Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Kasabian

On 22/03/2017 at 20:49, SystonFox said:

Yeah dunno they just seem massively overrated and hyped up to me. Just my opinion I understand plenty of people do like them.

i think it stemmed from him slagging off foo fighters one time. No matter your opinion on the foos music do not disrespect Dave Grohl

I agree. I really don't get the hype. The amount of people who care more for them because they play up to "les-tah" or whatever it is they do is quite laughable. They're painfully average at best.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adster said:

I agree. I really don't get the hype. The amount of people who care more for them because they play up to "les-tah" or whatever it is they do is quite laughable. They're painfully average at best.

I was talking about 1975 and catfish being over rated.

kasabian are the greatest band on earth for crying out loud!

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't like You're In Love With a Psycho, nor am I huge fan of Comeback Kid, so I've been very skeptical about this new album from what I had heard.

This new song however, this may be my favourite song of theirs. A really good mixture of the best of their early work and their previous album. It's a got a bloody brilliant vibe to it, I've had it on repeat all day.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never really understood the hype around Kasabian, Yeah, half the band are Leicester fans, but so what? So is Englebert Humperdinck, but i bet most of you cant mention more than a couple of his songs. Kasabian are, in theory, my kind of music, but i just don't get it. As far as i'm concerned, they have 1 great song - Club Foot. And i like Fire, just for its links to Leicester City. But beyond that, as others have said, they're average at best.

Each to their own i guess, and life would be boring if we all liked the same music...

2 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

I've never really understood the hype around Kasabian, Yeah, half the band are Leicester fans, but so what? So is Englebert Humperdinck, but i bet most of you cant mention more than a couple of his songs. Kasabian are, in theory, my kind of music, but i just don't get it. As far as i'm concerned, they have 1 great song - Club Foot. And i like Fire, just for its links to Leicester City. But beyond that, as others have said, they're average at best.

Each to their own i guess, and life would be boring if we all liked the same music...

I also wonder how many fans of there's are fans because of the Leicester link. 

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

I've enjoyed a fair bit their stuff because you get a mix of styles, one minute your listening to heavy guitar the next minute sweeping synths and base. A lot of songs have a catchy hook at well, like the beginning to underdog.

The latest album is totally bland though for me after the fist listen. I enjoyed the first album and West Ryder, but the rest I've really struggled to take more than a couple of songs from the album that I'd remember and enjoy if they popped up on the radio.

They seem to use albums as a vehicle to tour now, that's where the money is and not in the selling of the songs. So all they probably aim for is two songs that they can carry on into their next tour to pad out the song book.

Still love them as a live band though, some of the best gigs I've been to.

Middle of the road so far, some songs catch you straight away others not so much, think it's a grower though and soon i'll love it all.

Love the live bit though, what a gig!

Nice touch to include Claudio at the start before Underdog aswell. 'Kazbian' :giggle:

Edited by Matt

Really enjoying the live CD, bringing back a lot of great memories. Say what you like about the band but they are fantastic live. I also don't buy into this I like them because they're from Leicester, I also loved the Stone Roses and they're Man U fans FFS!!! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

I've enjoyed a fair bit their stuff because you get a mix of styles, one minute your listening to heavy guitar the next minute sweeping synths and base. A lot of songs have a catchy hook at well, like the beginning to underdog.

The latest album is totally bland though for me after the fist listen. I enjoyed the first album and West Ryder, but the rest I've really struggled to take more than a couple of songs from the album that I'd remember and enjoy if they popped up on the radio.

They seem to use albums as a vehicle to tour now, that's where the money is and not in the selling of the songs. So all they probably aim for is two songs that they can carry on into their next tour to pad out the song book.

Still love them as a live band though, some of the best gigs I've been to.

Because the labels are rigged that a band can go multi-platinum and not make a penny: https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100712/23482610186.shtmlhttps://www.techdirt.com/articles/20080820/0204472040.shtml

You want to make any money in music? Tour, tour heavily and peddle as much merch there as you can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The album is what it is really, lots of filler with a few decent moments. Bless This Acid House and Are You Looking For Action are great. 

Wince whenever they try anything that remotely resembles a ballad, mind. Put Your Life On It is crap.

Ha. Weird how everyone's taste it so different. 

I think the album is dreadful at the minute and Bless this acid house probably the worst track on the album Put your life on it one of the best. 

Not keen on the new album, but driving up to the match on Saturday re-living the gig from last year at full volume was excellent. Their live performances are what makes them as a band.

Only shame for me is that they don't have the live performance of Treat on there. I'm sure they played that at the Sunday show.

9 hours ago, Basingstoke Fox said:

Not keen on the new album, but driving up to the match on Saturday re-living the gig from last year at full volume was excellent. Their live performances are what makes them as a band.

Only shame for me is that they don't have the live performance of Treat on there. I'm sure they played that at the Sunday show.

Yeah pretty sure they did.

The recording was from the Saturday night as I don't remember Happy Birthday for Mama Meighan on the Sunday :crylaugh:

But according to setlist.fm they played Treat on the Saturday aswell anyway.

No Switchblade Smiles either on the recording! Very underrated song that love it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...