Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Maybe the Sunderland support is the problem that they are talking about.

Decent facilities.

Numerous managers and players over the years.

Nothing has ever been good enough and two games in, a lot of their support walks during the first game of the season with booing aimed at the players.

The commentator on Match of the Day said here comes the booing almost like it was an expected norm for Sunderland.

Fair enough, you want the team to inspire the support but maybe their expectations are ridiculous?

Reading their forums preseason they were talking like the other teams like us and Norwich were an easy pass the points, not needing to turn up games for them.

Maybe they should have a long hard look at themselves rather than blaming everything else and the kitchen sink.

• Like 1

For a team that could compete to stay up, the p!ss poor attitude and team spirit, Advocaat looking like he's slowly turning to the lure of retirement they will struggle perennially this season.

And the 'passionate fanbase' is a load of old b0llocks as well, that would suggest making noise to get behind your team when it's bad, like with us, not fvcking booing them two games in and fvcking off 15 minutes before the game ends.

Tweet by Mike McCarthy, aka Foxblogger, links to a radio 4 show which looks at our supposed fan base in the Outer Hebredies.

More interesting is the section which follows immediately afterwards which explores football predictions (i.e. where teams will finish in the Prem).

The group who are least accurate at football prediction? Fans

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0659q1f#playt=00h17m40s

Maybe the Sunderland support is the problem that they are talking about.

Decent facilities.

Numerous managers and players over the years.

Nothing has ever been good enough and two games in, a lot of their support walks during the first game of the season with booing aimed at the players.

The commentator on Match of the Day said here comes the booing almost like it was an expected norm for Sunderland.

Fair enough, you want the team to inspire the support but maybe their expectations are ridiculous?

Reading their forums preseason they were talking like the other teams like us and Norwich were an easy pass the points, not needing to turn up games for them.

Maybe they should have a long hard look at themselves rather than blaming everything else and the kitchen sink.

There's a real feeling amongst Sunderland's support that Ellis Short hasn't been as committed of an owner over the past few seasons as he could be, and perhaps there's something to that.

The likes of Stoke and Palace are moving past them, in the transfer market and otherwise. They may have paid a few transfer fees this summer, but how much of that is due to the transfer window? And did they really bring in any quality, or are they just filling out places from what's seemed like an exodus out of Sunderland the past two years?

Why are you complete cretins posting on another teams forum? If it is you that is doing it you need to get a grip, its the most embarrassing shit i have seen . Sunderland was 2 weeks ago I couldn't give a **** what happens to them. Move on to the next game.

That "Lesta Fan" guy  :mad:  I dont think i could get tired of kicking your **** in.

• Like 4

Why are you complete cretins posting on another teams forum? If it is you that is doing it you need to get a grip, its the most embarrassing shit i have seen . Sunderland was 2 weeks ago I couldn't give a **** what happens to them. Move on to the next game.

That "Lesta Fan" guy :mad: I dont think i could get tired of kicking your **** in.

lol

That "Lesta Fan" guy  :mad:  I dont think i could get tired of kicking your **** in.

Its obviously you. You're just trying to hide it

1428135514083.jpg

Sunderland are pretty much our new Burnley: Similar standing in the country's leagues (at least until this season started), but not really on a competitive par with us and massively bitter about that fact.  I agree there's no need to get involved, just enjoy the angry comments from a distance.

A lot of fans are quick to judge the Sunderland fans but I've sat at enough Leicester games to know we probably wouldn't be reacting too differently to them if we're in a similar position.

I've certainly been to games where Leicester fans have booed the team and left early (although not exactly mass exodus).

I have to say it's a bit immature to go on another teams football forum to make a dig at them. Hardly shines a light on our own support doesn't it?

It's 100% you .. This is your front.

lol

Someone on that Sunderland forum saying not one Leicester player would get in their squad lol

Well you know, for all Mahrez's supposed quality, I'd be more comfortable all things considered with someone like Seb Larsson...

That place has to be taking the piss, we ripped them to shreds eight days ago.

A bit of pragmatism wouldn't go amiss. As the season progresses scouting reports become more detailed and opponents more accustomed to what players will/can do. We've been excellent going forward and slightly suspect on occasion going back, Ranieri even acknowledged our nativity in his post match comments.

I'm delighted with our start but the winter run of fixtures is truly horrific, as the manager said in his interview these 6 points push us closer to the 40 needed (or the 42 Claudio's poor maths demanded) for survival.

away in a manger, no crib for a bed, the little Lord vardy laid down his sweet head.

Sunlun fans awful. Pulled off decent escape last season, first home game this and they bolt with 30 to go. Support your team. We got a few quick replies last season because the fans responded to conceding with support, appreciate that it helps when you have players who give a shit, but can't desert the players so readily.