicable 

I have just sent an expensive watch case to Canada to be refurbished and this is exactly what I put on the customs declaration and no charge was incurred…. Ask the seller to do the same when they return it 

Edited by Wolfox

15 hours ago, davieG said:

A very sophisticated algorithm created this post…. Very impressive 

17 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

:D

I think @davieG provides a valuable service for those who don’t live in Leicester any more. 

He’s like FTs very own local news reporter who keeps us all updated on local news and issues as they break.

“Mr Leicester” on here :thumbup:

as much as I love @davieG and all he does for the site, people outside Leicester can get news about the city anyway lol 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Walkers said:

Interviews for applying for a passport........... is this guaranteed? I thought it was (for everybody) but anyone I ask gives me different answers

Only for new applications, I think. I didn’t require one for a renewal. 

27 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

got a fu cking sore upper back, hurts when i breathe, feels a bit like trapped wind or something but like around the shoulder blades/underneath the armpits. anyone know if i’m going to die? 

Hopefully you don’t die on us Scouse but if I were you I’d call the NHS on 111 and talk to them about your symptoms and see what they say...

10 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Hopefully you don’t die on us Scouse but if I were you I’d call the NHS on 111 and talk to them about your symptoms and see what they say...

i googled to see what it was and turns out i’m already dead, real shame 

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

got a fu cking sore upper back, hurts when i breathe, feels a bit like trapped wind or something but like around the shoulder blades/underneath the armpits. anyone know if i’m going to die? 

Definitely.

It's just a question of when.

I've just received an email from the DVLA saying I'm due a refund of overpaid vehicle tax.  I just need to fill in certain details, including my bank account detail, and I'll get a refund.  How about that for good news eh? 

By the way, I didn't realise the DVLA had an office in Brazil (the reply email address was '.br').  How much do you think I'll receive? 

1 hour ago, Vince Vega said:

I've just received an email from the DVLA saying I'm due a refund of overpaid vehicle tax.  I just need to fill in certain details, including my bank account detail, and I'll get a refund.  How about that for good news eh? 

By the way, I didn't realise the DVLA had an office in Brazil (the reply email address was '.br').  How much do you think I'll receive? 

That’s good to here. 

I also received an E-Mail two days ago with a bit of good news. I am due a £528.29 refund for my tv licence all I have to do is give my debit card details and they will refund me.

E570B4F0-EA7D-4CA7-862B-D5425370509D.png

6 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

That’s good to here. 

I also received an E-Mail two days ago with a bit of good news. I am due a £528.29 refund for my tv licence all I have to do is give my debit card details and they will refund me.

E570B4F0-EA7D-4CA7-862B-D5425370509D.png

Lucky you!  

It is worrying though, seeing this type of scam and knowing that people do fall for it - especially those more vulnerable.