Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

L.A. Noire

Im just starting disc 3. It is a good game buy way too easy and never gives you a free enough rein to investigate as you may want. the storylines seem to be on rails so to speak.

i'd give it a solid 8/10 but its not worth more in my opinion.

I agree. It's groundbreaking in its use of motion scanning, but the game itself is a bit, well... I wouldn't call it a letdown, but it's... dull.

And this is mainly down to the repetitiveness of the gameplay.

It usually follows the same procedure all the time:

a) Get the case

b) Get to the crime scene

c) Collect evidence

d) Ask suspects or catch a few whilst chasing after them

e) Collect some of them to the Police HQ

f) Ask them some more

g) END

There are exceptions to the rule, but these are few and far in between (not going to spoil it any more).

I'd loved to play through more cases where you need to use the car or more complex heist cases.

Too many cases with dead women in the Homicide department, too.

I agree. It's groundbreaking in its use of motion scanning, but the game itself is a bit, well... I wouldn't call it a letdown, but it's... dull.

And this is mainly down to the repetitiveness of the gameplay.

It usually follows the same procedure all the time:

a) Get the case

b) Get to the crime scene

c) Collect evidence

d) Ask suspects or catch a few whilst chasing after them

e) Collect some of them to the Police HQ

f) Ask them some more

g) END

There are exceptions to the rule, but these are few and far in between (not going to spoil it any more).

I'd loved to play through more cases where you need to use the car or more complex heist cases.

Too many cases with dead women in the Homicide department, too.

Now you see I disagree with this, although it is a very popular opinion. I think there is just enough variation in the cases to keep it interesting until the games conclusion and the game itself is completley is a completley fresh and orginal idea, if not without it's flaws. The Story is excellent and well acted, I agree with the Homicide cases to a degree however the whole desk leads up to one of the games best cases and it is quite good how you start to think SPOILER* you might be locking the wrong people up half way through the desk.

Certainly has more variety than COD, shoot people over and over again.

A Slip Of The Tongue & The Naked City DLC are now available via in-game Marketplace.

And you can get the Sharpshooter suit as well as the Badge Missions, too.

Maybe they should make it so that everyone who bought it can play it, before adding DLC (not that I bought it mind you :giggle: )

Maybe they should make it so that everyone who bought it can play it, before adding DLC (not that I bought it mind you :giggle: )

I'm a bit confused here - yours not working? Or are you disappointed they didn't serve you a "complete" game from the start?

Well, I do think they should offer a game that brings all the puzzle pieces together in the initial version - the storyline in L.A. Noire has a couple of holes in between.

Phelps' development from start to finish seems a bit... unfinished.

So I expect Rockstar Games/Team Bondi to be gracious enough to come up with even more DLC.

For instance, another Vice case, Reefer Madness, is rumoured to come out in about four weeks time.

The more I play it the more underwhelmed I get. I've just finished the Gas Man arson case and the whole thing is so repetitive. Its is really polished and the presentation is exceptional. I just think that with a little more variety they would have had a classic. I've no urge to complete the game, yet, I know I will just to say I have.

Repetitive and way to easy, repetitive, easy, repetitive easy......

I'm a bit confused here - yours not working? Or are you disappointed they didn't serve you a "complete" game from the start?

Well, I do think they should offer a game that brings all the puzzle pieces together in the initial version - the storyline in L.A. Noire has a couple of holes in between.

Phelps' development from start to finish seems a bit... unfinished.

So I expect Rockstar Games/Team Bondi to be gracious enough to come up with even more DLC.

For instance, another Vice case, Reefer Madness, is rumoured to come out in about four weeks time.

I'm one of the freezers! I got through disc one and it froze about three times, but there came a point in the second disc where it began to freeze every ten minutes. So I don't play it anymore.

I'm one of the freezers! I got through disc one and it froze about three times, but there came a point in the second disc where it began to freeze every ten minutes. So I don't play it anymore.

Get in touch with Rockstar on their website and have your copy replaced.

You no the new dashboard update you can still play original games right? Mine is chipped also but considering ive had it flashed for 2 years and probably had about atleast 50+ games, its saved me more money than just buying a new one.

Anyway, didnt like this game, gameplay got boring quick, walk around, wait for music to tune into a clue, guess questions, chase sequence, promotion, next.

You no the new dashboard update you can still play original games right? Mine is chipped also but considering ive had it flashed for 2 years and probably had about atleast 50+ games, its saved me more money than just buying a new one.

Anyway, didnt like this game, gameplay got boring quick, walk around, wait for music to tune into a clue, guess questions, chase sequence, promotion, next.

Yeah, I've just purchased and been playing for the last 2.5 hours. Is that all there is to do in this game?

If so it will get boring fast.

Looking back at it, I think one of the bigger mistakes Rockstar have made with this game is the initial repetitiveness in gameplay/cases.

It gets better towards the end, but I wish they'd come up with a bit more variation to mix it up in the middle of the game.

Also, the transitions between the different desks is a bit abrupt. I miss something that connects them as you move up the ranks.

The characters that are introduced throughout the game don't interact as much as they should. I think that's why as a player, you can't really sympathise with any of them, not even Cole Phelps.

Then again, I can only assume Rockstar have made the game bigger/more complex from the start and only released a skeleton with a certain amount of cases.

They'll want to make more money by releasing more and more DLC as time progresses.

A bit of a rip-off. Another reason why I can't appreciate this game the way I should.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just completed this over the weekend and i have to say a very good game.. It does get repetitive at times and that does take a little shine away but once you get into it more you really start to immerse yourself into the game

The Black Dahila cases really had me gripped and the Arson cases which reels into the ending of the game were fantastic.. I really liked the ending aswell,

Cole was abit of a tortured soul in ways and he wanted to redeem himself for his failures which resulted in him dying which i didn't see coming! I thought that Kelso bloke was gonna croak it

• 2 months later...

Just got this as it was £24 in Tescos (£25 in Asda).

I assume the booklet being in Russian (or something) is just part of the packaging and I've not got a dodgy import?

Is German or Polish Russian enough for you?whistle.gif

On a more serious note, what language are the in-game menues in?

Actually, I'm thinking it was Greek now (too many non-latin letters, think the Russian language only has a few different letters) I think I thought it was Russian cos I was trying to find a logical explaination and I was thinking it was some kind of Rockstar statement against the extreme McCarthyism and Commie witch-hunting common during the time LA Noire is set. (Which is the kind of thing Rockstar might do.)

In any case, took it back to Tesco and changed it for a common or garden English variety!

Archived