Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcFc_Smiv

Sheffield Foxes

Not sure if I've posted this in the correct forum, anyway this month I'm moving to Sheffield to go Hallam university. Was just wondering if any fellow Leicester fans have a certain pub where they go and watch games on sky or anything like that, or any other popular places that they go to. Also whats the average cost for a home game, train ticket and whatever else, obviously want to attend as many home matches as usual but being on student funds I have little to no money. :D

Going into my third year at Hallam now and have my first season ticket this season.

Didn't really have a regular place to go and I think you'll be hard pressed to find one thats particularly good. I went to the union a couple times but it was dead because tuesday isn't a club night at the union. It will play championship matches on the tv's but if there's any european or prem games on the same night there's no chance of watching it there.

Also used sky player at on my halls communal TV as someone had sky at home. There's a place called the Old Monk on Norfolk street which often shows more than one game at a time so if it's on sky but not on at the union, that's a decent bet. Got sky sports in my house this year so will be watching any sky games from the comfort of my own sofa.

Train ticket return costs just over 15 quid with a 16-25 railcard.

If you're a fan of just going to the football in general, the blades do a selected few home games per season for like a fiver for students. Last year our fixture was actually one of them, but the offer was only valid in the home end so I shipped out another 10 to go in the away end.

Edited by ajthefox

Alright mate, I got to Hallam aswell. Ive always watched the city games at either the 'common room' or 'the scholar' always been a good number of city fans also there. Train to Leicester return with a student rail card is £15 odd. Sheffield is a great city for getting to Northern away games and if your keen for someone to go to with P.M me your details if you want.

Hey man yeah the common room is good loads of Screens, they do 3D matches (prem) n all.

When i can't afford to go the Walkers i usually go the Broadfield on Abbeydale road, (local) they put whatever we want on unless wed/united are playing.

I've found living in sheffield great for away games, Doncaster and Barnsley are 25mins away and Leeds / Hull an hour or so, me, my mrs and a pal drive to most of these games, so if you're stuck for a lift let us know. :thumbup:

Thanks for the replies, sounds like there are some decent places around which is encouraging, can't miss my fix of Leicester, fancy starting uni at what should be the start of the most exciting season in ages. Baker11 I've PM'd you, I'm sure I'll see you guys around at the pubs watching matches, thanks again!

• 4 months later...

Ive applied to Hallam this year (deferred entry from last year.) Is there much 6-a-side football there?

Went to Sheffield Uni a good few years ago now, but still have mates up there that play football up at Goodwin, they have very regular 6 a-side leagues especially during the week for students, if you ever fancy a game you can normally wander up there during the day and scab a game or get yourself a team organised and enter one of the day leagues or the evening leagues, there are other places to play such as the pits, but that was more expensive for shorter games.

Goodwin sports http://www.sport-sheffield.com/get-involved/by-level/intra-mural-sport/6-a-side-football

That is for the student leagues, (mainly for Uni not Hallam, but it doesn't really make a difference)

Ive applied to Hallam this year (deferred entry from last year.) Is there much 6-a-side football there?

What course are you doing?

I played down at Collegiate Campus (Ecclesall Road) last year. Can't remember if the league is run through Hallam or not (think it is but non-uni students are allowed to form teams as well) but there's a pitch on campus down there.

• 9 months later...

There's Goals up near the Norfolk Park end of town that do regular leagues.

In regards to the OP, Im in third year of Hallam too and I do generally watch most football at the flat but in first year we went to The Royal Standard a lot as in was right next to my halls (Trigon). Walkabout is good but pretty expensive and the Union does play the games too

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was a Sheffield Fox between 2008 and 2011 and will be stopping off there on Saturday.

Assuming we'll hit Spoons near the town hall for brekkie around half 9 then either go to the Cav, Dev Cat or the Tap (still up for debate!) before heading up to Hudds around half 12.

Should be a good laugh, not done a Saturday Sheffield stopover for a while. Had awful fixtures for it this season.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...