Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lavrentis

Legalise cannabis?

Legalise?  

468 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Marijuana be legal?

    • Yes
      280
    • No
      188


Recommended Posts

:D Just went back and looked through this thread, some of you have literally been arguing about this for 9 years! I hope they legalise it just so you can go to bed...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

There's literally no reason for weed not to be legal, because alcohol is legal. I would say alcohol is more damaging than weed in every way possible, and yet it is a cornerstone of our society. "Weed can be bad for you if you build a dependance on it" obviously it is bad if you build a dependance on it! Just like nicotine and alcohol and every other kind of drug that you can build a dependance on. 

 

Its a terrible argument because if alcohol wasn't so heavily interwoven into our lives and culture through hundreds of years of use it would be obviously be banned. Banning something that has always been legal isn't the same as legalising something that is banned. 

 

This thing that can have terrible effects on people is legal, because it has been a big part of our society for hundreds of years, isn't an argument for this thing that can have terrible effects on people being made legal now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fully support legislation but in my experience stoners are so tedious

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It smells fecking horrendous so for that reason keep it banned. :D

 

On a serious note I couldn't care less although several people keep suggesting it for my godawful knees.

Edited by pds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Fully support legislation but in my experience stoners are so tedious

Legalise cannabis, ban its users :thumbup:

#freecannabis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted no when I first saw this but having tried it I would now change my mind. It helps relax and if alcohol isn't illegal then weed shouldn't be either. When it comes to decriminalizing has it worked well where it has happened?

Edited by Fightforever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anybody on here looked into using organic herbs/teas as an alternative to tobacco in their spliffs?  I've been experimenting a bit the last couple days with chamomile and mullein, I'm not a huge fan of how the latter burns or its aftertaste but the chamomile is absolutely gorgeous.  Smooth smoke and I swear it makes you sleep better (plus it's cheaper than baccy).  Currently settled on a chamomile/baccy/weed ratio of 1:1:2 for a good mix of burn and flavour, I can imagine it makes for a tasty vape mix too (without the baccy of course).

 

I have a few other bags of things on the way to try out (lavender, peppermint, bubblegum) but if anybody has recommendations I'm all ears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Has anybody on here looked into using organic herbs/teas as an alternative to tobacco in their spliffs?  I've been experimenting a bit the last couple days with chamomile and mullein, I'm not a huge fan of how the latter burns or its aftertaste but the chamomile is absolutely gorgeous.  Smooth smoke and I swear it makes you sleep better (plus it's cheaper than baccy).  Currently settled on a chamomile/baccy/weed ratio of 1:1:2 for a good mix of burn and flavour, I can imagine it makes for a tasty vape mix too (without the baccy of course).

 

I have a few other bags of things on the way to try out (lavender, peppermint, bubblegum) but if anybody has recommendations I'm all ears.

I came across Raspberry leaf (I think) once or twice through pals, that wasn't too bad.

Annoyingly I'm so used to tobacco in it, it feels like it's missing something if I don't get that nicotine too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Has anybody on here looked into using organic herbs/teas as an alternative to tobacco in their spliffs?  I've been experimenting a bit the last couple days with chamomile and mullein, I'm not a huge fan of how the latter burns or its aftertaste but the chamomile is absolutely gorgeous.  Smooth smoke and I swear it makes you sleep better (plus it's cheaper than baccy).  Currently settled on a chamomile/baccy/weed ratio of 1:1:2 for a good mix of burn and flavour, I can imagine it makes for a tasty vape mix too (without the baccy of course).

 

I have a few other bags of things on the way to try out (lavender, peppermint, bubblegum) but if anybody has recommendations I'm all ears.

Literally ditched the mixer and just bought a pipe. Best decision I ever made. No more messing about trying to roll. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Literally ditched the mixer and just bought a pipe. Best decision I ever made. No more messing about trying to roll. lol


As in a tobacco pipe? My friend got one to smoke weed for a birthday years ago and he could barely get it to burn lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Finnaldo said:


As in a tobacco pipe? My friend got one to smoke weed for a birthday years ago and he could barely get it to burn lol 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Metal-Smoking-Portable-Magnet-Silver/dp/B07BQTRXP5/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=Pipe&qid=1590587637&sr=8-13

 

One of those. Dunno if I can link it but it's sold on amazon so I'll wait for a mod to moan and take it down if it breaks any rules. 

 

Magnetic so you just take it apart and throw it in the sink to wash. Easy. Also got one of those flamethrower thingies for toasting soufflés to light it. :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Innovindil said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Metal-Smoking-Portable-Magnet-Silver/dp/B07BQTRXP5/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=Pipe&qid=1590587637&sr=8-13

 

One of those. Dunno if I can link it but it's sold on amazon so I'll wait for a mod to moan and take it down if it breaks any rules. 

