Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

23 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Agree and with his heart and courage he is going to dominate 

there is only two fights for AJ 

wilder who he beats easy 

and 

fury who is probably finished ! 

So easy enough to dominate 

RE fury we will see in a few months. 

i get the feeling this is one they'd rather get rushed through while Tyson is still cold so you might be pleasantly surprised. 

Just now, Col city fan said:

Careful Pabs...500 quid...fookin Hell

:o

What were the odds on the treble? .6/.7 to 1?

Bet very rarely and only when a very strong inclination I'm going to be right. Last time I was going to do that I got talked out of it and that was harry Kane anytime against us at the kp In 15/16 plus 50 first goal scorer. Never let a woman talk you out of a bet lol 

Nah, double your money pretty much. All three heavy favs. Quigg was 1/25

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Bet very rarely and only when a very strong inclination I'm going to be right. Last time I was going to do that I got talked out of it and that was harry Kane anytime against us at the kp In 15/16 plus 50 first goal scorer. Never let a woman talk you out of a bet lol 

Nah, double your money pretty much. All three heavy favs. Quigg was 1/25

Well done mate. I'd had a terrible day on the footy but made a nice bit on the fight.

Yeah Fury will be back.

So I had AJ a round down going in to the 11th but had Klitch survived the 11th there would have been all to fight for in the 12th...

To find his legs again and flick the switch in the 11th was incredible - fair play to AJ, I called the 9th and thought if he took out his opponent it would be later in the fight but I was amazed he got back in the fight again and that his oppenent didn't have anything left to finish him.

It has however confirmed some doubts about his frame, build, stamina and staying power in relation to him punching himself out but some of the blows Klitch took without going directly to ground were formidable... Fury will be thinking though he could take AJ based on that performance but I'm not sure Fury has been hit that hard yet.

AJ deserves the title. And what a great advert for the sport this was - you can have integrity, self respect, draw the crowds and do all this without bringing the sport into disrepute and being an WWE esque embarrassing tit. Look on in shame Fury, Wilder et al...

• Like 1

What a fight both of them gave it their all, I was surprised and worried when Aj gassed out I thought it was over for him.

The fight was probably the best heavyweight i have ever seen. Aj would have gained so much from the fight and will dominate the division for a while now.

Always enjoy re watching an event the day after (sober) as well I very rarely am once the action starts.

Ok, I am trying really hard and I know she is damn good at what she does, but I just do not understand the Katie Taylor hype, absolutely ragged like a headless chicken at times.

Really enjoy watching Scott Quigg fight but damn he gets hit way to much and needs to use his brain more rather than looking for the big finish every single time.

Still had Vlad 2 up going into the 11th but fair play to AJ that was a brutal finish and have a feeling that will be his toughest fight for a couple of years at least. Will be nice to see a British heavyweight dominate again but the doubts still linger but am more than happy for him to keep proving me wrong. Vlad an absolute class act! Just shows how well Tyson boxed against him because even though Vlad was KO'd last night he was still able to pretty much box the way he wanted to and pick every shot he needed, Tyson never let him do that once so who knows maybe it wasn't because it was Vlad who didn't turn up that night, could have just been that Tyson was that damn good!

Well done @Manwell Pablo , may have only been a double your money bet or so, but that still takes serious cajones to drop that amount on any bet...enjoy!

Couple of highlights from the night, the massively deserved ovation Vlad received just before he was interviewed....swiftly followed by the ovation of a different kind that was given to fast car when questioned lollol which is a bit bizarre as I thought the casuals loved him!

Apologies for the rabbiting on again, just love this thread, best one on FT! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

2014 Wlad would have knocked him out 

lads he is 41 ... it's like asking ryan giggs to play in a champions league final for Barcelona ! 

Add to that he was a beaten and humiliated man 17 months ago and hadn't fought since 

and he almost beat the guy tonight 

AJ did well , but we need to objective here 

Why is it acceptable to mention Wlad's age and experience as a negative but not Joshua's? Yeah, Wlad isn't in his prime anymore but what you overlook is that neither is Joshua.

He's big and strong, sure, but he'd also never fought a fighter of Wlad's experience or talent before, never gone beyond seven rounds before, has less than twenty fights even now and even last night you could see he still has a lot to learn and learned a lot even during that fight.

You worry about those middle rounds, nonsense, you were delighted during those middle rounds because you were desperate for AJ to be a myth because GaelicFox, font of all boxing knowledge, told us all he was crap and now you're looking daft.

Got put on the floor by a future hall of famer who looked strong and fast and still got off the mat and recovered to blow him away.

By the time Joshua meets Fury, even if Fury is at his very best, Joshua wins. Hands down.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

Jesus Christ the boxing hipster band wagon is packed to the rafters and rolling at full steam this morning in certain corners of the internet  lol . Not a great fighter and would get slaughtered in a decent era and was lucky to win hos gold medal ( a point I admit is a discussion but so largely irrelevant it's unreal) according to some

19 fights  I admit I've had to look up specifics but I know roughly where they were.

