Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
zubi

The Documentary Thread

Anyone who enjoys reading stuff like Flat Earth News etc , would probably enjoy this film ,( STARSUCKERS ) and

Nick Davies is in it too

star-suckers.jpg

edit :

ps

most of adam curtis and john pilger's stuff is well worth watching , and also alot of the stuff on the website that ozleicester posted is worth a shot too :thumbup:

Edited by Zingari
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bobby Fischer Against the World.

What's that, the biggest chess game of your entire life? Ok show up when you want, make silly demands and even make your oppnent think he's being poisoned with radiation via his chair.

Bobby Fisher was one seriously strange idividual, he went from chess supremo to anti semite (even though he himself was brought up as a jew) in the space of 20 years. He went from a regular US citizen to an outlaw on a global level, pissing off most people in his wake. This documentary takes us through his [quite frankly ****ed up] life.

Assault in the Ring

Luis Resto, journyman in the sport of boxing in the early 80s, gains a unanimous decision in the fight against one of the brightest up and coming boxers in the sport - Billy Collins. Why is this worthy of a 90 minute documentary? Well it was all shrowded in controversy when Billy Collins' father shook hands with Resto after the fight only to notice the padding in his gloves had been virtually all removed.

This led to Resto and his cornermen serving time and losing their licenses in the sport of boxing right up to this day, this is despite them claiming they had no idea what went on in the dressing room that fateful night.

The documentary takes us through Resto's career, starting at the night of the fight, with Luis himself giving us insight to what he claims happened, eventually leading to a truely shocking conclusion.

Edited by Ozwin

Wonders of the Solar System (and universe) with Brian Cox was great. Not seen them all but caught a fair few. The way he demonstrates and explains things on the programme is amazing. You can tell he truly enjoys what he's talking about aswell. Helps that I have a huge fascination with anything involving space aha

Edited by samlcfc
  • Like 1

American Movie

Crumb

Hoop Dreams

Hearts Of Darkness

Best Worst Movie

Grizzly Man (plus any other Herzog)

Dear Zachary

Paradise Lost: The Child Murders At Robin Hood Hills

Anvil! The Story Of Anvil

Gimme Shelter

Beyond The Mat

Bowling For Columbine

Hated

Anyone watch that A J Weberman one re his obsession with Dylan and garbology?

I recorded it a bit back. Good watch in places, largely self-serving though.

Man, I love Dylan.

I passed through Duluth, Minnesota a couple of years ago. You'd love it there. It's home to Bob Dylan Way, and they now have an annual Dylan festival. Think his old house is still standing as well.

Favourite docos? Fog of War, Bowling for Columbine, Man on Wire would all be up there.

Forgot to mention "The Impossible Job". The doco about Graham Taylor and the England team. Remember thinking that was a cracker at the time

Do I not like that

Edited by OzFox

I'd plump for 'The Importance of Being Morrissey' and 'The Wonderful and Frightening World of Mark E Smith'. I'm biased because I'm a fan of both, but I reckon these would be at least vaguely interesting to anyone that enjoys biography type docs.

Let's also not forget Channel 5's sublimely educational and in no way piss taking 'Strange Love' series, including 'Guys and Dolls' and the frankly baffling 'My Car is My Lover'

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

• 1 month later...

Anyone who enjoys reading stuff like Flat Earth News etc , would probably enjoy this film ,( STARSUCKERS ) and

Nick Davies is in it too

star-suckers.jpg

edit :

ps

most of adam curtis and john pilger's stuff is well worth watching , and also alot of the stuff on the website that ozleicester posted is worth a shot too :thumbup:

Just watched this, very interesting.

Some of it worrying and quite shocking too.

The Wife likes the "World at War" series on the History Chanel (which we havent got as no Sky) and there a quite a few good programmes on the "Yesterday" Chanel

Just bought the remastered DVD. I remember watching it when I was a kid...brilliant