Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

spoilers ahead: you have been warned

so, theon just hit his sister with the "i think i left the stove on" lollol 

theon was probably thinking "it isn't running away if you are swimming"

giphy.gif

talk about euron, man jumped to the ship like the kool-aid man.credit to him, he isn't just a loudmouth.

two things about daenerys. 1- does she sound differently or is it just me. i don't mean her voice but how she talks.. and 2- she is really overcompensating. a feminist-esque behavior. probably tyrion's height is a plus because he makes her look bigger.

jon is the man!!! felt like his speech was similar to ragnar's on vikings. the whole "i didn't choose to be a king and you made me one so now you have to follow me" thing. wasn't really the best. but other than that, he did good. he wasn't ok with little finger's shtick and he called him out on it. he is smarter than he looks lol 

people are really afraid of dragons and who can blame them. a fire breathing, meat eating, sheep snatching roided-up over sized flying lizard would scare me to. 

two things i'm excited to see. 1- how she react(daenerys) to jon because he isn't the type of male she encountered before. and 2- how the dragons react to jon knowing that he is half targaryen

(daenerys is jon's aunt for people who didn't make the connection yet)

Edited by the fox

The trailer for next week shows Euron entering Kings Landing on his horse and if you pause it you can see Yara and Ellaria being dragged behind his horse.

I don't watch any trailers for the next week as it spoils it. I don't want to see anything until I watch the episode. So thanks.

1 hour ago, sk3since03 said:

Have to say although cowardly, a smart move by Theon maybe? 

No explanation as to why just yet though !  

Definitely a smart move, he's no good to anybody dead and he is no match Euron. His next move depends on where the fleet was, either get back to Dragonstone to warn Dany, or get to Sunspear and mobilise the Dornish forces. They will not be messing about with a siege with their "Queen" held captive.

(I've put queen in inverted commas as she was the bastard born lover of the Prince's brother who then killed the Prince and his heir, I'm not sure how that qualifies her to rule. Then the Dornish are a funny lot.)

4 hours ago, Captain... said:

Definitely a smart move, he's no good to anybody dead and he is no match Euron. His next move depends on where the fleet was, either get back to Dragonstone to warn Dany, or get to Sunspear and mobilise the Dornish forces. They will not be messing about with a siege with their "Queen" held captive.

(I've put queen in inverted commas as she was the bastard born lover of the Prince's brother who then killed the Prince and his heir, I'm not sure how that qualifies her to rule. Then the Dornish are a funny lot.)

Not sure how to use the spoiler feature so 

***SPOILERS***

Wasn't that the fleet on the way to Dorne that Euron just crushed? That's why Ellaria and the Sand Snakes were on board. I'd imagine they'll have to find a new plan of action once they take Casterly Rock...

7 hours ago, sk3since03 said:

Have to say although cowardly, a smart move by Theon maybe? 

No explanation as to why just yet though !  

i assume that you are talking about why they ran away, right? if so than i think it was obvious, if you can watch the scene again you would see how his right eye was twitching. ramsay really did a work on him, as soon as he saw death and his sister in danger he felt pressure and that's what brought back reek (reek is the name ramsay gave him after he messed him up physically and mentally).

TL;DR: PTSD!!

Edited by the fox

7 minutes ago, the fox said:

i assume that you are talking about why they ran away, right? if so than i think it was obvious, if you can watch the scene again you would see how his right eye was twitching. ramsay really did a work on him, as soon as he saw death and his sister in danger he felt pressure and that's what brought back reek (reek is the name ramsay gave him after he messed him up physically and mentally).

TL;DR: PTSD!!

Nope

20 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

***SPOILERS***

Wasn't that the fleet on the way to Dorne that Euron just crushed? That's why Ellaria and the Sand Snakes were on board. I'd imagine they'll have to find a new plan of action once they take Casterly Rock...

Yes they were on their way to Dorne, if they were close to Dorne then Theon would most likely head there and gather the Dornish forces to rescue Yara and Elaria. If they were closer to Dragonstone when they got attacked then I would imagine he would head back there. Or he just goes into hiding with Gendry.

Either way I expect the Dornish to attack King's Landing scuppering Dany's plan to lay siege and take it without bloodshed.

5 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yes they were on their way to Dorne, if they were close to Dorne then Theon would most likely head there and gather the Dornish forces to rescue Yara and Elaria. If they were closer to Dragonstone when they got attacked then I would imagine he would head back there. Or he just goes into hiding with Gendry.

Either way I expect the Dornish to attack King's Landing scuppering Dany's plan to lay siege and take it without bloodshed.

Thanks for the heads up on the Spoilers!

I think for all intents of the story he'll be heading back to Dragonstone to tell Daenerys what happened,  the trailer shows a small boat being pulled onto the shore at Dragonstone so I imagine that's Theon delivering the news. 

I could envisage the storming of Casterly Rock failing and that being the end of Greyworm. That or the new rulers of Dorne side with Cersei or are forced to heel with the capture of Ellaria. That way it puts massive pressure on Daenerys to secure an Alliance and forces Jon into a diificult situation.

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

***SPOILERS***

No, the Greyjoys and Dornish armies were supposed to lay siege to King's Landing ("The armies need to be Westerosi") while the Unsullied and Dothraki are supposed to attack Casterly Rock

27 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think for all intents of the story he'll be heading back to Dragonstone to tell Daenerys what happened,  the trailer shows a small boat being pulled onto the shore at Dragonstone so I imagine that's Theon delivering the news. 

I could envisage the storming of Casterly Rock failing and that being the end of Greyworm. That or the new rulers of Dorne side with Cersei or are forced to heel with the capture of Ellaria. That way it puts massive pressure on Daenerys to secure an Alliance and forces Jon into a diificult situation.

It's really annoying trying to tell people how to do spoiler tags, because as soon as you post it it creates the spoiler tags, had to screen shot it to post it as an image :D

I didn't see the trailer so that would make sense, or it could be a different survivor of the battle or a message sent from Euron.

I think the battle for Casterly rock will have significance, either the Tyrells will try to claim it as their right, or the Dornish will try and claim it causing ructions. Or the attack falters and Highgarden has to go and aid the unsullied.

Greyworm is so going to die, nobody gets that sort of send off to war without dying. It's the law of fiction.

37 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Hide contents

Tyrion said in an earlier episode that his first job was being in charge of the sewer systems in Casterly Rock. My guess is he leads the Unsullied in through the sewers and easily take the Lannister capital. I don't think greyworm will die in the battle, given they just spent all that time on his relationship with Missandei. To me it would feel like that last scene was just a cheap way to make us sad when he dies.

20 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Hide contents

Tyrion said in an earlier episode that his first job was being in charge of the sewer systems in Casterly Rock. My guess is he leads the Unsullied in through the sewers and easily take the Lannister capital. I don't think greyworm will die in the battle, given they just spent all that time on his relationship with Missandei. To me it would feel like that last scene was just a cheap way to make us sad when he dies.

That is exactly why he will die, I know that GoT is great, but it is not immune to the cliches.

3 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Hide contents

That is exactly why he will die, I know that GoT is great, but it is not immune to the cliches.

I would hope the writers would avoid that trope (build up a character/romance) right before you kill them off. The walking dead is a big abuser of that trope. Any time you see a minor character starting to get a backstory, and begin to sympathize with them, bam, dead.

You're probably right though, it just seems lazy.

1 hour ago, shen said:

Hide contents

No, the Greyjoys and Dornish armies were supposed to lay siege to King's Landing ("The armies need to be Westerosi") while the Unsullied and Dothraki are supposed to attack Casterly Rock

That's what I mean, I thought Daenerys told the Greyjoys to pick up the Dornish Army, and then ferry them back to King's Landing to lay the siege, whilst Unsullied & Dothraki attack Casterly Rock?

Future theories :)

I think the Dragon Army will take Casterly Rock and find out the Lannister gold mines are used up, spreading the word that the Lannisters can no longer pay their debts.

Greyworm will not die here.

The Dornish forces may well sit tight and not move.

The Lannister army will take the opportunity and attack and take High Garden.

Euron might attack Dragonstone in later episodes, whilst the bulk of the Dragon army is off fighting and Missandei will die.

That's what I mean, I thought Daenerys told the Greyjoys to pick up the Dornish Army, and then ferry them back to King's Landing to lay the siege, whilst Unsullied & Dothraki attack Casterly Rock?

The Dornish army are in Dorne. Ellaria and her daughters were at Dragonstone with Yara and her fleet.

Euron would have had his fleet docked in Blackwater bay which is not very far from Dragonstone (just outside Blackwater Bay). No doubt spies would have told him Yara's fleet had set sail without Danaerys or her dragons. The perfect time to attack. They wouldn't have gotten far.

He'll simply swing round and head back to Blackwater and present his gifts to Cersei.

Guest BlueBrett

What's the deal with Snow's uncle? Is he like magic now or something? And are we to assume that 'the children' killed at the tree were the last of their kind or could there be more of them popping up creating/curing walkers at some point?