Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

24 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

He's said before that he wants to spend his career there but that was before they royally screwed up this season. If they don't get any silverware AGAIN as well as finish nowhere in the league, he'll have no choice but to move on for the sake of his career.

Plus the fact that Spurs have a wage cap policy which militates against keeping their in demand players and if they aren't getting the going rate their agents should be asking why. Being a one club man is great if you're winning trophies and glory if you're just one of a team of bottlers what's the point ? 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Kane will surely fvck off this summer when the penny drops.

Money talks in the end. Spurs pay peanuts comparatively -  Luke Shaw is apparently on 160k a week at United lol

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

He's said before that he wants to spend his career there but that was before they royally screwed up this season. If they don't get any silverware AGAIN as well as finish nowhere in the league, he'll have no choice but to move on for the sake of his career.

Didn't drinkwater say that to

14 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Kane will surely fvck off this summer when the penny drops.

As he should. Kane deserves to win big trophies and be on £200k a week, not being teophyless at Tottenham and be on 1/3 of what Luke fecking Shaw is on. Likewise with Dele Alli and Toby Alderwireld. Supremely talented players who should be winning titles and cups. What Spurs and Levy are trying to do is admirable but it's not realistic. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Browsing the Southampton boards to see what they think of the upcoming match - came across this beauty:

image.thumb.png.1f4918fb1a8cd8c9d8e6a6e23fcfd4b5.png

Those 4 players cost us under £6m. 

Long, Davis, Ward-Prowse and Forster cost the Saints a combined £23m.

(£12m, £800K, youth, £10m respectively)

:pearson:

Love the fact that 3 of the 4 players they'vd picked are some of the most influential in our clubs history, and also absolute bargains, whilst the 4th has been mostly a squad player, but again cost very little, all in attempt to prove our owners are willing to spend big money, when they've only proved we know how to pick up a bargain. Funny that we've actually got plenty of wasted big money on the bench or not in the squad.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

image.thumb.png.458c261485d436a082c849afa298bcfc.png:nigel:

I'd take Tadic, and Van Dijk. Austin would be an upgrade on Ulloa, after that I'm struggling.

7 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Love the fact that 3 of the 4 players they'vd picked are some of the most influential in our clubs history, and also absolute bargains, whilst the 4th has been mostly a squad player, but again cost very little, all in attempt to prove our owners are willing to spend big money, when they've only proved we know how to pick up a bargain. Funny that we've actually got plenty of wasted big money on the bench or not in the squad.

I'd take Tadic, and Van Dijk. Austin would be an upgrade on Ulloa, after that I'm struggling.

Cedric and Bertrand would both start for us at full back

On 12/11/2017 at 06:47, urban.spaceman said:

image.thumb.png.458c261485d436a082c849afa298bcfc.png:nigel:

I'd say that is a fair point, especially on the defenders, VVD, Bertrand and Cedric would certainly improve our squad, Tadic is a very good player, I haven't see enough of Lemina or Romeu but read some rave reviews and that guy probably hasn't seen much of Iborra and Ndidi. I think overall our squads are evenly matched, but the way we have been playing I would have us as slight favourites, with a draw most likely. Although I'd back us to beat them at home.

9 minutes ago, Koke said:

Bertrand 

VVD 

Cedric 

Romeu .

Would all walk into our first 11.

Bertrand yes

VVD 100% 

Cedric yes

Romeu - Nah...ndidi the future...iborra playing great and we have silva coming back.

Edited by les-tah

Saintsweb forum provides quite an entertaining read after yesterdays game

Default Pellegrino 1 Puel 4 - Post match Meltdown

If we ask nicely do you think Leicester would give us Claude back?

:innocent: ...lollollol

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?59056-Pellegrino-1-Puel-4-Post-match-Meltdown&s=5ce2b302a42745a24eb8dac3f5eed3b4#.WjI09lWnFdg

The fact that majority of them absolutely hate Vards for injuring Van Dijk makes the match thread and the following meltdown even more enjoyable 

Quote Originally Posted by HKsaint View Post
Vardy did injure VDD on purpose. We must do the same on him.
I'll get a sniper in row z to take him out, will that do. FFS!

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?59042-Saints-v-Leicester-Thread#.WjI21lWnFdg

1 hour ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Saintsweb forum provides quite an entertaining read after yesterdays game

Bless em, my particular favourite points in the pre-match thread...

- The guy pre-match who acknowledged LCFC fans reading the forum and adamant they'll finish above us :D

- The fact they don't think we were anything special "10 men behind the ball" "direct football" :D

- The seemingly pointless argument they were having between themselves as to whether Vardy's tackle on Van Dijk was deliberate or not. OH BOY were they winding themselves into a tizz over it lol

- The one or two posts claiming Puel has done nothing to change us, just picked up what we've been doing for the last 2 1/2 years. :D

• Like 1

On 12/12/2017 at 12:52, Captain... said:

I'd say that is a fair point, especially on the defenders, VVD, Bertrand and Cedric would certainly improve our squad, Tadic is a very good player, I haven't see enough of Lemina or Romeu but read some rave reviews and that guy probably hasn't seen much of Iborra and Ndidi. I think overall our squads are evenly matched, but the way we have been playing I would have us as slight favourites, with a draw most likely. Although I'd back us to beat them at home.

Bertrand must be one of the most overrated players in the league.

everytime I watch him he is slow, out of position and when he does attack lacks a final ball!

53 minutes ago, Everygamefox said:

Bertrand must be one of the most overrated players in the league.

everytime I watch him he is slow, out of position and when he does attack lacks a final ball!

Maybe he's gone backwards, not seen much of him this season but he was good for them under Koeman and looked a real talent a few years back.