Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Rap & Hip Hop

Saw Skepta at Wireless & it went absolutely crazy when he was brought on to do Shutdown.

JME must be one of the funniest artists out there. His lyrics have me in stitches at times!

I was at Wireless too. Shutdown was the highlight of the whole weekend. Absolutely smashed it.

Vic Mensa- U Mad, would post but I have no idea how to do proper video links on the phone :( anyway decent track with a nice segment by Kanye.

Agree with the stuff in terms of Grime, Way Too Much by Fekky and Skepta is a great track. These are definitely two of my favourites at the minute.

It's so weird to me that Grime music is cool now

I think it's just a phase for people like house music was

I know what you mean, it'll probably die down soon. I've loved grime for ages though so even if it does it won't affect my listening of it.

Just nice to see Skepta doing big things with Kanye and Drake, seeing JME blow up, novelist, stormzy all coming through. Some really good songs around right now

yeah it's weird. man remembers year 10 French doing "what is your favourite music?" there wasn't even a French word for grime. lundi à dimanche comme bbk.

also odd that wiley has almost been left behind in this worldwide movement despite being the godfather of grime.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cunninglynguists - A Piece of strange

Absolutely love this album, and even though it's nearly 10 years old, it's still as good as the first time I heard it. Tracks 'Since When', ' Hellfire', and the instrumental 'Remember Me' really stand out for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWUO94g011Q

Dilated Peoples - The Platform

I can't believe it's been 15 years since this beauty was released too. One of the few albums where I can genuinely listen to every single track on it. Remember first hearing them on Josh Petty's section on the USD 'Coup d'etat' skate video, and never looked back. good times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgFDyjT9S0w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxL0ZmcZQJ8

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...