 

Magnetic so you just take it apart and throw it in the sink to wash. Easy. Also got one of those flamethrower thingies for toasting soufflés to light it. :D


Ahh nothing like my mate’s cheap wooden pipe then! I’ll have to show my smoking mates :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Literally ditched the mixer and just bought a pipe. Best decision I ever made. No more messing about trying to roll. lol

I enjoy rolling, I'll make a little ceremony out of it and end up with a spliff to toke on gradually over an hour or so whereas the pipe experience is over too quickly and before you know it you're packing another bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure it would be shrewd and cheaper,Saving millions  to legalise all drugs,start out with areas,like the Old Amsterdam red Light district..

Have detox clinics,Safe houses and Police it...With specials. see the prices and needs go down,Spit in the Eye of the devil,then you have no traffickers,pushers,

Or Drug gang wars,then go to war on unclean drug mixes,financed from within...

 

Britain is an Island,use that to your strengths,and up the Customs financially and with Frontline staff ,rescources inland & coastal. A Fleet of boats.

Hardened airport control,und Stronger Deportation rules,and search regulations for all UK citizens. Invest more Money in immediate Detection tests for Customs control,become more sophisticated than the criminal...

 

This was the idea of my then  Girlfriend nearly 40years ago,who First went in a detox clinic and care.Sie came from a Good solid Middle Class family,who Welcomed a W.class young Rebel into their family,with no airs or graces Intentions boundaries ,she had marvellous Mam & Dad. Carolynne was her name,

The last Time she succumbed,her Father called me,I was in Leeds. After all our Previous hard work,believing we had her over the worse, >5 months clean<

Showing no Suttle traits,moments of deceit which One can quickly Pick upon that she would fall back again  into the abyss. I found her with help from 2 Police buddies,and a Nurse- friend,who had cared for her previously.

She died in my arms before we could do anything,Her Mother & Father somehow knew or felt if she went & Fell again off the wagon,they would lose her.

 

Though distraught the parents with her Brother & sister,still found time for me,they appreciated I also tried my damnest to get and Keep her clean,even understanding I was Knowledgable and knew some of that mileu,and bad company. 

My friends detested any known peoples in this then seemingly new vice to our streets.

 

There were some Real Rough and ready hardened Petty or GBA ready  criminals.They too despised the then hardened drugs groups,enough Internal rumbles,

took place trying to defend some Silly ethic or etiquette.  I remember some hard Drug pushers,being Chased und beaten up and out of

many a Night club even Local pubs...( How times have Changed).  The sorry thing about this Carolynne,picked  her soft use from Uni,und went to the hard stuff,

Not from the streets,but weak toffee-nosed,respected M.class,even gentry society bumkins. ( her words,Not mine).

Her unconsolable parents,und Family split from some of their so called friends because of it....Carolynne had gone to a house-party,that started the end of her last

12 hours....

 

sorry but just a Short last Highlight und story of one beautiful girl,from many,who Couldnt realise their future,because of a Society civil war,thats been allowed to run out of all control....!!!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Innovindil said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Metal-Smoking-Portable-Magnet-Silver/dp/B07BQTRXP5/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=Pipe&qid=1590587637&sr=8-13

 

One of those. Dunno if I can link it but it's sold on amazon so I'll wait for a mod to moan and take it down if it breaks any rules. 

 

Magnetic so you just take it apart and throw it in the sink to wash. Easy. Also got one of those flamethrower thingies for toasting soufflés to light it. :D

 

6 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I enjoy rolling, I'll make a little ceremony out of it and end up with a spliff to toke on gradually over an hour or so whereas the pipe experience is over too quickly and before you know it you're packing another bowl.

 

I've got a small pipe similar to the one above. Handy and convenient but I do sometimes enjoy rolling and a spliff is definitely more enjoyable. 

 

It's also a lot easier when you run out and are scraping all of the pollen out of your grinder to make sure there's enough of the stuff to smoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

 

 

I've got a small pipe similar to the one above. Handy and convenient but I do sometimes enjoy rolling and a spliff is definitely more enjoyable. 

 

It's also a lot easier when you run out and are scraping all of the pollen out of your grinder to make sure there's enough of the stuff to smoke.

Fair, not so much an issue for me (touch wood), if heaven forbid my supply does run dry there's usually a few months' worth of scrapings to tide me over until the re-up, tend to get a few nice keefy bifters out of it :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/04/2020 at 22:26, Nicolo Barella said:

:D Just went back and looked through this thread, some of you have literally been arguing about this for 9 years! I hope they legalise it just so you can go to bed...

Ha if only it was 9 years, had my first smoke in 1978.. and been fighting for legal ever since 😁

On 24/04/2020 at 02:45, pds said:

It smells fecking horrendous so for that reason keep it banned. :D

 

On a serious note I couldn't care less although several people keep suggesting it for my godawful knees.

Your knees will love you for it, joint and muscle pain reduction is it's 2 ND best outcome.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...