Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

2 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Ditto! You just knew they'd score a winner the moment they equalised. Hell of a game either way. 

Yea, inter did well with 10. I thought it would turn abit messy after the red. Nothing changes for napoli though. Need to win just hope they can pull this off

• Like 1

Fiorentina seem to be handing the title to their bitter rivals. I think most knew it was always going to be Juve's to lose, but disappointing that it probably won't go to the final day - still a darn sight more competitive than the English, French and German title races this season regardless.

6 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Fiorentina seem to be handing the title to their bitter rivals. I think most knew it was always going to be Juve's to lose, but disappointing that it probably won't go to the final day - still a darn sight more competitive than the English, French and German title races this season regardless.

It's been fairly easy for Barca too. Terrible year all round for title races.

As much as I prefer Bayern to their competitors hopefully Kovac struggles a bit next year to at least make it interesting. There's rumours about Allegri and Sarri leaving so hopefully that blows open with resurgent Milan clubs, Roma and Lazio. You'd expect a closer race over here than this season and I'd imagine Real Madrid won't be as poor domestically again. It'll surely be a procession for PSG again but you need know.

8 hours ago, Wookie said:

It's been fairly easy for Barca too. Terrible year all round for title races.

As much as I prefer Bayern to their competitors hopefully Kovac struggles a bit next year to at least make it interesting. There's rumours about Allegri and Sarri leaving so hopefully that blows open with resurgent Milan clubs, Roma and Lazio. You'd expect a closer race over here than this season and I'd imagine Real Madrid won't be as poor domestically again. It'll surely be a procession for PSG again but you need know.

Absolutely - you can see why the top clubs are so desperate for European success, particularly Bayern and PSG, when it's their only real competitive challenge all season. 

Can only hope that you're correct in terms of the managerial changes affecting the league titles next season - would be great to see a three horse race in at least one of the leagues. Even our own hasn't been competitive down to the last couple of games since the year Liverpool blew up I'd guess?  

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Ibra just got sent off for slapping a player round the head after they accidentally stepped on his foot lol 

Was too funny.

The cocky ibra stuff wont work in MLS i forsee a yank pummelling him in no time.

On 22/05/2018 at 02:07, Jattdogg said:

Was too funny.

The cocky ibra stuff wont work in MLS i forsee a yank pummelling him in no time.

He's a six foot five, stacked professional athlete off a council estate who practices taekwondo. 

I think he can handle some "Yank" trying to "pummel" him tbh. 

Especially given most footballers are about five nine and eleven stone. 

On 21/05/2018 at 20:51, StanSP said:

Ibra just got sent off for slapping a player round the head after they accidentally stepped on his foot lol 

The pair of them deserved red carding for their frekkin' pathetic antics. Both of them, falling down as if injured. Jeez, I get tired of the non-footy fans going on about "22 guys chasing an inflated pig's bladder around" and them "rolling around on the ground", but blimey you've got 'Exhibit 1' right there. You can't defend that. It's so embarrassing laughter is the only defence you have.

And Ibra fell to the ground holding his head, and it was his foot that had been trodden on. Dork.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

He's a six foot five, stacked professional athlete off a council estate who practices taekwondo. 

I think he can handle some "Yank" trying to "pummel" him tbh. 

Especially given most footballers are about five nine and eleven stone. 

Im just saying  i wont be surprised to see someone step to him irregardless of how hard he thinks he is. Always someone harder out there.

6 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Im just saying  i wont be surprised to see someone step to him irregardless of how hard he thinks he is. Always someone harder out there.

It's 2018, what do you think is going to happen? There's four or five officials, hundreds of cameras, thousands of fans watching every game. 

Step to him? Wow, someone might give the man a bit of a shove and get sent off. Again, I'm sure he'll cope. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's 2018, what do you think is going to happen? There's four or five officials, hundreds of cameras, thousands of fans watching every game. 

Step to him? Wow, someone might give the man a bit of a shove and get sent off. Again, I'm sure he'll cope. 

Im sure he can handle himself but when it comes down to it, it was just a throw away comment from me really.  :)

Have to say that my usually positive perception of Iniesta has gone done slightly by moving to China on a reported €25m annual salary.

Would have thought money would certainly be no issue after football comprising of being at Barcelona prior to this move.

6 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Have to say that my usually positive perception of Iniesta has gone done slightly by moving to China on a reported €25m annual salary.

Would have thought money would certainly be no issue after football comprising of being at Barcelona prior to this move.

*Japan

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Maybe he just wants to try something new, is interested in the culture, doesn't want to risk playing vs Barcelona? blablabla

Vissel Kobe are also owned by Rakuten, club sponsor of Barcelona.

I'm sure this is no coincidence!