Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

I hate to go off topic and mention boxing but seen a few videos today of Billy Joe kicking off at a press conference and was surprised at the timber he has put on!

Does he always walk around that big between fights?

Thought that when the camera was on him last night. He does have a naturally chubby face though but still, makes me think June 10th against golovkin  was ruled out some time ago.

2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I hate to go off topic and mention boxing but seen a few videos today of Billy Joe kicking off at a press conference and was surprised at the timber he has put on!

Does he always walk around that big between fights?

Don't know if you ever watch any of the IFL vids on youtube (I love them tbh, actually allows you to get to know the characters of some boxers instead of Eddie getting in the way all the time) and BJS always seems to balloon in between fights.

There's something very funny about watching a man in broken English trying to rip into someone else......and they always seem to do it aswell.

I had to chuckle when he pointed at BJS's stomach and just said 'Heavyweight' lol

BJS is a level, at least, above Langford. But you're only as good as your last fight, and in that BJS was poor. He was slow and sluggish.....he also had weight issues before that fight. If he fights at the level he was against Eubank, he wins the fight comfortably with his movement.....but he hasn't been very impressive since.

13 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

@Countryfox is proper trouble

Comes across all nice as pie but ex SAS I reckon :ph34r:

Not even close Muzzett but would have been tempting to change my name to WalterMittyFox and have said yes !

Funnily enough I'm going down to Chiddingfold in a few weeks and the chap I know down there is well in with that lot (retired ones that is), through 'work' they do for the Abramovitch family.  His best mate is in the SBS and he was his best man when he got married earlier this year.   I'll tell him what you said and watch as he rolls around laughing ...   :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

So Joshua v Klitschko looming this weekend.

Who's your money on and what round / points?

Little tip ...    see who Paddy (Gaelic) thinks will win then bet on the other one ....   :thumbup:

Too close for me to call and could see it going either way ...    hope AJ goes for it.

• Like 1

Just now, Countryfox said:

Little tip ...    see who Paddy (Gaelic) thinks will win then bet on the other one ....   :thumbup:

Too close for me to call and could see it going either way ...    hope AJ goes for it.

Ha!

I had convinced myself that AJ has taken this fight too early but I now think Joshua will floor him eventually.

AJ - Round 8/9 

Depends on Wlad tbh we know what we are getting with Joshua. Wlad of old turns up he's got a good chance Wlad that fought fury shows up he's in trouble, if he's worse than that he's gonna get floored inside 6. At 41 I'll be surprised if he put in the performance required.

ive got a Campbell quigg Joshua ac myself. 

I'm not sure how anyone can predict Klit tbh.

He was schooled and actually hurt at one stage by Fury....who really doesn't have 'elite' level power.

People continually question Joshua's 'roboticness'.....but he hasn't been in a fight yet where he's had to do anything other than just land on his opponent. Even against Whyte....a fight which Joshua let the emotions get the better of him, he knew he just needed to land eventually and he would get the KO.

Joshua beats all the top 10 heavyweights on the planet, probably by KO....and comfortably.

Klit has two options of winning, by an early KO or 'old manning' Joshua.

He couldn't get near Fury, so i don't see how he doesn't get caught by Joshua. Wlad isn't known for having a great chin.....hence he's been a defensive fighter for years.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Grewks said:

I'm not sure how anyone can predict Klit tbh.

Well, apart from the fact that he is the second longest reigning heavyweight champion of all time and considered to be amongst the hardest  punching knockout artists in the history of the division ...    Not much really .....

38 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Well, apart from the fact that he is the second longest reigning heavyweight champion of all time and considered to be amongst the hardest  punching knockout artists in the history of the division ...    Not much really .....

History.....exactly.

Fights aren't won on resumes.

He has more experience than Josh, no doubt.

But he has less power, speed and based on his last fight with Fury, less movement aswell.

Of course Klit can win. We all saw in the Bellew and Haye fight that anything can happen.....I simply find no logic, well little logic, in picking Klit over Josh though.