Ali - beats Henry Cooper at Wembley, non title fight, fight before Liston

Fraizer - beats Marion Connor, would not fight for a world title for another three years 6 fights later

Foreman - Aaron Eastling, nearly 20 fights away from world title

Hollyfield - James Tillis, domestic cruiser weight bout

Tyson - Steve Zouski, 9 fights away from a title fight

Lewis - Levi Billups, how is that even a name btw, 4 rights before the tucker fight.

Joshua - Wladmir Klitschko to become a unified world champion.

Now I admit he's no great yet but you would of thought most people,would give him a break

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Jesus Christ the boxing hipster band wagon is packed to the rafters and rolling at full steam this morning in certain corners of the internet  lol . Not a great fighter and would get slaughtered in a decent era and was lucky to win hos gold medal ( a point I admit is a discussion but so largely irrelevant it's unreal) according to some

19 fights  I admit I've had to look up specifics but I know roughly where they were.

Ali - beats Henry Cooper at Wembley, non title fight, fight before Liston

Fraizer - beats Marion Connor, would not fight for a world title for another three years 6 fights later

Foreman - Aaron Eastling, nearly 20 fights away from world title

Hollyfield - James Tillis, domestic cruiser weight bout

Tyson - Steve Zouski, 9 fights away from a title fight

Lewis - Levi Billups, how is that even a name btw, 4 rights before the tucker fight.

Joshua - Wladmir Klitschko to become a unified world champion.

Now I admit he's no great yet but you would of thought most people,would give him a break

Having watched it back, I think actually Joshua's mistake was going for the kill too early and committing too much energy into that. All of his opponents to date have crumbled under less. The following errors were only made because of that, so yeah I think I'll cut him some slack and just say what a great fight it was.

5 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

That's a fair comment 

but AJ also was in a world of trouble last night against a man whose career mentally and physically was ended by fury in 2015 lol 

But Fury is gone 

it's AJ's time and I hope he can keep on improving 

he is a nice guy and it's good for boxing to have him 

But you have to admit that was a different klitschko last night to the one Fury faced...

and as an aside, I really hope Fury comes back.. AJ can't claim to be the best of this era unless he had faced Tyson Fury...

Phew you lot have been busy since the fight !   I'll stick with my one post ...   well done AJ you will become dominant in this sport ...    shame you sneered at WK when the fight was stopped.   WK a true professional and was almost sorry to see him lose.  Respect.   What age has got to do with anything I don't know, as all what ifs and buts and not really relevant.   Love to see Fury and AJ get it together but probably won't happen ...    AJ would win by KO.   Good win Pabs ! ..   nice one !   :thumbup:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MPH said:

But you have to admit that was a different klitschko last night to the one Fury faced...

and as an aside, I really hope Fury comes back.. AJ can't claim to be the best of this era unless he had faced Tyson Fury...

In the same breath you'd have to say it was far from a classic Wlad, he'd of got Joshua out of there after that knock down as little as five years ago imo, much improved on the fury fight though yes.

Fascinating fight - well worth its billing - but Wembley was utterly exposed for its lousy location as a national stadium.

Thousands of fans were delayed for hours afterwards due to an accident which left a long line of coaches at a standstill for two hours just outside the arena car park..

In the end, a succession of lengthy vehicles ended up reversing towards what were still sizeable groups of walking fans, as drivers tried to find an alternative getaway through Neasden.

The knock-on was considerable with fans having to ring and call-off their arranged "lift home" and instead get a taxi either from the journey's end coach drop or from service-stations en route.

Others found they vehicles locked in non-24-hour car parks.  

Altogether it showed the folly of having a national arena in a densely populated area rather than somewhere where there's instant multi-lane access to the motorway network.

It's a horrible location anyway and not a great stadium for a fight night - most seats being way too far from the action and the big screens being altogether inadequate...among various other things.

We took binoculars and wish they'd let us take a van load so we could have hired them out to all the punters who seemed keen to borrow them.

Just now, Thracian said:

Fascinating fight - well worth its billing - but Wembley was utterly exposed for its lousy location as a national stadium.

Thousands of fans were delayed for hours afterwards due to an accident which left a long line of coaches at a standstill for two hours just outside the arena car park..

In the end, a succession of lengthy vehicles ended up reversing towards what were still sizeable groups of walking fans, as drivers tried to find an alternative getaway through Neasden.

The knock-on was considerable with fans having to ring and call-off their arranged "lift home" and instead get a taxi either from the journey's end coach drop or from service-stations en route.

Others found they vehicles locked in non-24-hour car parks.  

Altogether it showed the folly of having a national arena in a densely populated area rather than somewhere where there's instant multi-lane access to the motorway network.

It's a horrible location anyway and not a great stadium for a fight night - most seats being way too far from the action and the big screens being altogether inadequate...among various other things.

We took binoculars and wish they'd let us take a van load so we could have hired them out to all the punters who seemed keen to borrow them.

Seriously, you went to one of the best heavy weight title fights for years and your post is 5/6 complaining about the traffic lol

Hope you enjoyed yourself Tony, i recommend the tube when attending Wembley 

right off to get pissed and play charity football in that order happy bank holiday all

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah Fury will be back.

