Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Surely no one gets genuinely wound up by columnists / pundits etc who are paid to have strong opinions about us ???

Some people on here think we're the only team that are ever mentioned in the papers.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Some people on here think we're the only team that are ever mentioned in the papers.

We do seem to be the only ones who have got stick for hiring a foreign manager (despite letting an inexperienced Englishman take the reigns for CL knockout football earlier on in the year)- Watford's seventh foreigner in a row didn't attract any such attention. 

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find an article criticising Watford's choice of managers. We don't notice because we don't look and don't care. Liverpool and West Ham are also regularly criticised in the papers recently, WBA get very few positive headlines, Mourinho is always being called as is Wenger. Last year Man City got stick for underachieving. It's not just us.

This persecution complex some people have on here is a bit pathetic and boring. 

100% this. I love our fans, but the traumatised paranoia you hear from some of them is astonishing to behold. It's as if they're only happy when they have a sense of grievance about us being criticised or ignored.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

Got to laugh at some of the Mug gutter press making something out of a complete nothing but a bunch of Bollox, apparently after sacking Shakey the owners offered Claudio his old job back to which he kindly allegedly kindly refused saying he is enjoying his time at Nantes !!

Didnt think April fools counted in October ??

Had to chuckle a bit when reading the Jackanory reports !!

55 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find an article criticising Watford's choice of managers. We don't notice because we don't look and don't care. Liverpool and West Ham are also regularly criticised in the papers recently, WBA get very few positive headlines, Mourinho is always being called as is Wenger. Last year Man City got stick for underachieving. It's not just us.

This persecution complex some people have on here is a bit pathetic and boring. 

You're right about other clubs, but I'd say we get more than our fair share at the minute, particularly around management issues. How many other clubs have pundits and journalists alike questioning their players' professional integrity and accusing them of mutiny on a regular basis? It's really not on, but it seems to have become commonly accepted and fair game.

We've really upset a lot of people by winning the league and sacking Ranieri, and I think it shows with some of the nonsense written about us.

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

100% this. I love our fans, but the traumatised paranoia you hear from some of them is astonishing to behold. It's as if they're only happy when they have a sense of grievance about us being criticised or ignored.

Firstly, I'd be worried if our fans weren't getting offended by people insulting the club. It's like if someone calls your child ugly, yeh ok he might just be some cocky 9 year old who doesn't know his arse from his elbow but you still want to throttle the little turdbag.

Secondly, somebody made a very valid point involving Puel - I don't remember the media (the tv media anyway, I don't read papers) having a fit when Southampton sacked him in the summer, despite them finishing a respectable 8th and winning a cup final. Everyone was fairly accepting of the reasoning that he was extremely boring. Yet we sacked a manager for the same reason, plus being in the relegation zone, and we get slaughtered.

We do get a rough deal.

14 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Secondly, somebody made a very valid point involving Puel - I don't remember the media (the tv media anyway, I don't read papers) having a fit when Southampton sacked him in the summer, despite them finishing a respectable 8th and winning a cup final. Everyone was fairly accepting of the reasoning that he was extremely boring. Yet we sacked a manager for the same reason, plus being in the relegation zone, and we get slaughtered.

We do get a rough deal.

Why would you remember what was said about southampton and their manager. If I saw an article about Southampton in a newspaper I wouldn't even read it, it'd be of no interest to me.

• Like 1

We are bigger headline news than everyone bar top 6 + Everton & West Ham.

Southampton could sack their manager next week and it would barely make the airwaves for 5 minutes. WestBrom could go on a losing streak and the press would be like meh. We are relevant news. Other football fans get irate with our decisions, they don't get irate with anything Watford or Stoke do.

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Why would you remember what was said about southampton and their manager. If I saw an article about Southampton in a newspaper I wouldn't even read it, it'd be of no interest to me.

Like I said I don't read the papers either, but I do watch MOTD, Goals on Sunday, live Sky matches, Sunday Supplement (though not out of choice, my dad puts it on). Plus I'm on social media.

Puel's sacking would have been discussed on most if not all of these shows and I remember them being pretty 'meh' about it. Like they objectively discussed the reasoning for it instead of flying off the handle like some have with us for sacking managers who had us in the relegation zone.

Case and point when we were linked with Puel - what were people's reactions? A lot were 'he got sacked because they were boring/stopped scoring goals' etc. Whether you agree with that assessment or not, the fact is everybody knew the reasoning because of how it had been dealt with in the media. Not many were calling Southampton fans ungrateful losers and welcoming Puel with open arms.

Meanwhile, Shakespeare: I see people saying thei feel sorry for him and that we sack managers too much. I don't see many saying Shakespeare was an incompetent buffoon who had us playing dreadful, losing football.

