Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesAreBlue

Formula 1 thread 2012

I'd be quite happy with that.

As much as I admire Massa, he didn't make the podium at all last year and I wouldn't rule him out him failing to make the points this.

Perez would be fantastic because he's really young, obviously talented and has a big, race-winning future ahead of him. Would be especially happy considering Ferrari have recently been linked with the likes of Mark Webber for next season - which I think completely lacks any long-term ambition.

Ideally, I'd still love Kubica to be given a shot if he can return to full fitness.

But Perez would be a great shout :D

What a performance from Alonso and Perez. Both completely out performing their cars.

I fancy a magnum...

Aoz_baHCEAAMQIb.jpg

A message that Lotus sent out to all the media guys before this mornings race.

Hahahaha lol

What a fantastic race, loved it! :D

And Perez is awesome. Definitely take him at Ferrari next year :P

Alonso top of the drivers' championship? lol lol lol

Only McLaren can have such a car advantage for the first two races, be 1-2 on the grid both times and still manage to be second best. lol

Hahahaha lol

What a fantastic race, loved it! :D

And Perez is awesome. Definitely take him at Ferrari next year :P

Alonso top of the drivers' championship? lol lol lol

Only McLaren can have such a car advantage for the first two races, be 1-2 on the grid both times and still manage to be second best. lol

Just to clarify, Massa isn't your favourite anymore?

He's a nice guy, and he's in a crap car at the minute - sure.

But Fernando can go and get results from it and maximise the opportunities, whilst Felipe is statistically behind Marussia' Charles Pic in the drivers' standings. Frustrating.

The question emerging is, if this is going to continue, surely it's beneficial to replace him with someone who can be more competitive? I hate to say it and I'd love to see him go out on a high, but it's fair to say that it looks like a season of fighting with Force India's and Williams' at the minute.

I don't buy that the car is crap, I'm sorry. Alonso is one of the best drivers in the world but he's not that much better than the rest of the field that he's going to roll to a comfortable victory in a HRT. The car may not be the fastest on the grid but it's still strong and Massa does not deserve to be in it.

I don't give a **** if he's "nice" or not, save that for your wet dreams. Alonso isn't nice, he's a ****. Massa has been consistently poor since his accident, whether or not it's the cause or just a coincidence I don't know and, at the end of the day, is an irrelevance.

He's lower-midfield at best these days and the fact he's got a top drive while the likes of Perez, Kobayashi, Petrov, Hulkenbeg and probably even Kovalainen pit it out in lesser cars is a joke. Get him in a Caterham out of the way.

I don't buy that the car is crap, I'm sorry. Alonso is one of the best drivers in the world but he's not that much better than the rest of the field that he's going to roll to a comfortable victory in a HRT. The car may not be the fastest on the grid but it's still strong and Massa does not deserve to be in it.

I don't give a **** if he's "nice" or not, save that for your wet dreams. Alonso isn't nice, he's a ****. Massa has been consistently poor since his accident, whether or not it's the cause or just a coincidence I don't know and, at the end of the day, is an irrelevance.

He's lower-midfield at best these days and the fact he's got a top drive while the likes of Perez, Kobayashi, Petrov, Hulkenbeg and probably even Kovalainen pit it out in lesser cars is a joke. Get him in a Caterham out of the way.

NO! not Caterham, I actually want them to do well, put him in a Marussia or HRT :P

Sensational drive by Perez today. This season is really exciting so far. The midfield pack is very closely matched this season. 9 teams scored points today.

On the subject of Massa. I think it was giving up the win to Alonso in Germany that has demoralised him. Started 2010 ok

All in all i don't think McLaren or Red Bull will be too upset with the result from this weekend. Rain always throws up a wildcard and a little bit of luck for or against you will prove decisive, it just wasn't their race. Congratulations to Perez and Sauber who really should have devoured Alonso toward the end but for an agonising error (twice Alonso has escaped a fate similar to that toward the end of a Grand Prix this season)

The real disappointment must be for Mercedes however, looking great during practice and qualifying but can't find to catch any sort of pace on race day once again.

On the subject of Massa. I think it was giving up the win to Alonso in Germany that has demoralised him. Started 2010 ok

Pretty much this.

Of course the bang to the head in 2009 was a big factor but what really killed his confidence and standing in the team was Germany 2010. After that race he had no fight left in him.

The best thing Massa can do is get out of Ferrari as soon as possible (although that decision may be taken out of his hands) and find another team lower down the grid that will appreciate him. I genuinely believe that Massa still has something positive to offer.

Actually I think Red Bull managed that for the first quarter of 2010. Since you clearly missed qualifying yesterday there isn't a massive advantage at all, the top four teams (McLaren, Lotus, Mercedes and Red Bull) were covered by 0.4. McLaren's race pace so far seems to be on par, if not worse than the likes of Red Bull.

Also, 2nd best?

FIA Formula 1 constructors' world championship

Last updated: Sunday, 25 March 2012 12:04 UK Position Team Points 1 McLaren-Mercedes 55

A win and two third places so far? I guess we can afford to have a race like Button did today so long as Ferrari keep hold of Massa. I think its actually worth a punt that Massa won't score a Championship point this season. McLaren Red Bull Lotus Sauber FI and Williams are all quicker than you in the dry, the only way you're gonna get into the top 3/4 this season is if the famous Ferrari do the rain dance all year lol

Or if you have a McLaren-like development gain*

British driver James Calado won the GP2 race today, really talented driver. Followed him since he was in Formula Renault UK :englandsmile4wf:

I hadn't heard about him until he won the feature race at Abu Dhabi last season. I was impressed when I found out it was his debut event in GP2!

Hope he does well and gets himself an F1 seat in the next couple of years.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived