Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Rap & Hip Hop

What the fact that you don't know what the difference between rap and hip hop, and how hip hop provides the melody with backing vocals etc.

If you're not a fan of hip hop nor rap, and want to make dismissive comments, fire away! There's nothing like close-mindedness.

No i like some of it....no melody makes me sad....and makes most tracks cold and unmoving...no soul. :(

• 4 weeks later...

saw on rough trades twitter on saturday they were having a Q&A with Chuck D from Public Enemy on Monday, thought nothing else to do might take a trip down.

was only ment to be chuck D but arriving early saw both Chuck and Flav getting out a car massive clock as well

anyway after talking and talking questions for about an hour they played 45mins of hits including Fight the Power, 911 etc to about 70 people with live mixing from DJ Lord

totally amazing experience to meet and shake hands with such a musical icon and he's such a top bloke as well, still buzzin now

298810_10151210373513799_6889877_n.jpg

Edited by Jay

saw on rough trades twitter on saturday they were having a Q&A with Chuck D from Public Enemy on Monday, thought nothing else to do might take a trip down.

was only ment to be chuck D but arriving early saw both Chuck and Flav getting out a car massive clock as well

anyway after talking and talking questions for about an hour they played 45mins of hits including Fight the Power, 911 etc to about 70 people with live mixing from DJ Lord

totally amazing experience to meet and shake hands with such a musical icon and he's such a top bloke as well, still buzzin now

298810_10151210373513799_6889877_n.jpg

That sounds quality. I've listened to a lot of Public enemy lately, well hip hop in genereal, were they nice guys?

I remember watching a clip where Chuck D said he wanted Public Enemy to be like a black version of The Clash, or something along those lines.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...