Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

L.A. Noire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LfZq_OdU80

Looks and plays like a movie made of all 1940ies and 1950ies Hollywood film noir movies, including real-life homicide cases from that era.
And the characters' facial expressions are outstanding - Rockstar used a new device that utilizes 30+ cameras to scan an actor's face.

Only two more months until it is released.

Mamma mia - I'll be expecting long, sleepless nights.

Here's a first, more in-depth preview.

I am wanking down the days till this beaut comes out!

Looks amazing and it's bound to be if it's Rockstar, lets face it they deliver top games

• 1 month later...

Coming out for PS3 and Xbox 360 on 20th May (EU).

Made by R* who are great developers, famous for GTA and Red Dead Redemption.

LA Noire is a definate buy for me. Looks similar to Heavy Rain but a bit more down and dirty GTA style. Story and characters looking brilliant so far.

Is this the game with the new facial recognition technology? I think I saw a trailer and the voice acting on the cutscenes looks something else compared to some games out there.

^^ Turns out it is....latest trailer....

Is this the game with the new facial recognition technology? I think I saw a trailer and the voice acting on the cutscenes looks something else compared to some games out there.

^^ Turns out it is....latest trailer....

That's right. The facial expressions and speech look the best seen in gaming so far.

If the characters are believable then thid could be GOTY.

• 3 weeks later...

There's too many things I want to play! Being a pedagogue I just don't have the time. Should never have got my xbox flashed, there so many distractions sitting here on my desk.

I will play through this though.

The first disc was only about 4 and a half hours worth of gameplay though. Thought it was a bit strange considering the main story is supposed to be 25-30 hours long. Even if that figure is the main story along with optional missions (so far it's just been street crimes that you can respond to if you're driving around) there still hasn't been enough potential side missions to equate to 10+ hours over the 3 discs. Maybe the 2nd and 3rd discs have more playing time than the 1st.

I got this today, only played for a couple of hours but so far I love it. You can really see the new facial recognition software in action, makes it so much more realistic, gonna be hooked on this for a while.

How many discs is it? Ive been told its 3!!

Yeah its 3 disc's for Xbox but frankly I don't see what the big deal is? Its not like its hard to get up out of your chair and switch discs over yet everyone seems to be acting like its the worst thing ever, fact is you only have too change to the next disc once you complete the one before so its a grand total of 2 disc changes. Personally I'd much rather have a longer, more indepth game taking up several discs rather than having a much shorter game compressed down just so lazy people don't have to get off there arse and change a disc or 2. :thumbup:

Archived