Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

51 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The first teaser looked very dodgy tbh, but this looks great...!

Hopefully, another great addition to Netflix.  What with Stranger Things starting back up towards the end of the year, some great TV is on the way.

:nigel:

Anyone watching channel 4's "Trial: a murder in the family?"

Really well made docudrama, where a man (actor) is put on trial for murder and is prosecuted and defended by very reputable and real silk status barristers a judge and real jury drafted from members of the public. All witnesses and evidence is made and presented by actors but they're convincing so it's very interesting. I would highly recommend it as it gives a very accurate representation of the judiciary process in criminal cases and is also very entertaining. Should say I'm biased though being a law student.

2 hours ago, Benguin said:

Anyone watching channel 4's "Trial: a murder in the family?"

Really well made docudrama, where a man (actor) is put on trial for murder and is prosecuted and defended by very reputable and real silk status barristers a judge and real jury drafted from members of the public. All witnesses and evidence is made and presented by actors but they're convincing so it's very interesting. I would highly recommend it as it gives a very accurate representation of the judiciary process in criminal cases and is also very entertaining. Should say I'm biased though being a law student.

I think it's been excellent. I sat on a murder trial at Sheffield Crown Court about 20 years ago & it has brought a lot of memories back. I found it all very fascinating back then & the programme has done a good job of recreating the judicial process. Like the judge said in the programme, the jury start out as spectators but the focus begins to turn onto the jury. The feeling of responsibility is immense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pSinatra said:

I think it's been excellent. I sat on a murder trial at Sheffield Crown Court about 20 years ago & it has brought a lot of memories back. I found it all very fascinating back then & the programme has done a good job of recreating the judicial process. Like the judge said in the programme, the jury start out as spectators but the focus begins to turn onto the jury. The feeling of responsibility is immense. 

I would love to be called up for jury duty for an interesting case, I think it would be so interesting. I am a bit of a crime geek and might struggle to keep my personal opinion from overshadowing the facts however. Really looking forward to the verdict tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Benguin said:

I would love to be called up for jury duty for an interesting case, I think it would be so interesting. I am a bit of a crime geek and might struggle to keep my personal opinion from overshadowing the facts however. Really looking forward to the verdict tonight.

I did feel like I got lucky with a murder case.  Some of the other jurors I got speaking to before being called, they got a fraud case & they hated it.  It was pretty straight forward for our jury - guilty as fvck.  Not like the one on the telly.

I'm going for innocent.  He may well be guilty, but I don't think there is enough evidence against him for there not to be reasonable doubt.

2 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

I did feel like I got lucky with a murder case.  Some of the other jurors I got speaking to before being called, they got a fraud case & they hated it.  It was pretty straight forward for our jury - guilty as fvck.  Not like the one on the telly.

I'm going for innocent.  He may well be guilty, but I don't think there is enough evidence against him for there not to be reasonable doubt.

Yeah it'd be pretty frustrating being called up only to find out you're on a dull and non violent case. (Wow that makes me sound morbid)

*Spoiler

Yeah I wouldn't convict if I were on the jury, the same case can be made for both the boyfriend and Simon. The only bit of evidence that separates the two is that 8 minutes between calls. I discounted the witness who said he looked out of breath as cpr and strangling someone would both amount to that. For me, the prosecution needed to hammer on about those 8 minutes to convince me. Their method of making him out as a violent man was the wrong approach given the same could be proven about the bf.

8 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Yeah it'd be pretty frustrating being called up only to find out you're on a dull and non violent case. (Wow that makes me sound morbid)

*Spoiler

Yeah I wouldn't convict if I were on the jury, the same case can be made for both the boyfriend and Simon. The only bit of evidence that separates the two is that 8 minutes between calls. I discounted the witness who said he looked out of breath as cpr and strangling someone would both amount to that. For me, the prosecution needed to hammer on about those 8 minutes to convince me. Their method of making him out as a violent man was the wrong approach given the same could be proven about the bf.

It probably wouldn't make a difference in real life, but I'm kind of rooting for the defense - the prosecution barrister is a bit of a dick

• Like 1

On 17 May 2017 at 00:02, Tuna said:

Pumped for Twin Peaks new series.

Booked a holiday for tomorrow so I've got a long weekend to watch

Better Call Saul series 2 and the first 4 Twin Peaks, can't wait.

Has it really been 25yrs since Twin Peaks finished ? Wow.

3 hours ago, Benguin said:

*Spoiler

Agree with the 8 mins between calls, that seemed like the key bit of evidence and you can't say for certain he did it without finding out the reason he waited.