Klitz will be a big test for Joshua, despite his age. He can still use his experience to his advantage and I don't see AJ rolling him over easily. I think it will be a tough night for AJ but I think he will beat him by being the aggressor in a close points battle.

Anyone going? I'm looking forward to it, shame about the undercard but to be expected given the money at the top end. Would have like to see Benn snuck onto it again but they seem to be saving the best for the Brooke Spence fight. 

Will be good to see the Olympic lads, hopefully they get some sort of test.

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Anyone going? I'm looking forward to it, shame about the undercard but to be expected given the money at the top end. Would have like to see Benn snuck onto it again but they seem to be saving the best for the Brooke Spence fight. 

Will be good to see the Olympic lads, hopefully they get some sort of test.

I actually think it's a great undercard, in the sense that it's showing the progression of our young exciting talents. It's almost as if Eddie is showing Okolie, Cordina and Campbell 'look, this is where Josh has got too, you can too'.

I'm looking forward to seeing Cordina and Okolie again, aswell as the progression of Campbell and Quigg who have two world class trainers with them now.

5 minutes ago, Grewks said:

I actually think it's a great undercard, in the sense that it's showing the progression of our young exciting talents. It's almost as if Eddie is showing Okolie, Cordina and Campbell 'look, this is where Josh has got too, you can too'.

I'm looking forward to seeing Cordina and Okolie again, aswell as the progression of Campbell and Quigg who have two world class trainers with them now.

I'm pleased Campbell is on there, enjoyed watching him so far. You make a good point with regards to showing them how far AJ has got given it's exactly where it started.

Either way it'll be amazing having the boxing atmosphere on that scale!

Edited by AjcW

16 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I'm pleased Campbell is on there, enjoyed watching him so far. You make a good point with regards to showing them how far AJ has got given it's exactly where it started.

Either way it'll be amazing having the boxing atmosphere on that scale!

Hes the one I'm worried about on my accumulator that I've put far too much money on. I watched the mendy fight he was resoundingly beaten but hoping that was just a case of too much to soon and a bit of a Hearn f**k up. Perez not a mug either.

.......just as an aside why is Charles Martin fighting a fifty fight journeyman with a terrible record in a untelevised fight on a Tuesday night lol 

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Hes the one I'm worried about on my accumulator that I've put far too much money on. I watched the mendy fight he was resoundingly beaten but hoping that was just a case of too much to soon and a bit of a Hearn f**k up. Perez not a mug either.

.......just as an aside why is Charles Martin fighting a fifty fight journeyman with a terrible record in a untelevised fight on a Tuesday night lol 

Didn't he shoot someone/get shot? Probably the best he can do lol 

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Didn't he shoot someone/get shot? Probably the best he can do lol 

lol minor incident (well minor injury obv could of been a lot worse thankfully it wasn't) he wasn't in hospital very long at all but yeah pretty funny. I'm pretty sure he could probably manage slightly better to say the least.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Am I going bonkers here ?? ...    I could have swore that before I went out I noticed a load of banter between Pablo and Grewks ...    and now its gone !   I've just settled down with a cup of tea and a biscuit (chocolate bourbon no less !)  to catch up and have a laugh and there is nothing there !!! .....          I must protest most strongly and INSIST that their childish chatter is reinstated with immediate effect.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Am I going bonkers here ?? ...    I could have swore that before I went out I noticed a load of banter between Pablo and Grewks ...    and now its gone !   I've just settled down with a cup of tea and a biscuit (chocolate bourbon no less !)  to catch up and have a laugh and there is nothing there !!! .....          I must protest most strongly and INSIST that their childish chatter is reinstated with immediate effect.   

I was actually trying to be grown up last night tbf and asking him to pack it in as I ignored him for the day so he just started bickering with Strokes instead (also deleted) 

Sorry to disappoint you col no I've not been banned but then I'm not the problem.