Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

L.A. Noire

Yeah its 3 disc's for Xbox but frankly I don't see what the big deal is? Its not like its hard to get up out of your chair and switch discs over yet everyone seems to be acting like its the worst thing ever, fact is you only have too change to the next disc once you complete the one before so its a grand total of 2 disc changes. Personally I'd much rather have a longer, more indepth game taking up several discs rather than having a much shorter game compressed down just so lazy people don't have to get off there arse and change a disc or 2. :thumbup:

Well its not a big deal, i just wanted to get a rough idea of the length of the game.....which evidently is long!!

Cheers for the info.

Well its not a big deal, i just wanted to get a rough idea of the length of the game.....which evidently is long!!

Cheers for the info.

I don't think the game itself is any longer than a one disc game say GTA IV (still a long game obviously). I think the reason it's so big size-wise is because of the amount of voice acting and the facial expressions.

Cheers for the info.

Wasn't directed at you sir :)

http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/20126677-what-to-do-if-you-are-crashing-or-freezing-in-l-a-noire

Reports are going round saying this game is causing consoles the overheat aand freeze, Rockstar have already started on trying to fix the issue.

Has anybody who has got it had any problems?

Haven't had a problem so far and I'm onto the 2nd disc.

I'm in two minds with this one.

Is this game too easy and repetitive? I get the feeling it's another over-hyped Red Dead type effort.

DS3 is out June 21 and is looking pretty tasty. I might just wait for that.

From what I've seen and heard, it's not an entirely free-roaming type, at least not in the beginning.

The graphics engine is similar to other Rockstar titles, but that's about it.

You're moving on from case to case, from desk to desk as you get promoted through the ranks.

Some of the cases are repetitive insofar as you're chasing after several murder suspects (and some of the cases seem to be connected).

But Rockstar have tried to make the missions as entertaining as possible.

The appeal is mostly that you're able to immerse yourself the 1940s in L.A.. The atmosphere, the city.

Shame I'll have to hold out another couple of days before I get my copy whilst the boys and girls in the U.S. and Canada dish out walkthroughs like crazy already.

From what I've seen and heard, it's not an entirely free-roaming type, at least not in the beginning.

The graphics engine is similar to other Rockstar titles, but that's about it.

You're moving on from case to case, from desk to desk as you get promoted through the ranks.

Some of the cases are repetitive insofar as you're chasing after several murder suspects (and some of the cases seem to be connected).

But Rockstar have tried to make the missions as entertaining as possible.

The appeal is mostly that you're able to immerse yourself the 1940s in L.A.. The atmosphere, the city.

Shame I'll have to hold out another couple of days before I get my copy whilst the boys and girls in the U.S. and Canada dish out walkthroughs like crazy already.

Yeah it's not as free roaming as GTA, the city is more of a backdrop as you go from location to location. Not sure if anyone's played Mafia II but it's a bit like that. The driving mechanics aren't great but it doesn't really matter because it's not a huge part of the game.

I won't decide whether it's good or great until I've finished it but so far it's not getting boring and I think I'm about 7 or 8 hours in (I've had it since last weekend before someone calls me a sad bastard). lol

I think its good, better than a expected. It is kinda free roam just dont pay attention to the case and do what you want. Only done a couple of cases but so far its alot better than i thought it would be.

It's as free roam as you want it to be.

E.g At a crime scene you could find a gun and have to visit a gun shop, or visit someone who was seen at a crime by an eyewitness. The waypoints are put on your map but you can go there whenever. You can drive around and get collectibles or fight street crime etc. But I prefer the story missions anyway so am generally going straight to the missions. Free roam is for later.

I'm in two minds with this one.

Is this game too easy and repetitive? I get the feeling it's another over-hyped Red Dead type effort.

DS3 is out June 21 and is looking pretty tasty. I might just wait for that.

Me too! It looks good, I hope it's as good as the first two and online will be good

Me too! It looks good, I hope it's as good as the first two and online will be good

Indeed. Tbh, the second half of this year is packed full of superb titles. Where to start?