Edited by Kitchandro

We absolutely do get alot more attention  ( mainly negative) since we won the league. Even though most in the media pretended to be behind us winning the league, we all know that most of them wanted spurs to win the league and they didn't like that we had upset the balance of premier league football. The whole thing about the players being snakes when CR got sacked, despite the fact we were heading for relegation under him. So many in the media saying things like Leicester need to know their place and accept they should be in a relegation battle. Funny how City treated Pellegrini really badly but they didn't get much bad publicity it was all just pure excitement cos they were getting Pep. I know all clubs get bad press at times but we have had alot of unfair criticism over the past few years. But **** them all, we love our club and will continue to support them whether its and Englishman a foreigner or a ****ing ostrich that is in charge! 

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

They can only look at it from their own perception.Its natural I suppose, hear Leicester then they concentrate

on Sport pannelist Opinions  ..When another team is being mentioned, thdy turn off, listening

then carry on slurping their tea and dunking their Biscuits.

NPearson, shoots back at the Clever  -johnny- journalists,/panelists, or neanderthal fans, then crazily imo,

Criticise Pearson, not the media or dozos shouting abuse. We then see a few posters, on here not backing

NP against poverty journalism, or pathetic questions in press meetings.

Now, we have some pundits/panelists, questioning the CS issue, no worse, or any different, to the debate

and discussions on this forum..and fans criticise it as being wrong..!!! :unsure:..I call it weird and tribal.

I dont want churlish, immature statements from media outlests or panels, but I welcome ex-profis

or managers giving their opinions, I might or might not agree with them, but thankgod we still have 

Various level of plaudits , Mixed also with the negative opinions.

When  one walks through this  life , taking on fair aswell as unfair

Critic or opinions and accepting the other view is a part of simply growing up and being mature.

Also in the media-outlets there are naturally born shit-stirrers, and dipsticks, part of the job-spec!!

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

We absolutely do get alot more attention  ( mainly negative) since we won the league. Even though most in the media pretended to be behind us winning the league, we all know that most of them wanted spurs to win the league and they didn't like that we had upset the balance of premier league football. The whole thing about the players being snakes when CR got sacked, despite the fact we were heading for relegation under him. So many in the media saying things like Leicester need to know their place and accept they should be in a relegation battle. Funny how City treated Pellegrini really badly but they didn't get much bad publicity it was all just pure excitement cos they were getting Pep. I know all clubs get bad press at times but we have had alot of unfair criticism over the past few years. But **** them all, we love our club and will continue to support them whether its and Englishman a foreigner or a ****ing ostrich that is in charge! 

How do we know that? Why would a reporter who might support West Ham, Arsenal, chelsea, Man U, Liverpool want Tottenham to win? Us winning the league was the biggest sporting story of the decade, it sold papers, boosted ratings and was the best publicity the PL could have. These ridiculous conspiracy theories are moronic.

• Like 1

People missing the point here. The media did want us to win the league, it's a great story. But what is even better for them is the fall, and if they can make us tumble that bit harder, they will.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Webbo said:

How do we know that? Why would a reporter who might support West Ham, Arsenal, chelsea, Man U, Liverpool want Tottenham to win? Us winning the league was the biggest sporting story of the decade, it sold papers, boosted ratings and was the best publicity the PL could have. These ridiculous conspiracy theories are moronic.

I am not suggesting all the media didn' want us to win but I read many stories and reports at the time saying things like we didn't deserve to win the league, we were lucky, we are a one man team etc etc. Despite us performing a miracle and actually playing great football when we won the league, many still thought we were lucky and didn't deserve it. Don't  get me wrong, we got some fantastic headlines and fantastic stories written about us by some media outlets and so we should have, but there were a few who still couldn't wait to write negative stuff about us. 

This thread used to be great when it was looking at other teams' forums and seeing what they (usually mistakenly) thought about us. Was a proper good laugh, especially that weird Sunderland obsession lol

Now it's just turned into posting links to articles by journalists all saying the exact same crap again and again. 

Is it worth maybe locking this and starting new threads for each of these? 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2017 at 21:11, Kitchandro said:

Firstly, I'd be worried if our fans weren't getting offended by people insulting the club. It's like if someone calls your child ugly, yeh ok he might just be some cocky 9 year old who doesn't know his arse from his elbow but you still want to throttle the little turdbag.

We do get a rough deal.

They didn't win! Ignore time now because it takes less time up!

Edited by PAULCFC

We get a far rougher deal than we should. We get criticised no matter what we do now. We were getting criticised for winning again last week lol suppose it's typical of the mentality in this country though, totally ignorant of tactics and actual reasons we might've won the game, far more of a story to make it some kind of soap opera.

• 2 weeks later...

http://untold-arsenal.com/archives/65674

Leicester City; the sound of chickens coming back to roost

by Tony Attwood

Whenever we cover the dodgy doings by football clubs on this site, we sometimes get emails saying “your club is just as bad” and “why don’t you just write about your club” and then a few things that are not really repeatable.  

