Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Legalise cannabis?

Legalise?  

487 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marijuana be legal?

• Yes
    • No

I've got to admit I don't know anyone who's turned schizophrenic, but I do know a lot of people who are dependant, or at least think they're dependant, and these aren't the type of people who work - they just sit in all day smoking weed and do absolutely nothing. I do know people who smoke and do hold down a job, and they can't get into the car to go to work unless they've had a smoke beforehand.

What I don't understand is the people on here who smoke weed and have friends that do will know people like this, yet will just post silly comments about how you're a muppet if you don't want to legalize it or other stupid comments to make them seem cool for smoking pot. It's like playground stuff.

Yes the same guy I was talking about was like that and I see your point but it doesn't affect me either way what they do.

I just wish the government would look at the issue.

Edited by lavrentis

whoever voted no is a muppet.

I don't really mind what people smoke (I'm a Beatles fan, and they took drugs and smoked as good as they could lol), as long as they are not in my face with it. But I seem to think some people are total ignorant when smoking. Yes, more people die of alcohol and pure smoking, but cannabis certainly has cardiovascular risk factors, like any/most drugs.

But I don't smoke anything, and never will.

And people are not muppet's, just because they have an opinion which you don't think is correct.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

I don't really mind what people smoke (I'm a Beatles fan, and they took drugs and smoked as good as they could lol), as long as they are not in my face with it. But I seem to think some people are total ignorant when smoking. Yes, more people die of alcohol and pure smoking, but cannabis certainly has cardiovascular risk factors, like any/most drugs.

And people are not muppet's, just because they have an opinion which you don't think is correct.

Spot on, have a +1 from me. Thats like me saying everyone who has ever smoked weed is a law breaking piece of scum and deserves to be locked up blah blah. They're clearly not scum.

It's my opinion that cannabis shouldn't be leagalised and I'm entitiled to it. John Matrix is just ignorant to that fact.

I'm also of the opinion that driving while under the influence of drugs is just as dangerous as drink driving - I think someone alluded to this in a previous post - or at least mentioned that they know people who drive under the influence of drugs.

• Like 3

they are when said opinion has no base in reality. the pro's far outweigh any cons. therefore you are a muppet. anyone with an informed opinion on the subject knows this to be true. The "War on Drugs" is a complete joke. so i reiterate. they are muppets.

i'd love to hear the reasons behind why it shouldn't be legalised. i'm sure they'll be worthwhile.

Edited by John Matrix

I don't really see why it shouldn't be legalised.

The argument of people becoming dependent on the drug us true in some cases but surely many people become dependent on prescription medicines, alcohol etc. It seems that the opinion that drugs cause mental illnesses such as Schizophrenia is a bit of fear mongering if I'm honest.

Most drugs shouldn't be banned in this country, Holland has seemed to have managed to get it right by keeping drugs legal which kind of takes the edge off it (I went to Holland and most people thought that weed was a boring drug and people in the UK only smoke it because it's illegal and probably makes people think they're cool by doing it)

Why do people feel the need to 'inject' their bodies with these drugs?

Is it to be anti-establishment, cool, part of the crowd?

At least with drink there's actually some enjoyment/pleasure from the ingestion where as most of these drugs it's an after effect situation.

Is it to be anti-establishment, cool, part of the crowd?

At least with drink there's actually some enjoyment/pleasure from the ingestion where as most of these drugs it's an after effect situation.

You gotta be on the wrong thread

look how much money the government make from tax on fags and booze. do you not think they would love to get there hands on the extra money they could get from legalising this. if theres any doubts over health implications then i feel there right not to legalise it.

Because they like the effects? I don't understand why people feel the need to be critical, to be honest.

I'm perpetually baffled by some people's attitudes towards drugs; I especially hate comments like "why do they need X to have a good time?" from people who've never bothered (and have no interest in) trying.

I completely understand that some drugs are dangerously addictive and I've never been stupid enough in my life to mess around with the like of heroin and nor could I ever be tempted, regardless of how amazing it may or may not feel. I'm not saying that everyone should go out and take drugs and my comment about legalizing everything was (whilst partially dipping in to my personal views) mostly tongue-in-cheek.

But I really hope the future of drugs and drug enforcement is more about education and breaking down views of drugs, both naive ones from users but also some of the close-minded fear that we preach as well.

At the end of the day, if someone enjoys - for example - the effects of LSD and wants to partake in the comfort and the privacy of their own home, then what harm to society is making it legal for them to do so?

• Like 4

look how much money the government make from tax on fags and booze. do you not think they would love to get there hands on the extra money they could get from legalising this. if theres any doubts over health implications then i feel there right not to legalise it.

But there isn't much in the way of health implications - particularly compared to Alcohol and Nicotine - why do you think it's legalised on a medicinal basis over in some parts of the US?

At the end of the day, if someone enjoys - for example - the effects of LSD and wants to partake in the comfort and the privacy of their own home, then what harm to society is making it legal for them to do so?

because it dont stay in the privacy of there own home.. people go out and do it, people go out to get the money illegally to do it , people go out actually on it and do things.. leaving others with the costs/trauma etc..

Legalise and tax the shit out of.

No worse than alcohol for causing antisocial behaviour or disorders that would plague the NHS and the Treasury coffers could certainly do with the massive boost a tax on this would give.

i call bullshit i can never say i wanted to go out and start a fight or get in a argument or even move after a spliff where as in alcohol its the oppisite

MAN MADE BEER GOD MADE GRASS YOU DECIDE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZqYV9KKOZQ

There's my contribution to this thread.

Weed has a great deal of medicinal properties & is no more of a health threat than booze. I see no reason for it to be illegal.

You are right when you say it has a use in health care, as it helps kill pain, and relaxes Thus, I believe controlled use in this field, to be beneficial/.

However, other than the above, only a total idiot would support it being legalized. Have you ever had to confront people using it? Well, I have, and they generally react more violently than those who are drunk.

I went on a drugs course, when with the police, and spoke to many ex addicts and current addicts, who were given the opportunity to speak openly. Without exception, they ALL blamed the first step to becoming hard drug users, on Cannabis. I've also seen and spoken many people in rehab, and it's not nice to listen to their experiences. Many of them have literally become a shell of their former selves. Their family life has been destroyed, devastating their loved ones in the process.

ANYONE, who believes in legalizing this drug, is incapable of seeing beyond the end of their nose.Being drunk is one thing, but you cannot compare it to the dangers of smoking cannabis. I just wish that you could see the awful mess, this drug can lead to. , both physically, and mentally.

• Like 2

because it dont stay in the privacy of there own home.. people go out and do it,

Different to legal drugs how?

people go out to get the money illegally to do it

I love the notion that everyone who partakes in illegal drugs must have robbed something to get the money, not possible that they could have, y'know, a job, family etc. and just do it to relax or socially - like drinking/smoking?

because it dont stay in the privacy of there own home.. people go out and do it, people go out to get the money illegally to do it , people go out actually on it and do things.. leaving others with the costs/trauma etc..

So? People go out, drunk as fucking anything, and beat the living shit out of each other, crash their cars, kill each other and cost MILLIONS yearly in damages. That isn't legal, either.

One assumes that legalization of a host of casual drugs would still make it illegal to be dangerously under the influence in public and a disturbance to your environment.

Edited by Finnegan