DS3, AC:Revelations, Dark Souls, Elder Scrolls V, Gears 3, Deus Ex 3, Arkham City, ... not forgetting the CoD clones :ph34r: . Good job ME3 has been put back to next year. No time to get through them all!

Indeed. Tbh, the second half of this year is packed full of superb titles. Where to start?

DS3, AC:Revelations, Dark Souls, Elder Scrolls V, Gears 3, Deus Ex 3, Arkham City, ... not forgetting the CoD clones :ph34r: . Good job ME3 has been put back to next year. No time to get through them all!

Agree with you totally! :)

I really really cant wait for Dark Souls! and all the other games you mentioned to be honest!

Also Final Fantasy 13-2 should be out end of the year also, it's going to be crazy. But why oh why do they have to release all the mega awesome games within a period of one to two months. I could barely keep up this year!

Love it so far, not sure if the game itself is that good or if im being blinkered by how good the faces are, so many familiar faces and not seen the bloke out of Fringe yet.

Doubt I'll wait for all the marketplace content though one isn't out till the middle of June

Have got some serious hours out of this this weekend, quite depressingly already on disc 3 lol . Unfortunatly time is looking a bit thin over the next two weeks!

Top game, nice bloke in game gave me a free download for it as well despite the fact I hadn't pre ordered.

I like it quite a lot. The atmosphere is stunning.

Although I did expect a bit more freedom and choices as to where to go and what to do. I'd have loved to see more interactions with the immediate environment, the ability to earn money and purchase items.

Also, they could've involved Phelps' family (read: wife) more in the stories, how he struggles with his personal life aso. He comes across as overly perfect and too keen on pleasing his own ambitions.

A bigger issue is the driving - these cars are almost as bad to control as the protagonist in "Saboteur".

Also,I do get a little too much lag in the game - the engine seems to have its problems with displaying too many objects at the same time, in particular cars.

Same goes for certain missions, such as the bank heist side mission on Disc 2.

On a sidenote, does anybody know whether there are already codes out for the "Naked City" DLC? Or is it supposed to be available on the Marketplace soon?

I also noticed that in some cutscenes, there is no audible dialogue. I suppose it's a minor bug, but it feels a bit weird.

I just found the 7th of 13 newspapers "Mickey Cohen - Heir Apparent to Buggsy Siegel?" in the Ramez Warehouse. Courtney Sheldon, the young chap with the green jacket that is meeting with Cohen had lines (subtitles), but didn't open his mouth or could be heard at all in the beginning.

Plus, there's supposed to be another guy walking away towards the end of the cutscene, but all you see is his hat - as if he was translucent, an invisible man.

Funny how you can spot some familiar faces:

Apart from Aaron Staton, who's playing the lead, there's also at least two other fellow Mad Men:

Rich Sommer (Harry Crane; plays Travel Agency clerk John Cunningham in "The Gas Man")

Vincent Kartheiser (Pete Campbell; plays Walter Clemens in "The Gas Man")

Patrick Fischler (the comedian Jimmy Barrett; plays Meyer "Mickey" Cohen)

Greg Grunberg ("Heroes") does Hugo Moeller in "The Golden Butterfly"

Oh, and John Noble who plays Leland Monroe? Denethor from Lord of the Rings.

Funny how you can spot some familiar faces:

Apart from Aaron Staton, who's playing the lead, there's also at least two other fellow Mad Men:

Rich Sommer (Harry Crane; plays Travel Agency clerk John Cunningham in "The Gas Man")

Vincent Kartheiser (Pete Campbell; plays Walter Clemens in "The Gas Man")

Greg Grunberg ("Heroes") does Hugo Moeller in "The Golden Butterfly"

Oh, and John Noble who plays Leland Monroe? Denethor from Lord of the Rings.

Recognised him straight away, just couldn't remember where I'd seen him.

http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/20126677-what-to-do-if-you-are-crashing-or-freezing-in-l-a-noire

Reports are going round saying this game is causing consoles the overheat aand freeze, Rockstar have already started on trying to fix the issue.

Has anybody who has got it had any problems?

My game froze only once so far - during the very last cutscene at the end. Out of all the places!! lol

Archived