Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Itll be be a draw called now.

Ritson hasn’t done enough, even with home factor

Patera deserves it for me. Expected much more from Ritson

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Only just been able to catch up on the Crawford fight, jeeez he is something special.

Would love to see him fight Spence Jr soon but hearing promotional problems could still be a problem?

Crawfords different gravy.  I don’t think Spence has a permanent promoter, he’s managed by Al Haymon, think Crawford is with Bob Arum....I’m sure I’ve seen Spence on a top rank card so that shouldn’t be a problem. Doesn’t mean it won’t be if one of them doesn’t fancy the fight.

• Like 1

As much as Khabib won fair and square in the octagon and almost certainly would again if they had a rematch, Mcgregor is the better striker and if he can't really lay a glove on Mayweather I really don't see how Khabib can ever hope to. 

I mean it's painfully obvious by now that he knows he won't win he just wants a **** off massive payday. Beyond boring. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

As much as Khabib won fair and square in the octagon and almost certainly would again if they had a rematch, Mcgregor is the better striker and if he can't really lay a glove on Mayweather I really don't see how Khabib can ever hope to. 

I mean it's painfully obvious by now that he knows he won't win he just wants a **** off massive payday. Beyond boring. 

Read this and thought surely he is taking the piss lol 

I mean I've watched him fight once but it's like you say, Connor had the better of the standing up fight. lol aint no Jui Jitsui gonna help you when Floyd is peppering you with punches.

The Fury Wilder hype train the US is quite hilarious, they kicking off at every presser. Although this is quite an entertaining listen with Tyson as, for once, he's being honest and not acting like a total Tw@t.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

7 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Read this and thought surely he is taking the piss lol 

I mean I've watched him fight once but it's like you say, Connor had the better of the standing up fight. lol aint no Jui Jitsui gonna help you when Floyd is peppering you with punches.

The Fury Wilder hype train the US is quite hilarious, they kicking off at every presser, hilarious. Although this is quite a hion==n entertaining listen with Tyson as, for once, he's being honest and not acting like a total Tw@t.

They just know Floyd is an easy target. 

Floyd will do anything for a big pay day, he will attract a big pay day, there's no shame in losing to him and he's not going to knock you out and do much damage. These UFC guys with a reasonable chin know they can just stand there, defend a bit, make a passable attempt at the odd jab and con everyone out of their hard earned. 

It'll be appalling but people will still pay to watch it en masse and everyone will be happy. If he gets to the last round he'll be a hero in Russia, hell if he just lasts as long as Conor he's a "winner."

Ita stupid. They shouldn't even give him a licence, he isn't a boxer. 

Regards Fury - wouldn't surprise me if he puts on some loveable scamp act over the next few weeks and plays the "face", letting Wilder just be the mouthy bad guy. It's always pantomime with TF ain't it really. 

Edited by Finnegan

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They just know Floyd is an easy target. 

Floyd will do anything for a big pay day, he will attract a big pay day, there's no shame in losing to him and he's not going to knock you out and do much damage. These UFC guys with a reasonable chin know they can just stand there, defend a bit, make a passable attempt at the odd jab and con everyone out of their hard earned. 

It'll be appalling but people will still pay to watch it en masse and everyone will be happy. If he gets to the last round he'll be a hero in Russia, hell if he just lasts as long as Conor he's a "winner."

Ita stupid. They shouldn't even give him a licence, he isn't a boxer. 

If it makes money they will give him a license no drama there.

I just don't get how it generates so much interest and people are so drawn in lol it's all setup as well the stoppage was tame, Connor could of carried on for 20 rounds getting punched by Mayweather but there was no way Floyd was being taken the distance by a MMA fighter.   

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

If it makes money they will give him a license no drama there.

I just don't get how it generates so much interest and people are so drawn in lol it's all setup as well the stoppage was tame, Connor could of carried on for 20 rounds getting punched by Mayweather but there was no way Floyd was being taken the distance by a MMA fighter.   

People just buy the hype. They get sold the story and the drama of it, its disappointing but it isn't new I suppose. 

I certainly won't pay for it. 

I'd pay for Wilder Fury if it wasn't Vegas mind, **** paying for a 5am fight. 

59 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I mean if you watch the original video of khabib ‘calling out’ mayweather it was clearly light hearted and he definitely wasn’t being serious. If it happens off the back of that though I don’t blame him. Would do the same. 

Having read up it's more Mayweathers reaction that makes it seem like a serious suggestion

7 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Having read up it's more Mayweathers reaction that makes it seem like a serious suggestion

I’ve not had a look at mayweathers reaction yet. But I can see it being something he pushes for if he genuinely believes it’s another 9 figure pay day. I don’t think anyone would actually be that bothered by it though to be fair. Considering he did whatever he wanted to Mcgregor.  

7 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I’ve not had a look at mayweathers reaction yet. But I can see it being something he pushes for if he genuinely believes it’s another 9 figure pay day. I don’t think anyone would actually be that bothered by it though to be fair. Considering he did whatever he wanted to Mcgregor.  

They'd get nothing like 9 figures. For that reason I would imagine when Floyd looks into the actual ins and outs of it he will realise it aint worth his time

1) the UFC thing has been done 2) Khabib's main strength is not striking which was what people used to give McGregor and psuedo chance of winning 3) Khabib has nowhere near the global profile of Connor 4) Khabib is nowhere near as good at running his mouth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

They'd get nothing like 9 figures. For that reason I would imagine when Floyd looks into the actual ins and outs of it he will realise it aint worth his time

1) the UFC thing has been done 2) Khabib's main strength is not striking which was what people used to give McGregor and psuedo chance of winning 3) Khabib has nowhere near the global profile of Connor 4) Khabib is nowhere near as good at running his mouth.

All why it shouldn’t and hopefully won’t happen. I still can’t beleive the amount of people that bet me mcgregor would win ?

18 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

That Garton v Corcoran fight was a hell of a scrap. Great stuff..

Stoppage was a little early for me given the intensity of the fight 

good boxer Garton just doesn’t have the attitude to get any further than the level he is at now.

• Like 1