Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

They only write half the crap they do because they want people to bite. To click on the link to read the article, to ring some god awful phone in show when Durham etc has spouted his usual BS, coming out and saying he had to go just doesn't generate the same response or retweets. It's just a game and what keeps them employed.

I know Hughes and Stoke are not everyone's favourites but they are a similar club/status to LCFC.

From the Mirror.

Since I’ve come here, I’ve never had the view of just surviving,” he said. “I’ve always felt there’s more to come and that’s still the case.

“There comes a risk with that approach because you are ­raising expectations.

“Maybe that’s what ­happened last year. Up to that point we had three top-10 finishes which this club had never had prior to me coming here. Last year was more difficult for us.

“But we’ve got to be ­better than 13th where we finished last ­season, and we will be. We still have the potential to do that.”

So how come it's ok for them to have ambition beyond being relegated and a top 10 finish yet according to other Mirror editorials we're not?

Since when has football become such an elitist mentality. When only the big clubs are allowed to achieve success and think about being successful, everyone else is just there to make up the numbers. Did Man City think that before "the money"? Now even Robbie 'nob head' Savage has joined the bandwagon! 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leicester-need-right-man-replace-11378345

• Like 1

I love how how we are suppose to 'know our place' and the top 6 are supposedly set in stone despite Spurs only becoming the part of the 'big 6' a couple of seasons ago. Cant remember anyone talking about a 'big 6' when the likes of Newcastle were consistently in the top 6.

11 hours ago, Brooksy said:

Why do these pundits write articles thinking its new and insightful stuff. We get it we're not meant to have any ambition and should just accept being shit every year cos thats football apparently.

Exactly. If everyone "knew their place" (whatever that means) what would be the point? If these people can't work out why we're pissed off at watching boring football for 14 months and spending fortunes for seemingly no improvement then I wonder how they get employed.

You really do notice a difference between those journalists and pundits that cover the club in some depth and others with a passing glance. Unfortunately, the higher profile ones are usually crap.

18 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I love how how we are suppose to 'know our place' and the top 6 are supposedly set in stone despite Spurs only becoming the part of the 'big 6' a couple of seasons ago. Cant remember anyone talking about a 'big 6' when the likes of Newcastle were consistently in the top 6.

Spurs have been top six regulars since 2009 ?

Btw, here on a dodgy Shanghai market, no sign of arry Kane !

7B835A7A-4C4F-45AD-AA12-C8998DE0D86E.thumb.jpeg.f8e2fe111593c61c8cf7228716580b49.jpeg

• Haha 2

our problem was teams around us seemed to be getting value for money in the transfer market and we were buying overpriced players who have not performed 

musa 16m and done nothing 

slimani 30 m and never plays 

kapustka  never got a chance 

amartey  does anyone know his best position 

nachoman  27m and for me should be a starter every game 

we had the best midfield in the prem in the title winning year in kante and drinky and a bang on form mahrez and vardy 

and our top 6 ambitious owners let them go but kept a sulking mahrez and the manager played the same formation with no engine in the middle and teams are just stopping vardy playing now and walking through us in the middle 

its clear mahrez is thinking if i play crap my price will drop in january , 

for me the biggest problem was the minute we got into the champions league its a massive draw for players and we should have used that to bring in real quality but we didnt . 

and it all points to rudkin who now cant even buy a player on time and hes going to pick our new manager and no doubt it will be someone who can be his yes man and thats why dyche wont come . 

rudkin will want an out of work manager whos cheap and will be eternally grateful to him for giving him a job 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Spurs have been top six regulars since 2009 ?

Btw, here on a dodgy Shanghai market, no sign of arry Kane !

7B835A7A-4C4F-45AD-AA12-C8998DE0D86E.thumb.jpeg.f8e2fe111593c61c8cf7228716580b49.jpeg

They've been in and out. A decade ago it was "The big 4" of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd. Man City were our stature until they became mega rich, then it became the big five. Spurs were the second tier in this division  (alongside everton), not a big side until they "put  the pressure on", now they're huge. It's ridiculous 

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

They've been in and out. A decade ago it was "The big 4" of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd. Man City were our stature until they became mega rich, then it became the big five. Spurs were the second tier in this division  (alongside everton), not a big side until they "put  the pressure on", now they're huge. It's ridiculous 

They haven’t been out of the top six since 08/09

four top four finishes in those 8 seasons 

much better record than Everton who had some v poor seasons

and are we really comparing the size of our club with Man City (pre shinowatra) - they have always been a big club but run v badly for many years.  You could compare on pitch performances for a period. 

We are a yo-yo club who are rapidly screwing up the chance to become an established prem league regular top 8 finisher 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They haven’t been out of the top six since 08/09

four top four finishes in those 8 seasons 

much better record than Everton who had some v poor seasons

and are we really comparing the size of our club with Man City (pre shinowatra) - they have always been a big club but run v badly for many years.  You could compare on pitch performances for a period. 

