Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Raoul Moat, doing his leg at Wembley against F*rest, Italia 90, troubled personal life, nights on the randan in the 90s with Chris Evans and Danny Baker, alcoholism, ill health.

That's before you get to the way that at his peak , he could brush off a challenge and do something magical.  And he scored THAT goal against Scotland which sent me wild with celebration.

For us up here, THAT goal aside, he is remembered with awe for being the subject of a dressing room wind-up which goaded him into miming "the flute" in front of the Celtic fans during an Old Firm game, with resultant death threats. 

Having said that, I think even a few Celtic fans now recognise that he is an exceptional person and would probably buy him a pint.

He's led some life.

In fact, he's packed more into one life than about 8 normal footballers.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I can hardly believe it but looks like it's genuine Gazza!! And he wants to meet the lads lol Probably my favourite non-Leicester English player ever

I thought he was taking the p**s

• Like 1

love Gazza, Still have a t shirt from 1990 with him crying on it!

I was in France with my parents for that semi final, as a 10 year old it shaped my life and cemented my love of football, Gazza will always be a hero of mine.

They were just talking about Vardy on Talksport. Asking why no clubs are bidding for him, and mostly talking about Spurs. Why the **** would Vardy want to take a pay cut to sit on the bench at a club who never win anything? Ridiculous.

One of the presenters reckons Leicester would definitely accept a bid of £30m! I know they try to wind people up, but aren't they at all worried about their credibility?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

They were just talking about Vardy on Talksport. Asking why no clubs are bidding for him, and mostly talking about Spurs. Why the **** would Vardy want to take a pay cut to sit on the bench at a club who never win anything? Ridiculous.

One of the presenters reckons Leicester would definitely accept a bid of £30m! I know they try to wind people up, but aren't they at all worried about their credibility?

TalkSport presenters have never had credibility to lose tbf.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

The funniest part was when they went on about how we didn’t have a single shot on goal against Fleetwood and didn’t mention the fact we changed our whole team.. 

36 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

The funniest part was when they went on about how we didn’t have a single shot on goal against Fleetwood and didn’t mention the fact we changed our whole team.. 

Yeah!! They asked whether we were a one man team because of that match when Vardy didn't play. Nevermind the rest of the 1st team that didn't play, then.

4 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Yeah!! They asked whether we were a one man team because of that match when Vardy didn't play. Nevermind the rest of the 1st team that didn't play, then.

Just like we were a one man team with N'Golo Kante. Sometimes Riyad Mahrez too :whistle:

Edited by TK95

I'm not going to lie, as someone from the Catholic community growing up in Northern Ireland in the 90s in a predominantly unionist town, I couldnt stand Gazza, particularly as he played for Rangers and England. Also, about every other person my age would have that stupid bleach blonde hairstyle.

But it was only was I got older that I appreciated what a magnificent player he was on the pitch whilst growing sympathy for him off the pitch given his issues with alcohol and the hounding of him by the press. 

I think he wouldnt have been the player he was if he didnt have the personality he had though. For example, he always did things his way so he probably didnt listen to coaches much meaning any of his unorthodox pieces of skill werent trained out of him.

• Like 2

A nice juxtaposition with Gascoigne, a man convicted of threatening or abusive words or behaviour where the judge and guilty of insidious racism, and a minutes applause for a man truly dignified in the face such behaviour.

I know who I would have preferred to meet.

50 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I'm not going to lie, as someone from the Catholic community growing up in Northern Ireland in the 90s in a predominantly unionist town, I couldnt stand Gazza, particularly as he played for Rangers and England. Also, about every other person my age would have that stupid bleach blonde hairstyle.

But it was only was I got older that I appreciated what a magnificent player he was on the pitch whilst growing sympathy for him off the pitch given his issues with alcohol and the hounding of him by the press. 

I think he wouldnt have been the player he was if he didnt have the personality he had though. For example, he always did things his way so he probably didnt listen to coaches much meaning any of his unorthodox pieces of skill werent trained out of him.

Disgraceful allegations.

I did mine in honour of Scott Taylor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Steven said:

A nice juxtaposition with Gascoigne, a man convicted of threatening or abusive words or behaviour where the judge and guilty of insidious racism, and a minutes applause for a man truly dignified in the face such behaviour.

I know who I would have preferred to meet.

The pompous post of the year goes to...

On 16/01/2018 at 18:36, Raw Dykes said:

I don't think the greater football fraternity have the great love- in for JV as many on here. They see him for what he is and for the most part, a 30m value is being generous I feel!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2