City1884

Simon Cox

I don't exactly know if he is the type of player we need right now, as I would have thouht we would be more interested in a "Target Man" style striker to hold up play for the likes of Dave Nugent, however............................................................

From Sky Sports news:

"West Bromwich Albion forward Simon Cox has conceded that he might need to move away from the club in January. The Republic of Ireland international believes he will have to play regular football in order to stand any chance of travelling with his country to the European Championships next summer."

In the past, Nigel Pearson has shown an Interest in Cox, although that was before the signings of Nugent, Beckford, and emergence of Schlupp. Could he be tempted to renew an interest in January??? Also, would it be a level that Cox would be interested to play at??? and would there be any other Premiership clubs interested in him?? and would Cox feel he would get regular football here???

It's an interesting one.......................

"West Bromwich Albion forward Simon Cox has conceded that he might need to move away from the club in January. The Republic of Ireland international believes he will have to play regular football in order to stand any chance of travelling with his country to the European Championships next summer."

Should have come to Leicester instead of West Brom :whistle::ph34r:

What about chris wood at brum ? 20 years of age, played at world cup.10 goals this season (1 tonight). On loan from WBA, brum potless.

WBA is his parent club he is only on loan at Birmingham, having said that we should bid for him don't think he would be too costly.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/cox-plots-a-switch-to-leicester-2957995.html?

By Aidan Fitzmaurice

Thursday December 08 2011

SIMON COX could be in line for a move to Leicester City as the Ireland striker is desperate to get first-team football.

The 24-year-old has started just three games for West Brom this season, and he admits that he's anxious to play.

Foxes boss Nigel Pearson could make a bid to land the striker in the transfer window next month.

"I'm never happy when I'm not playing," said Cox. "I would like to play more and it might be something I have to look at in the Christmas period.

"I might have to look at what I do but it'll be a decision made then, not anytime soon.

"If that is to happen then it'll be a decision that suits everyone concerned. It's a decision that'll be made further down the line.

"I'm never happy when I'm not playing," said Cox. "I would like to play more and it might be something I have to look at in the Christmas period.

Would he get a consistent starting place with us? I'm not so sure.

If we do sign Cox and Jelavic, Howard and Waghorn's days are surely numbered

no way could see us singing both cox and jelavic..

cox is on about moving as he dont get enough starts now, so why would he come here to be one of 4 strikers ??

same as jelavic also, cant see him wanting to go from number 1 striker to one of 4.. however good the wages would be.

no way could see us singing both cox and jelavic..

cox is on about moving as he dont get enough starts now, so why would he come here to be one of 4 strikers ??

same as jelavic also, cant see him wanting to go from number 1 striker to one of 4.. however good the wages would be.

So possiblly Jelavic is our No1 target and Cox is second in line?

What about chris wood at brum ? 20 years of age, played at world cup.10 goals this season (1 tonight). On loan from WBA, brum potless.

Good player but I want Billy Sharp

I'd take both of these players. Chris Wood seems to be a fairly complete player; he is tall but can also finish and seems quite fast. It depends how much West Brom rate him though I suppose. Also, I think we should make a bid for Billy Sharp. I know he didn't have the best of times at Sheffield United (both times around!), but, he does score a fair amount of goals for Doncaster, in a fairly poor team. I think he scored 15 goals (maybe even more) in the last two season's.

Failing that, Nicky Maynard would be worth a bid, again!

Archived