So I had AJ a round down going in to the 11th but had Klitch survived the 11th there would have been all to fight for in the 12th...

To find his legs again and flick the switch in the 11th was incredible - fair play to AJ, I called the 9th and thought if he took out his opponent it would be later in the fight but I was amazed he got back in the fight again and that his oppenent didn't have anything left to finish him.

It has however confirmed some doubts about his frame, build, stamina and staying power in relation to him punching himself out but some of the blows Klitch took without going directly to ground were formidable... Fury will be thinking though he could take AJ based on that performance but I'm not sure Fury has been hit that hard yet.

AJ deserves the title. And what a great advert for the sport this was - you can have integrity, self respect, draw the crowds and do all this without bringing the sport into disrepute and being an WWE esque embarrassing tit. Look on in shame Fury, Wilder et al...

If Fury makes a comeback...then the HW division is in Dire straits. Hes been decent in the Bugner mode I suppose.

AJ is Well  ahead of him, and should do to him what Ali did to Quarry...put him on his mantelpiece.

The Klitchkos were honest decent HWs, humble and proffessional.

If they had been around 10-15 yrs before, they would of earnt their bread, nothing more

Forget Ali or Foreman/Frazier, any HW in their era in top 8, would of seen them off.

AJ is young, wont fight as many fights, as the old days.Too early to jump on some of his

Weaknesses, Klitchko was older ,wrly with his ring experience.AJ needed this fight, also he needed

to win it. He got put down..so what!!   Now lets see if his team and he himself can learn and develope

from this. AJ is likeable doesnt run off at the mouth, importantly genuinely knows hes got alot to learn.

Stepping stones, wise heads around him, he can wear all belts for a while.

Leave the rematch on the table..He needs to put Fury into history, then the American is awaiting..

A 42 or 43yr old  Klitchko, is not necessary, contracts can be be jumped, plus Klitchko might not want it.

Retire my son, Fury then AJ  have seen off your era..

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Seriously, you went to one of the best heavy weight title fights for years and your post is 5/6 complaining about the traffic lol

Hope you enjoyed yourself Tony, i recommend the tube when attending Wembley 

right off to get pissed and play charity football in that order happy bank holiday all

The tube wasn't an option and was clearly not the choice/option of thousands of fans who used the coaches,perhaps for the same reason we did. .  

13 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

In the same breath you'd have to say it was far from a classic Wlad, he'd of got Joshua out of there after that knock down as little as five years ago imo, much improved on the fury fight though yes.

I dont think, Klitchko would of seen him off 15/10 or 5 years ago. Their Weaknesses were, not being able to see the job done, met few

with a punch. They did whst they did in a low era of HW boxing.They to their credit, would of been good profis and good stickers

in any era.Though some would of seen them having to ride the cuts more.Not enough punches thrown in their direction..

I mean thrown, not landing.  Yes AJ had his problems, but he faced them and got through his own hard periods,

1st steps of proving class and quality. At present I defer in throwing out any negatives towards him, he deserves the right

to be given room, without ifs and buts remarks. At this time they are of no value, including told yer so platforms.

Without notifying all of them, enjoyed all your posts on this topic..

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Same guy , fury broke him , bigger and faster than AJ 

wlad found AJ easier than Tyson 

thats why he was different 

16 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Same guy , fury broke him , bigger and faster than AJ 

wlad found AJ easier than Tyson 

thats why he was different 

I wouldn't say he's faster... and as for bigger? That shouldn't matter - it didn't help that Russian when haye beat him.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I actually thought before hand that this fight had come a couple of fights too soon for AJ... it was his 19th fight and I think he's boxed less than 50 professional rounds before last night...

There wasn't a boxer in the world (currently) they would have beaten Fury that night against Wlad. He was awkward as hell and did what he needed to do to get the win.

Honestly thought AJ would come unstuck if it went past 3 last night. He rode the storm and finished the fight well. Think the tank was empty for Wlad as he should have gone for the kill in R 6. AJ was out on his feet. 

Its a shame what's happened with Fury as I think that would have been even bigger than last night.

Can he get back in ring shape ready for AJ - Yes. 

Will he - Time will tell. Smart by AJ / Hearn to call him out now, puts the pressure on Fury and if it is a summer fight, not a chance he will be in any kind of state to win unfortunately.

I think AJ will go through Fury next, probably a mandatory in the Winter, then set himself up for Parker & Wilder next year to unify the division. 

Great fight.

I had doubts over AJ as he hasnt fought anyone of substance, all his previous fights only showed that he can punch and showed zero boxing skill and finally nobody had ever really hit him.

Last night didnt really answer too much but what it did show is that he's not a quitter.  After he got floored, he didnt look like he'd beat the count for a second but he dragged himself up and survived the round (although I cant really understand with all his experience, how Wlad didnt finish him).

AJ stepped up in class and won the fight so all credit to him.

Fury is a year away so its got to be Parker or Wilder.

Personally i'd like to see him go to New Zealand and take on Parker.  I think he'd win that and then go to America, beat Wilder and then, Fury at Wembley.