Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesAreBlue

Formula 1 thread 2012

lol loved Massa's version of the Truli train. Made for an interesting end to the race.

Some ridiculous team **** ups today though, namely Schumey and Jenson being done by pit stops. Not sure whether Kimi was on an awful strategy or just a victim of bad tire management but he's a season behind the rest of the pack when it comes to these tires so you can expect some adjustment.

lol loved Massa's version of the Truli train. Made for an interesting end to the race.

Some ridiculous team **** ups today though, namely Schumey and Jenson being done by pit stops. Not sure whether Kimi was on an awful strategy or just a victim of bad tire management but he's a season behind the rest of the pack when it comes to these tires so you can expect some adjustment.

Awful Strategy. They made him do 28 laps on one set of tyres.

Made me laugh when his radio said "Alonso is a different strategy to you, let him pass." I think the different strategy might have been that Alonso was driving his car as quickly as possible.

Thoroughly enjoyable race - congratulations to Rosberg.

I get the impression that Hamilton has matured as a racer, steadily accumulating points without the need for any questionable moves.

He'll probably now go and T-bone someone at Turn 1 in Bahrain now I've said that.

What has happened to Red Bull?

They never had the fastest car, they just had sensational down-force. Now partly everyone else has caught up but also the ban on exhaust blown diffusers has taken away what gave them so much of that down-force.

They never had the fastest car, they just had sensational down-force. Now partly everyone else has caught up but also the ban on exhaust blown diffusers has taken away what gave them so much of that down-force.

Which means they had the fastest car. :P

he meant straight line speed and actually they didn't, at the end of last season McLaren was faster but their down force meant they struggled to get by them in the corner but once ahead they left them behind

What a fantastic season so far. 3 different winners from 3 different teams

Which is great, really.

That only happened as recently as 2010, but if Red Bull were to win in Bahrain and make it 4 different winning teams from the first 4 races. That hasn't happened since 1983; where a Brabham, McLaren, Renault and Ferrari won the first four races.

Yeah so Bahrain is safe enough for a Grand Prix...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17767985

Four Force India team members were involved in a violent incident on their way back from the Bahrain Grand Prix track on Wednesday.

A fire bomb landed near their vehicle in a traffic jam. They continued unharmed after about three minutes.

A spokesman said they were not the target of the attack, which took place on the outskirts of the capital Manama at about 8pm local time.

One team member not involved in the incident has asked to return to the UK.

Monaco GP organisers announce track changes for 2012 race

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98975

Monaco Grand Prix organisers have announced several changes that have been made to the track around the streets of Monte Carlo to improve safety.

The main changes feature around the chicane just after the exit of the tunnel, where Sergio Perez suffered a concussion after crashing heavily in qualifying last year.

The track surface on the approach to the chicane has been levelled out, after a laser study of the road revealed changes as big as 20cm in the height of the track in the braking area.

In addition, the wall that Perez hit has been pushed back a further 14.6 metres.

The other significant changes feature around the pit exit, which has been widened and straightened by removing some trees to allow cars to rejoin the track at a higher speed than before.

Other modifications include the laying of high-grip surfaces as used at Paul Ricard in some escape roads, and tyre barriers being replaced with TecPro barriers - like the one Perez hit – at St Devote and the Swimming Pool section.

A statement from the Automobile Club de Monaco said: "Safety is an abiding concern for the Monaco Grand Prix organisers.

"The various measures implemented above aim to put the safety of drivers and public first and demonstrate a continued will to modernise the circuit."

Monaco is the most boring GP of the year, wish they'd drop that instead of some of the better 1s that have gone

Agreed but it will never happen, too much history. That said, if it was put forward as a new track in this day and age it would never be allowed to go ahead either.

Last year wasn't too bad though.

**** Bahrain this year. I'm loving the quotes coming out.. (paraphrasing here) "Fans don't need to worry, they can still come and enjoy and race. The Force India mechanics were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, they weren't being targeted".

So, er, how is that in any way safe?

Bernie has just offered to stay at the track until 1am and go in the cars with the Force India drivers back to their hotel.

I'm not being funny but down the year's I've been caught up accidentally in worse football violence than anything those mechanics endured the other day.

And just like them I was not involved in the trouble so was not in any danger.

Force India are making a mountain out of a mole hill in my opinion.

The simple fact of the matter is that F1 is and always has been the least PC sport. As isaidno says, all Bernie is interested is in, which is why F1 visits any tinpot dictatorship that's willing to put its hand in its pocket. This shouldn't just be about safety, it should be about ethics too, but F1 knows little of that.

The simple fact of the matter is that F1 is and always has been the least PC sport. As isaidno says, all Bernie is interested is in, which is why F1 visits any tinpot dictatorship that's willing to put its hand in its pocket. This shouldn't just be about safety, it should be about ethics too, but F1 knows little of that.

Ethics of what?

There we terrible riots here last August, should our GP also be cancelled?

Archived