Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

'Drought'

I am sick and tired of being told there is a 'Drought'.

There is a very good reason for this.......

The South East of England had a shortage of water 10 years ago.

Then guess what?

The water boards sold off millions of acres of reservoirs to housing companies for profit thus hugely reducing their capacity and increasing the demand.

These utility companies are some of the worse con merchants in the country and as usual we get to suffer...

also dont forget they have millions of leaking pipes around the country too....which they rarely fix too...wasting gallons loads of water a year.

these companies dont seem to want say anything about them.

You can't just repair every pipe whenever you want as your local road authority requires a certain amount of notice if you are to excavate on the road, certain roads can only be excavated at certain times, if it isn't an emergency then you have to give 49 hours notice before turning the mains off,and repairs are rarely straight forward.

For example - I have a 12" burst main which is leaking around about 7-10 litres a second but because of where it is I can't touch it until the weekend. This was found on Monday so you can imagine how much water has been lost in the intervening period.

You can't just repair every pipe whenever you want as your local road authority requires a certain amount of notice if you are to excavate on the road, certain roads can only be excavated at certain times, if it isn't an emergency then you have to give 49 hours notice before turning the mains off,and repairs are rarely straight forward.

For example - I have a 12" MEMBER which is leaking around about 7-10 litres a second but because of where it is I can't touch it until the weekend. This was found on Monday so you can imagine how much JIZZ has been lost in the intervening period.

Sorry,i need to grow up,but i couldnt resist!!

For example - I have a 12" burst main which is leaking around about 7-10 litres a second but because of where it is I can't touch it until the weekend. This was found on Monday so you can imagine how much water has been lost in the intervening period.

its just 1 of them things tho that water companies could do to improve the overall situation. I know its a difficult job but would certainly help.

In what way are you suffering?

It directly affects us in all our pockets.

They sell off their hardware and make a huge profit and pocket it.

Then they put our water bills up to pay for new facilities whilst fining us for using hose pipes etc.

And my pissing lawn will go brown... grrrrrrrr

its just 1 of them things tho that water companies could do to improve the overall situation. I know its a difficult job but would certainly help.

There's nothing any of the utilities can do about this. It's the law. The only way you can get around it is if it is a danger to people and even then the repair has to be carried out at near midnight.

My cacti have never looked so good!

My wife was talking to the kids this morning about how long they spend in the shower just standing there.i washed my car last night after i went to a customers and parked under a tree that must have had a dozen eagles in it.1 bucket to wash and 1 bucket to rinse.

im sure if we ALL did a little it would soon make huge savings,we are just wasteful and im guilty of that too.

made a wise guy quote earlier.whereas i should have been a bit more sympathetic to your water bill going up :thumbup:

Im suffering. Will have to use 10 buckets of water instead of a hose pipe when I wash my car. Will probably end up using more water but hey ho.

Is this not included in the ban? i asked someone at work about this but wasnt sure. i didnt have a hosepipe until recently so when i washed the cars i did use a bucket, which blatently used more water.

I have done some research and only washing cars using a hosepipe is mentioned. They seem to think a hose is the cause of all evil.

Though this comment on the daily mail website made me laugh

The first companies to face bans will be those who waste water unnecessarily and aren't seen as particularly important, like car wash firms.

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1p11SGlqF

They can **** off if they think im letting my car get filthy!

made a wise guy quote earlier.whereas i should have been a bit more sympathetic to your water bill going up :thumbup:

We don't pay for water charges over here. :kissing:

It just pisses me off when people give off about stuff like this without actually knowing anything about it.

Last year during the Freeze/Thaw in NI, the reservoir which feeds the area around me (and does 60,000,000 litres a day) was down to 4cm in depth. It usually sits at around 4m. 90% of the water lost was not due to our mains etc bursting but businesses and houses which had internal bursts and didn't fix them. We can't turn the water off without the owner's permission even we saw the water streaming out.

Archived