Sign in to follow this  
Kilworthfox

Rap & Hip Hop

On 10.11.2016 at 14:53, Samilktray said:

New Tribe Called Quest album is bloody wonderful 

It's also highly likely going to be the last one with fresh tracks - everything else to follow will just be commemorative efforts.

Can't repeat it often enough: R.I.P. Phife Dawg.

There is a group currently blowing up called Brockhampton. Group of 12 or so musicians and producers, so many styles and their album Saturation is all I am listening to at the moment. They have drawn some similarities to Odd Future - but I think these are a lot better and will be bigger. 

On 6/1/2013 at 17:32, Unabomber said:

Does anyone here like Logic? 

Caught his weekend VMA performance after someone retweeted it, never heard of him before but it was quality.

Even though rap/hip hop makes up a very small percentage of my collection I think the last few years have been great.  What I love about this genre is it's always changing, evolving, pushing new sounds and new styles, I wish a lot of other genres of music would do the same.

On 8/29/2017 at 14:00, Samilktray said:

Logic is properly crap tbh

Don't profess to know much about this genre other than the obvious names, but I've quite enjoyed the Everybody album, been on repeat after seeing his VMA performance and been pretty impressed. His style of rap I'm not usually keen on either, but I find it an easy listen.

Can you recommend me a few I can listen to? I like watch the throne, twisted fantasy, 808's type stuff.

12 hours ago, Babylon said:

Don't profess to know much about this genre other than the obvious names, but I've quite enjoyed the Everybody album, been on repeat after seeing his VMA performance and been pretty impressed. His style of rap I'm not usually keen on either, but I find it an easy listen.

Can you recommend me a few I can listen to? I like watch the throne, twisted fantasy, 808's type stuff.

Have you listened to Kendrick Lamar? He's pretty much the benchmark as in the 'mainstream' now. Damn is a great album but Action Bronson's latest album may be my favourite of the year so far

Been listening to a lot of Tupac recently. Never been any better than him imo

Edited by foxfanazer