Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

Does the way I read the aahhhh out to myself aloud make me racist by the way?

Depends how animated and enthused  your ‘ahhh’ was - that’s how he said it and what he said. They take the piss out of my attempts at Chinese ......

we’re all quite guilty of stereotyping.........

Just now, st albans fox said:

Depends how animated and enthused  your ‘ahhh’ was - that’s how he said it and what he said. They take the piss out of my attempts at Chinese ......

I wasn't being serious but thanks for the clarification lol

Kudos for attempting Chinese at all by the way, I don't imagine that's very easy.

41 minutes ago, Livid said:

Getting slated in the Sunday Express again.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/872383/Jim-Holden-column-Leicester-Pep-Guardiola-David-Moyes-video-technology-football

Nice interview with Vincente Iborra in the Sunday Times  if you can find it.

Such bitterness towards us from Jim Holden, hope it's because he lost a great deal of money betting on KP events....

On 23/10/2017 at 09:30, Cardiff_Fox said:

Garth Crooks in his normally batshit crazy team of the week is probably the most correct pundit of them all. 

I have far more sympathy for Craig Shakespeare over his sacking by Leicester than I did when Claudio Ranieri received his marching orders last season. Shakespeare has been unfortunate to be bound by the newfound level of expectation at the club. Ranieri attempted to repeat what he achieved with Leicester in the Premier League on the European stage and it nearly relegated them.

However, if Shakespeare and Ranieri saw their former team's performance against Swansea, they would have chuckled at the reaction of the players they once managed. These men would have had a very special relationship with the players at one stage. It shows how fickle football and players can be at times.

Premier League records of Leicester's permanent managers since the club's Thai owners took control
Manager Games Win %
Nigel Pearson 38 28.9
Claudio Ranieri 63 44.4
Craig Shakespeare 21 38.1

Riyad Mahrez was outstanding against Swansea and it begs the question: had he produced these sort of performances earlier would Ranieri or Shakespeare have got the sack?

What I do know is that Leicester's owners must learn from their mistakes and stop appointing short-term fixes. Select a manager who will develop the club, but slowly. Stability and Premier League consolidation is all that matters right now. This boom-and-bust mentality must come to an end.

That won’t make good reading for those who would would have you believe NP was the club’s (nay world’s) greatest manager.

Great builder of the club though he was.

54 minutes ago, Livid said:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/872383/Jim-Holden-column-Leicester-Pep-Guardiola-David-Moyes-video-technology-football

"Leicester City insulted us all by sacking Claudio"!!!

grow up Jim Holden you wet fanny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Livid said:

They hate us but without us they'd have nothing to write about other than the so called big 6.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Livid said:

Insulted "us".

Who is "us"?

And why do we supposedly pander to them?

It's stuff like this that makes me that bit happier when we win. They hate us and it's brilliant.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Insulted "us".

Who is "us"?

And why do we supposedly pander to them?

It's stuff like this that makes me that bit happier when we win. They hate us and it's brilliant.

Exactly this. It's worse when we're losing, but makes winning so sweet. I hope we continue to 'insult' them and challenge for 7th. 

I think it's because they did like the story, but only as a total one off. The praise for us as a club, city etc... whatever it was was absolutely hollow and deep down they want the natural order restored. That's why they're so insulted by us.

"Yes, perhaps it is an ideal partnership when neither manager nor owners has any idea what The Ashes are, never mind their significance in sport".

I've read this line several times and still have no idea what the relevance is. I assume he's talking about the cricket series so why is it applicable to this case?

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I genuinely burst out laughing with that line.

What the **** is he on about? lol I assume he's bashing our owners' assumed lack of cricket knowledge. That's how desperate people are to slate us.

"YEAH THEY'RE MULTI MILLIONAIRES WHO OWN A VERY SUCCESSFUL FOOTBALL TEAM BUT WHAT DO THEY KNOW ABOUT CRICKET? BLOODY SCOUNDRELS".

Hmm and I wonder how much he knows about Polo.

On 29/10/2017 at 12:31, Livid said:

Stopped reading at the point where he describes us as an "unremarkable club"

We are arguably the most remarkable club in recent history and even when we are not winning titles at 5000/1 and getting to the quarters of the CL we have been anything but "unremarkable". 

• Like 1

Jim Holden's 'Leicester insulted us' piece is up there with 14 year olds from Asia/Africa posting 'Leicester, you have lost all of my respect' on social media after the Ranieri sacking

In other words, none of us give a flying fvck about either notion.

I like how he slates us for the ambition of returning to mediocre anonymity as though we weren't doing that under Ranieri. We can add him to the list of people who seemed to ignore the league table and the statistics last February and couldn't understand why a man in a relegation battle was sacked.

Disagreeing with the decision isn't a problem, rewriting/ ignoring the valid points made is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Stopped reading at the point where he describes us as an "unremarkable club"

We are arguably the most remarkable club in recent history and even when we are not winning titles at 5000/1 and getting to the quarters of the CL we have been anything but "unremarkable". 

By remarking on us he is disproving his own point

On 29/10/2017 at 12:58, st albans fox said:

Stereotyping actually happens for a reason, ever thought of that? 

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yes. Lazy confirmation bias due to lack of understanding. 

Not always but mostly - can’t be bothered to work it out .........

13 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Stereotyping actually happens for a reason, ever thought of that? 

Can you repeat the question ?