Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Yeah probably, but all the same he knows a lot about football and he's seen the two games and decided he was playing as a number 10. That was interesting to me as I was thinking of us as playing 2 genuine strikers. Thinking about it now he does seem to be doing almost exactly the Nugent role from our old 4-4-1-1 or whatever you want to call it.

Nah, I don't buy that. We have the confidence now we won't have the same kind of slump. We will have rough periods but not the months of shite we had last year. A lot of the same players but they are better and more experienced now.

Okazaki said himself that he is the playing the deeper role of the two, we're still playing 442 with two genuine strikers, look at our defensive shape which is what defines a formation.

I bet the people writing this stuff hasn't even watched more than the highlights of the last two games on MOTD.

He's be worth £100 million then if they watched him live.

I bet the people writing this stuff hasn't even watched more than the highlights of the last two games on MOTD.

He'd be worth £100 million then if they watched him live.

Glenn Hoddle is delighted for Leicester – even though Lineker has turned into a Cheshire cat

By Harry Harris

GLENN Hoddle has been surprised by how Claudio Ranieri has galvanised Leicester City to such an extent that they lead the Premier League at the start of the new season.

Gary Lineker has been ecsatic presenting BBC’s Match of the Day; twice now ending the show by pointing out that his old club Leicester City are top of the embryonic table.

Tonight is a landmark one for Lineker as he will be making his BT Sport debut presenting the station’s first ever Champions League tie from Old Trafford with our very own Zapsportz.com columnist Glenn Hoddle as part of the new and exciting BT Sport team.

Two impressive wins from their opening two games represents a remarkable start Ranieri who is already looking at home at the King Power Stadium.

Ranieri, with whom I have my own association as he presented me with the Silver Heart, on behalf of the  Variety Club of Great Britain for my ‘Contribution to Sports Journalism” a week or two after he was sacked by Roman Abramovich in favour of Jose Mourinho.

In an exclusive interview with Zapsportz.com and kicca.com at Pazzia restaurant in Sunningdale, Hoddle told me: “The big surprise after two games has to be Leicester.

“With their two magnificent performances and two great results to be joint top of the Premier League.

“I must admit at the start of the season with taking Claudio Ranieri as their manager they might struggle this season purely because he wouldn’t have understood a relegation battle and maybe a British would have been a better choice

“But it looks like I’m being proved wrong with the great start that they’ve had.   Of course, as every Leicester fan knows it’s a very long season in the Premier League, but credit where credit is due.  They’ve been the surprise package so far    Even Gary Lineker must be happy!

“I’m looking forward to meeting up with him and working with him on BT Sports first Champions League game at Old Trafford  tonight.”

Read more at http://zapsportz.com/glenn-hoddle-is-delighted-for-leicester-even-though-lineker-has-turned-into-a-cheshire-cat/#t5fAIz2caEgc4CrE.99

I think it's more to do with his replacement. If we'd gone for a Sean Dyche, Neil Lennon, even Kenny Jackett- a popular, British coach then we've binned a madman in front of the cameras for a well-spoken, up and coming manager.

Ranieri is the Tinkerman, lost to the Faroe Islands with Greece, has been out of the country a fair while and now is an odd fit given his previous clubs and their stature. Actually, all of a sudden, we've let go a good motivator who, against all the odds, kept the team up and replaced him with a past-it duffer.

Ranieri's forgotten more about management than those three will ever know.

Just goes to show how poor the 'english culture' of football is when one of our most technically gifted footballers, also widely respected as an innovative coach, glenn hoddle, believes it is good to have a manager with experience of a 'relegation battle'.

Ranieri doesn't know what a relegation battle is...and therefore we will not be in one.

• Like 1

But our confidence was sky high after the United game taken points off Arsenal, Everton, Stoke away and United on the back of destroying the league, then it all went disastrously wrong.

This is just a word of caution, we had a great start last season and went shit, enjoy it while we can, but don't start believing we are better than we are. Sunderland were shit, West Ham we played well but had some luck. Every game is going to require a monumental effort as we are in a really tough league.

IMO we're a better squad than last year and playing better football. Yes we always need to be up for it but I can't see last seasons mistakes being repeated.

But our confidence was sky high after the United game taken points off Arsenal, Everton, Stoke away and United on the back of destroying the league, then it all went disastrously wrong.

This is just a word of caution, we had a great start last season and went shit, enjoy it while we can, but don't start believing we are better than we are. Sunderland were shit, West Ham we played well but had some luck. Every game is going to require a monumental effort as we are in a really tough league.

Ok maybe confidence is not the right word. More a belief that we can do it at this level. I think we were too good for that run last year as well, honestly. It was a freak. It won't happen again. Not to say we won't have a bad run, or even that we definitely won't get relegated but that kind of run won't happen I guarantee.

Just read a few of the comments on the Facebook post from match of the day about us signing Inler. I'm quite surprised how many football fans speak so highly of us and have a bit of a soft spot for us.

I think real football fans like to see teams like us, palace, Stoke etc doing well.

Some even tipping us to challenge for European places!

Of course the typical leicester fan in me doesn't agree with those sort of comments, have to keep telling myself "it's only 2 games"

I think our real tests will be games like we have on Saturday, big fixtures for us this year. We can't be dropping points in some games like we did last year against the likes of stoke, palace and west brom at home

Just read a few of the comments on the Facebook post from match of the day about us signing Inler. I'm quite surprised how many football fans speak so highly of us and have a bit of a soft spot for us.

I think real football fans like to see teams like us, palace, Stoke etc doing well.

Of course the typical leicester fan in me doesn't agree with those sort of comments, have to keep telling myself "it's only 2 games"

I think our real tests will be games like we have on Saturday, big fixtures for us this year. We can't be dropping points in some games like we did last year against the likes of stoke, palace and west brom at home

Yea it is 2 games in my head i'm not happy till we have 42 points and are safe from relegation anything else is a bonus

Guest seanfox778

Just search 'Inler wtf' on Twitter, some quite funny tweets.

I think it's more to do with his replacement. If we'd gone for a Sean Dyche, Neil Lennon, even Kenny Jackett- a popular, British coach then we've binned a madman in front of the cameras for a well-spoken, up and coming manager.

Ranieri is the Tinkerman, lost to the Faroe Islands with Greece, has been out of the country a fair while and now is an odd fit given his previous clubs and their stature. Actually, all of a sudden, we've let go a good motivator who, against all the odds, kept the team up and replaced him with a past-it duffer.

Da Fuq?