We are a yo-yo club who are rapidly screwing up the chance to become an established prem league regular top 8 finisher

Before the big money came in, they'd spent 15 years bottom half or in division two, with just two appearances in the top half, both still firmly mid table  (8th in 04/05, 9th in 02/03), Let's not forget we are joint with them for most second tier titles. They weren't really what anyone would have considered big, they were a lower mid table side, like we should be, until the big money came in - then all of a sudden they were giants. 

The talk of big six has only happened the last two years with spurs - yet Newcastle spent a chunk of the 90s and early this millennium in the top six but they weren't considered a "big six" side - it was three (Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal) until Chelsea came in as the noevaeu rich. You don't get to be a classic big club unless you're London based, mega rich or footballing aristocracy for the last century, and if you are London based you better believe that one or two seasons in the top four means you're a titan of the sport 

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

In my lifetime a Tottenham Hotspur have won a fraction of what Leicester have. You don't hear people banging on about them needing to remember their station. 

In my lifetime:

Spurs:

1 FA Cup 

2 League Cups (1 undeserved wins against us)

Leicester: 

2 League Cups 

2 Play Off finals

3 League Titles

Fvck Spurs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

In my lifetime:

Spurs:

1 FA Cup 

2 League Cups (1 undeserved wins against us)

Leicester: 

2 League Cups 

2 Play Off finals

3 League Titles

Fvck Spurs. 

That's hardly a fair comparison.

Spurs didn't get to the play-off finals/ win lower league titles because they weren't in the lower leagues.

31 minutes ago, Corky said:

They are discussing our situation on Soccer Saturday in a couple of minutes.

And what a load of patronising old tosh it was. Not surprised that it was a Scouser - Thompson - who actually said that our owners "have ideas above their station".

Can you imagine the foaming at the mouth on Merseyside that sort of comment would bring if it was directed at Thompson's club (who, let's not forget have never, unlike Leicester, won the Premier League)?

1 minute ago, whetstonefox said:

Soccer Saturday needs some new blood I'm bored of watching the same old 4 Panellists. Used to be must watch, not anymore 

they used to have a rotation of various pundits if I remember correctly. 

I think when the games are on and they're watching/commentating; it's fun. Pre-match they're a bit boring.

Garth Crooks in his normally batshit crazy team of the week is probably the most correct pundit of them all. 

I have far more sympathy for Craig Shakespeare over his sacking by Leicester than I did when Claudio Ranieri received his marching orders last season. Shakespeare has been unfortunate to be bound by the newfound level of expectation at the club. Ranieri attempted to repeat what he achieved with Leicester in the Premier League on the European stage and it nearly relegated them.

However, if Shakespeare and Ranieri saw their former team's performance against Swansea, they would have chuckled at the reaction of the players they once managed. These men would have had a very special relationship with the players at one stage. It shows how fickle football and players can be at times.

Premier League records of Leicester's permanent managers since the club's Thai owners took control
Manager Games Win %
Nigel Pearson 38 28.9
Claudio Ranieri 63 44.4
Craig Shakespeare 21 38.1

Riyad Mahrez was outstanding against Swansea and it begs the question: had he produced these sort of performances earlier would Ranieri or Shakespeare have got the sack?

What I do know is that Leicester's owners must learn from their mistakes and stop appointing short-term fixes. Select a manager who will develop the club, but slowly. Stability and Premier League consolidation is all that matters right now. This boom-and-bust mentality must come to an end.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Garth Crooks in his normally batshit crazy team of the week is probably the most correct pundit of them all. 

I have far more sympathy for Craig Shakespeare over his sacking by Leicester than I did when Claudio Ranieri received his marching orders last season. Shakespeare has been unfortunate to be bound by the newfound level of expectation at the club. Ranieri attempted to repeat what he achieved with Leicester in the Premier League on the European stage and it nearly relegated them.

However, if Shakespeare and Ranieri saw their former team's performance against Swansea, they would have chuckled at the reaction of the players they once managed. These men would have had a very special relationship with the players at one stage. It shows how fickle football and players can be at times.

Premier League records of Leicester's permanent managers since the club's Thai owners took control
Manager Games Win %
Nigel Pearson 38 28.9
Claudio Ranieri 63 44.4
Craig Shakespeare 21 38.1

Riyad Mahrez was outstanding against Swansea and it begs the question: had he produced these sort of performances earlier would Ranieri or Shakespeare have got the sack?

What I do know is that Leicester's owners must learn from their mistakes and stop appointing short-term fixes. Select a manager who will develop the club, but slowly. Stability and Premier League consolidation is all that matters right now. This boom-and-bust mentality must come to an end.

SLB

• Haha 1

They're doing Leicester title winners on pointless right now!

They said Jeff Schlupp and Leo Ulloa. Armstrong said Ulloa's name wrong but it was pointless, which is probably how a lot of people feel about him now!:P

Schlupp was also pointless, surprisingly so were Huth and Okazaki! Otherwise the names you'd expect - Kramaric, Nathan Dyer, De Laet.