Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Kasabian

The previous albums did have more bass and better melodies to them, the current singing (read: screaming) parts are often cringeworthy and something of that original Kasabian spirit seems to have evaporated.

All in all, I think Kasabian used to be a lot catchier.

EDIT: Having said that, the majority of the 11 new tracks are good to very good. Seems like they released the three to four worst ones early. Switchblade Smile, Days Are Forgotten and Velociraptor are... ugh.

Edited by MC Prussian

The previous albums did have more bass and better melodies to them, the current singing (read: screaming) parts are often cringeworthy and something of that original Kasabian spirit seems to have evaporated.

All in all, I think Kasabian used to be a lot catchier.

EDIT: Having said that, the majority of the 11 new tracks are good to very good. Seems like they released the three to four worst ones early. Switchblade Smile, Days Are Forgotten and Velociraptor are... ugh.

Listened to it a few times now and think it's allright. I'd give it 7.5/10. Some really good tracks, one awful track and a few boring ones.

Let's Roll Just Like We Used To - Good

Days Are Forgotten - Great

Goodbye Kiss - Awful

La Fee Verte - Good

Velociraptor! - Allright

Acid Turkish Bath (Shelter From The Storm) - Immense

I Hear Voices - Great

Re-Wired - Great

Man Of SImple Pleasures - Allright

Switchblade Smiles - Great

Neon Noon - Allright

Listened to it a few times now and think it's allright. I'd give it 7.5/10. Some really good tracks, one awful track and a few boring ones.

Let's Roll Just Like We Used To - Good

Days Are Forgotten - Great

Goodbye Kiss - Awful

La Fee Verte - Good

Velociraptor! - Allright

Acid Turkish Bath (Shelter From The Storm) - Immense

I Hear Voices - Great

Re-Wired - Great

Man Of SImple Pleasures - Allright

Switchblade Smiles - Great

Neon Noon - Allright

lol Goodbye Kiss is my favourite song on the album at the minute.

After hearing Velociraptor I didn't know what to expect, but actually I think its a quality album after a few listens. Its definitely grown on me.

Special mentions for La Fee Verte & Acid Turkish Bath, really not keen on I Hear Voices though.

Is the "screaming" on every song on the album?

If it is I'm not sure I can listen to it because it's like nails on a chalk board for me.

Nah mate, I'd actually say the three tracks I'd heard previously are the weakest on the album!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Sw1i-YPBE&feature=related

It's all on YouTube if you fancy a listen.

Goodbye Kiss is an actual class above. Love Days are Forgotten. Was never going to beat West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum but it put up one hell of a fight.

Anyone know why they aren't playing in Leicester at all during their tour?

Leicester doesn't have an "arena", does it?

• 2 weeks later...
KASABIAN are desperate to rock their hometown by playing a concert at their beloved Leicester City’s ground.

The lads are huge fans of the Championship side and would love to do a gig there.

But the rockers, whose new album Velociraptor! is at No 1, are struggling because the 32,000-capacity ground isn’t strong enough to host concerts.

Singer Tom Meighan, 30, told me: “When the stadium was built it wasn’t designed to be sturdy enough to have rock shows there.

“We keep asking the council if it can be strengthened. It would be incredible to have a homecoming at City’s ground as the biggest venue in Leicester only holds 2,000 people, which is frustrating.”

The chart-toppers are keen to help the club in another way by designing them a new strip.

Guitarist Sergio Pizzorno, 30, told me: “Me and Tom have got ideas for a kit. The club should get us in.

“City had great players in the 70s like Frank Worthington, and the best ever kit to match. We’ve got to go for more of a kit like those glory days.”

Kasabian might not be able to play at Leicester but they are eyeing up their first stadium tour for next year.

Tom hinted: “I can’t say anything about a it, but time will tell.”

Sergio added: “It would really be something if we could play Wembley Stadium. To be big enough to headline there? Magnificent. Who knows what’ll happen next year.”

Summer plans won’t include headlining Glastonbury, with the festival having a year off in 2012.

A gutted Tom said: “It would have been brilliant to play Glastonbury but all we need is a phone call from Michael Eavis and we’ll be there for 2013.”

Sergio agreed: “One thing I really want to do before all this ends is to headline Glastonbury as we’ve always had an incredible time playing there. Hopefully it’ll happen.

“The one thing you need to pull off a good Glastonbury headline show is f***ing good tunes and we’ve got enough of them to do that.”

C'mon Top! Get it sorted!

any band with more than 1 album must have a "worst". This is that album. the first 3 are in my top 20 of all time, this ones like a audition for the next bond soundtrack! gutted!!!

I disagree, for me empire was the worst of the lot so far.

WRPLA > Kasabian > Velociraptor! > Empire.