Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Just heard steve Walsh on talk sport and I'm sure he said that Mr Ranieri suggested to Mrs Ranieri that when he took the job they would live in London and he would travel up. But Mrs Ranieri disagreed and said that they would live in Leicester and if she wanted to go to London she would travel there for the day. If that's true then that's top class support from Mrs Ranieri

Edited by Jimbo

Just heard steve Walsh on talk sport and I'm sure he said that Mr Ranieri suggested to Mrs Ranieri that when he took the job they would live in London and he would travel up. But Mrs Ranieri disagreed and said that they would live in Leicester and if she wanted to go to London she would travel there for the day. If that's true then that's top class support from Mrs Ranieri

Which Steve Walsh?

I think it's from this interview.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/11817603/Claudio-Ranieri-relishing-return-to-Premier-League-with-Leicester-City.html

It is an article written by an spurs fan from the states, aimed at other spurs fans in the states to give them a humorous take on Spurs opposition whilst also providing a bit of context about their opposition which living in the states they most likely won't know. It is old hat to us but to foreign Spurs fans who know nothing about our club will probably get a kick out of it.

What I'm saying is it is not meant for us, so don't bother reading it, don't bother posting it multiple times in various threads, don't waste your time getting offended, stop being so sensitive and enjoy the game.

Correct. Just click on their predictions article if you're not convinced that it's for American fans with little idea of football goings on outside of Spurs FC.

Just because the Americans call it soccer doesn't mean that it is.It doesn't have to be acceptable to us just because the Americans say it is. Its football always has been always will be regardless of what they say.

Just because the Americans call it soccer doesn't mean that it is.It doesn't have to be acceptable to us just because the Americans say it is. Its football always has been always will be regardless of what they say.

We called it soccer first though. We just turned it into simply football. Before in England there was Rugby Football and 'Soccer' (Association) Football, 'soccer' marked the difference to Rugby.

Edited by Finnaldo

lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football

"The term soccer originated in England, first appearing in the 1880s as an Oxford "-er" abbreviation of the word "association"

Who gives a shit whether they call it soccer or we call it football ffs. Its the same sport and has grown a lot over there.

Piss off with this faux superior attitude.

I wouldn't mind if it was a situation like in Australia where they have a strange alternate ball game which makes regular use of the foot, but to insist on calling the American egg-chase "football" defies all logic.

I wouldn't mind if it was a situation like in Australia where they have a strange alternate ball game which makes regular use of the foot, but to insist on calling the American egg-chase "football" defies all logic.

Its the ball that is a foot long mate, at least that's what i read somewhere

Actually there was quite a lot of 'foot' in very early American football, just as much as in Rugby Football for example.