Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

First time looking at this thread, and loads of good shouts/shows that I've watched...but hopefully a couple that haven't been mentioned, certainly not on the last few pages anyway!

The Good Wife, 6-7 seasons of Chicago Law firm legal drama with some complex character twists/sub-plots etc. Well worth a watch and a new spin off just started called the Good Fight. On More4/E4 originally.

Fringe, originally on Sky 1 or Sky Atlantic, not sure how to describe it other than a secret division of the police, investigating strange deaths/events with a time travel back and forth/parallel universe twist. Great characters and the lead woman is absolute top totty. And just for once a great ending.

Newsroom, great show and great characters, all played out following the major news events. Although it is a US show the news events are relevant, Obama elected, Bin Laden shot, etc,etc so easy to follow...plus Olivia Munn!

and surely someone has given a shout out to Lost somewhere on this thread....had me hooked for years and remember getting up in the middle of the night to watch the last episode shown here at the same time as shown in the US...my wife and I didn't speak for two days as she said the ending was crap, I thought it was great!

More light hearted...Catastrophe is well worth a watch albeit the most recent episodes getting a little repetitive!

And great shout earlier...Prison Break new series is so bad...should have ended this at least 2 series ago!

Still don't think you can beat GoT though, looking forward to series 7

57 minutes ago, Leicester69 said:

First time looking at this thread, and loads of good shouts/shows that I've watched...but hopefully a couple that haven't been mentioned, certainly not on the last few pages anyway!

The Good Wife, 6-7 seasons of Chicago Law firm legal drama with some complex character twists/sub-plots etc. Well worth a watch and a new spin off just started called the Good Fight. On More4/E4 originally.

Fringe, originally on Sky 1 or Sky Atlantic, not sure how to describe it other than a secret division of the police, investigating strange deaths/events with a time travel back and forth/parallel universe twist. Great characters and the lead woman is absolute top totty. And just for once a great ending.

Newsroom, great show and great characters, all played out following the major news events. Although it is a US show the news events are relevant, Obama elected, Bin Laden shot, etc,etc so easy to follow...plus Olivia Munn!

and surely someone has given a shout out to Lost somewhere on this thread....had me hooked for years and remember getting up in the middle of the night to watch the last episode shown here at the same time as shown in the US...my wife and I didn't speak for two days as she said the ending was crap, I thought it was great!

More light hearted...Catastrophe is well worth a watch albeit the most recent episodes getting a little repetitive!

And great shout earlier...Prison Break new series is so bad...should have ended this at least 2 series ago!

5 words just lost you all credibility. What are your wife's recommendations? 

18 minutes ago, Beliall said:

5 words just lost you all credibility. What are your wife's recommendations? 

Good one, made me smile...her favourites would be Breaking Bad (class apart from the Episode with The Fly), Mad Men (loved it for seasons 1-4 but dragged on a bit) Walking Dead (I gave up in Season 4, how many ways can there be to kill a zombie for Christ sake) and Game of Thrones, undoubtedly the top show of the past 10 years...of the ones I mentioned she hated Fringe, so perhaps give that one a miss!

1 hour ago, Leicester69 said:

I loved the Good Wife, thanks for the heads up on the spin off, I haven't seen that. Also love Catastrophe, although I haven't got round to watching the latest ones yet. 

I like Grace and Frankie, that's pretty light hearted, probably a bit girlie though. I also love Orange is the new black, again probably more a woman's show though. 

9 minutes ago, the fox said:

I always wondered why the zombies on the walking dead have a soft skull, usually they get done with one clean hit. And WHY didn't people talk about or use silencers until the 3rd season?

Because they are rotten and it makes for good TV

On 4/20/2017 at 15:21, Leicester69 said:

Good one, made me smile...her favourites would be Breaking Bad (class apart from the Episode with The Fly), Mad Men (loved it for seasons 1-4 but dragged on a bit) Walking Dead (I gave up in Season 4, how many ways can there be to kill a zombie for Christ sake) and Game of Thrones, undoubtedly the top show of the past 10 years...of the ones I mentioned she hated Fringe, so perhaps give that one a miss!

:nigel:you're both hopeless lol 

28 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Just found out there's a new series of Bosch out.

giphy.gif

You're like my online TV guide, that's the second show in a week that I watch that you've made me aware is back on :thumbup: 

On 20/04/2017 at 15:21, Leicester69 said:

The Fly is amazing, you take that back.

• Like 1

Just watched Series 2 of Car Share, watched all 4 episodes in one evening as it was so funny...and then watched Episode 3 again.

If you've not seen either Series 1 or 2 then you've missed a treat...Peter Kay at his best and Sian Gibson, who I've never seen in anything before this, is absolute comedy gold!

All available on BBC I-Player

• Like 1