Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

80s Classics

11 hours ago, Buce said:

I have a certain amount of sentimental attachment to it, CF, so I'm probably biased.

I was casually acquainted with Chris and Glenn and I saw them perform an impromptu acoustic version at one of my late brother's parties. It was a brilliant evening and one of the last times I saw him alive.

Scrolling through and reading this I thought you were on about Chris Waddle and Glenn Hoddle.

Diamond lights now theres an 80s classic!

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

Scrolling through and reading this I thought you were on about Chris Waddle and Glenn Hoddle.

Diamond lights now theres an 80s classic!

I had to google that.

I shudder at the thought. lol

On 03/09/2016 at 17:35, Alf Bentley said:

Now, Buce, you've gone and reminded me of this one....

(Technically 1970s, but a logical follow-in):

Now this is a discovery.  I've been listening to music by a band called The KGB for well over a decade and yet until I saw this post I was completely unaware that one of their songs which I've always considered original content was in fact a mandatory 80's song cover.

10 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Now this is a discovery.  I've been listening to music by a band called The KGB for well over a decade and yet until I saw this post I was completely unaware that one of their songs which I've always considered original content was in fact a mandatory 80's song cover.

So, now you know, Carl, which version do you prefer?

On 05/09/2016 at 10:54, Buce said:

So, now you know, Carl, which version do you prefer?

Considering I've only just discovered the original my innate bias is heavily swung towards the cover version.  Which isn't to say I don't enjoy listening to the mellower Squeeze version, it's just... different.  You're more likely to get a meaningful, non-evasive answer out of me in a few months when my ears are equally familiar with both versions of the song.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Bunnymen and Martha and the muffins should have been swapped but it's such a pain in the arse to edit posts.

Funny how your perceptions change as you get older. Ian McCulloch looks like a kid in those vids.