So we’ll take those as read, and remind everyone that the headline of this site used to be “Football news from an Arsenal perspective”.   I can’t remember why that got changed, but anyone, I’ve just changed it back.  

Anyway, I’ve always felt that was our brief, along with several special areas of interest.  Including economics – not to mention dubious goings on, odd behaviour, fines and court cases.

And it is rather odd that in and among the news these last few months we have found Leicester City FC’s name comes up quite a lot.  

It all started, you might recall, with that business of them being promoted and seemingly spending far more than FFP allowed in doing so.  That one recently started hovering around when QPR where caught in the same net and lost their appeal.  I think they are appealing again, but basically as things stand QPR are in trouble, and if Leicester ever get relegated again then the Championship is going to impose a pretty big fine and a transfer ban.  

QPR have been told to pay the EFL £40m after being found guilty of breaking those rules at the same time as Leicester.  Failure to pay would mean expulsion from the League.   Leicester are ok for now because the PL doesn’t collect fines on behalf of the Football League, so they are rather keen to stay up.

But that was only for starters.  For then there was that curious business of their marketing and publicity company that no one could find, but which was bringing in huge, huge and then mega huge incomes to help Leicester stay on the right side of FFP in the Premier League.  That one’s gone a bit quiet, but these things never quite have the habit of vanishing for good.

And then third we reported that Leicester’s owner might be in a spot of local difficulty over his dealings in the airports of Thailand.   We did a little resume a few months back.

Anyway, criminal proceedings against the owners of Leicester City in respect of an unpaid £323 million owing to the Thai government have now come to life once more.  (I suspect they sent a cheque but it has got lost in the post).   The accusation from the state is that this is the money that it is said to be owed by King Power and King Power’s owners, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, and his son Aiyawatt.

King Power you may recall was given a booze selling monopoly in the airports by the PM of the country, Thaksin Shinawatra, who used to own Manchester City.  I was going to write a quick summary of Shinawatra’s difficulties with the law since then but there is no way I can find of summarising the multiplicity of course cases.  If you are fascinated try Wiki – but you might want to set aside several hours to cover the detail.

But to summarise Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha set up a small shop in Bangkok called King Power and then in a way I don’t understand got the exclusive franchise for duty free sales at Suvarnabhumi airport. Thaksin Shinawatra may have been involved.  But he went out in a military coup.

Back with King Power, a judge at Thailand’s central court for corruption and misconduct cases ruled that criminal allegations presented to the court in July should go ahead to see if King Power really has withheld £327m from the money it was to pay the state for the right to run the duty free shops.

The argument is that King Power worked hand in glove with airport staff so that the amount of duty free sales recorded was a mere pittance of the amount actually owed.  In the end it is said they only paid 3% of the revenue to the state rather than 15%.  Quite a difference.

There are also cases against 14 airport officials, two other King Power companies and Sombat Dechapanichkul, the chief operating officer of King Power International.   The official court summary of the preliminaries said, “From the examination of the lawsuit, the court sees that the case is within the authority of the Central Court for Corruption and Misconduct case, and the lawsuit is in accordance with the Procedures for Corruption and Malfeasance Case Act.”

The lawsuit was filed by Charnchai Issarasenarak, former deputy chairman of a government anti-corruption subcommittee,   King Power then filed a libel lawsuit against Charnchai in February this year, claiming defamation in statements he made alleging corruption.

King Power problems with the Football League which arise from the fact that having bought Leicester City for £39m when the club was in the Championship they then loaned the club more than £100m saying that it had come from the hard-to-locate marketing company.

The prosecution and defence in the criminal case will now submit further evidence and lists of witnesses to be heard, with suggestions that the case may come to trial in March. In the original lawsuit, Charnchai listed the current prime minister of Thailand, General Prayuth Chan O-Cha, as the second witness.

King Power responded, “King Power has always followed and been absolutely committed to the highest standards in proper and ethical business practice. We are proud of our company’s good name and honest reputation and will fight rigorously any attempts to discredit them.”

So what might happen to Leicester if the corruption case against its owners is proven?   The King Power men might have to stand down, although the rules of the League are, of course, obscure.  When it comes to protecting the league from dodgy owners they always are.

The UK has an extradition treaty with Thailand.

On 02/11/2017 at 00:41, Dan LCFC said:

We get a far rougher deal than we should. We get criticised no matter what we do now. We were getting criticised for winning again last week lol suppose it's typical of the mentality in this country though, totally ignorant of tactics and actual reasons we might've won the game, far more of a story to make it some kind of soap opera.

The one thing worse than being criticised is not being criticised. You only get criticised if you are successful in the media. We won the league, no one can take that away from us. Criticised all they like I have the memories of the greatest day in my football loving life, it's water off a duck's  back.