Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boring_jester

The Walking Dead

Holy sh1t!

Just watched episode 4 online, it's a good one!

Gets the pulse going that's all ill say!

This series has a great way of making you feel frustrated for them, that they can't have one day without event. Be a boring watch if they got up and made some cereal though I suppose!

Hence the "8 months later" for series 3...

Errrm... Just finished the episode.

And Rick's Wife death was pointless as the baby will surely die without her. I don't believe an All-Male prison would be highly stocked with Baby Formula!?

Edited by Phube

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd bring back this topic. But has anyone watched Season 3 yet?

If not I won't spoil anything but it's the best season so far, by a long shot. Such a good story line, with new character being introduced and some pure evil ones too. This is what I want in a TV series, it engages and is way more entertaining than the second series which I thought was pretty damn good.

One final note, I god damn hate mid-season breaks/ finales, gotta wait till February now. It left it on such a good cliff-hanger. And!!!! To make matters worse we're all going to be dead by the 22nd of December so I'll never know what's going to happen in the series :mad:

Thought I'd bring back this topic. But has anyone watched Season 3 yet?

If not I won't spoil anything but it's the best season so far, by a long shot. Such a good story line, with new character being introduced and some pure evil ones too. This is what I want in a TV series, it engages and is way more entertaining than the second series which I thought was pretty damn good.

One final note, I god damn hate mid-season breaks/ finales, gotta wait till February now. It left it on such a good cliff-hanger. And!!!! To make matters worse we're all going to be dead by the 22nd of December so I'll never know what's going to happen in the series :mad:

i just have the Finale to watch should watch it tonight. I agree it was been the best series so far. I also agree with you about mid seasons so frustrating!! i watch a programme called revolution and that is 'having a break' until APRIL!!!

Just caught up, phew, was only going to watch one tonight, but how could I not watch the last one, now I have to wait 'til feb, motherfvckers.

@Brenfox, not sure how they are screened in the UK, I watch online, so maybe FX hasn't shown the last one before the break, it is episode 8 and it's a doozy.

BTW is anyone else a bit sick of the old we can't kill them yet shit after they've been bitten, it is getting a little old hat, and surely by now everyone must realise what it is they need to do.

Also is anyone else sick of them advertising the next episode over the end credits, you are left with a big cliff hanger and then they tell you pretty much what is going to happen...

Anyway loving the new series, but I kinda hope it is the last, don't want to see it milked and there are only so many plots left, any fans of the graphic novels on here? I know that a lot of this season was taken from them, is there much more? Do the graphic novels maintain their quality or fade off?

Just caught up, phew, was only going to watch one tonight, but how could I not watch the last one, now I have to wait 'til feb, motherfvckers.

@Brenfox, not sure how they are screened in the UK, I watch online, so maybe FX hasn't shown the last one before the break, it is episode 8 and it's a doozy.

BTW is anyone else a bit sick of the old we can't kill them yet shit after they've been bitten, it is getting a little old hat, and surely by now everyone must realise what it is they need to do.

Also is anyone else sick of them advertising the next episode over the end credits, you are left with a big cliff hanger and then they tell you pretty much what is going to happen...

Anyway loving the new series, but I kinda hope it is the last, don't want to see it milked and there are only so many plots left, any fans of the graphic novels on here? I know that a lot of this season was taken from them, is there much more? Do the graphic novels maintain their quality or fade off?

It will no way be the last series, it is one of the most watched TV shows on cable at the minute plus if they follow the comics then there will be loads yet i have read a few of them and no it just gets better and better if you ask me!

I agree with the bit at the end of the episodes though as it gives away the cliff hanger every time!

It will no way be the last series, it is one of the most watched TV shows on cable at the minute plus if they follow the comics then there will be loads yet i have read a few of them and no it just gets better and better if you ask me!

I agree with the bit at the end of the episodes though as it gives away the cliff hanger every time!

I'd just rather see it go out on a high rather than get milked to death by the US TV execs like every other promising US show.

I'd just rather see it go out on a high rather than get milked to death by the US TV execs like every other promising US show.

totally agree, the amount of shows they have ruined just because they have decent ratings! or on the other hand good shows that haven't finished because they haven't got decent ratings!

• Like 1

You could get more than three decent series out of it, you've already got tried and tested story lines in the comic books which were good enough to make the franchise popular in the first place.

I should imagine it'll tail off before it fades away but at the minute it's as good as it has been.

• 2 months later...

2nd half of this season been excellent so far,David Morrissey is great as The Governor

He is! He's such a bastard!

I find watching these episodes lately so frustrating yet so addictive! You actually want something good to go their way but it never does :D

You just wanna put a bullet in the governors head yourself!

I've read all the graphic novels, but I've only watched the first season of TWD because I was reading through all the graphic novels at the time and it was a bit weird trying to follow both at the same time.

As for the plot lines in the graphic novel; yeah, there's some good mileage to be gotten out of the story yet - without wanting to reveal any potential spoilers, I'd say the current storyline in the TV show is about 50% of the way through the graphic novel storyline, so there's still plenty of material to work with - or they could do something completely different than the book.

• 4 weeks later...

The director has said his favourite episode since the beginning will be the 12th episode of this season.

Episode 12 is a cracker. Personally I've really enjoyed the 2 after it more. The meeting between Rick and The The Governor and now tonight's with him chasing Andrea is superb, thrilling all the way. I'm enjoying this season so much more than 2 and it's ramping up to a big finale.