Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

started watching Designated Survivor. Anyone's thoughts? 

First few episodes not too bad. 

I watched about 15 episodes, mainly because after about 4/5 I felt I had committed. First few episodes are good but it gets very samey after a while and I've given up on it.

Its all about Rick and Morty.

On 7/25/2017 at 15:45, leicesterlad1989 said:

I just have the last episode to go. Enjoyed it but finding it very dark. Doesn't quite have the humour that Breaking Bad had with it at times. Certainly not as clever either but I'd certainly recommend it.

What annoyed me was:

When he withdrew the £8m from the bank, why didn't he just transfer that money to Del bit by bit. Rather than going through the laundering process again with clean money. All they wanted to see was money hitting their account, the money was clean. So just put that back in the bank and use it.

30 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What annoyed me was:

Reveal hidden contents

When he withdrew the £8m from the bank, why didn't he just transfer that money to Del bit by bit. Rather than going through the laundering process again with clean money. All they wanted to see was money hitting their account, the money was clean. So just put that back in the bank and use it.

Haha. Must admit the thought came across my mind but I thought it surely couldn't be that simple.

Last episode was toe curling at certain points, if you get where I'm coming from.

I'd watch a second series.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, StanSP said:

started watching Designated Survivor. Anyone's thoughts? 

First few episodes not too bad. 

I really enjoyed it. even though it s a blatant excuse for Keifer Sutherland to play a president, it was pretty entertaining. kind of like 24 mixed with West Wing

Catching up on Fargo season 3. Brilliant!

David Thewlis has to be the most odiously sinister villain ever and I've always previously thought that he was an awful actor.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

1 minute ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

David Thewlis has to be the most odiously sinister villain ever and I've always previously thought that he was an awful actor.

The mood and the characters are all fitting, has an eerie and dark touch to it. Agree about David Thewlis, he's so despicable in this series, fantastic effort.

A few things ruin it for me:

Couple of moments where plot points appear rather unrealistic or forced (the frame incident with the two brothers, for instance - or the older man that appears in certain episodes).

Nothing against Ewan McGregor, but he's not well-cast for the series. Doesn't fit in as a Minnesota native at all.

There's one henchman that is never really introduced (syringe incident in the holding cell).

And whatever happened to the Russian/Ukrainian gangster?

11 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Seriously more than Lorne Malvo? (I've only see season one.) 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I really enjoyed it. even though it s a blatant excuse for Keifer Sutherland to play a president, it was pretty entertaining. kind of like 24 mixed with West Wing

never watched either of those lol 

enjoying Designated Survivor though so far. Episode 9 already. 

44 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

The mood and the characters are all fitting, has an eerie and dark touch to it. Agree about David Thewlis, he's so despicable in this series, fantastic effort.

A few things ruin it for me:

Couple of moments where plot points appear rather unrealistic or forced (the frame incident with the two brothers, for instance - or the older man that appears in certain episodes).

Nothing against Ewan McGregor, but he's not well-cast for the series. Doesn't fit in as a Minnesota native at all.

There's one henchman that is never really introduced (syringe incident in the holding cell).

And whatever happened to the Russian/Ukrainian gangster?

But that's Fargo in a nutshell though. It pertains to be "a true story", yet comes out with such incomprehensible plot points that you do that thing of thinking, "this is so farfetched, it must be true!"

When of course, it absolutely isn't.

11 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

But that's Fargo in a nutshell though. It pertains to be "a true story", yet comes out with such incomprehensible plot points that you do that thing of thinking, "this is so farfetched, it must be true!"

When of course, it absolutely isn't.

It isn't the far-fetchedness per se, it's the inclusion of the somewhat supernatural (some might call it CDI - Cinematic Divine Intervention) that doesn't connect with the main story.

The whole Fargo universe is set in the real world, but of course the story is fabricated.

Maybe it's something about Season Three that bugs me more than in the two previous seasons, where you wouldn't have that element interfering with the story or confusing the viewer (or not that much).

Personally, the frame incident put me really off and took me out of the story (which I absolutely loved up to that point, in spite of Ewan McGregor's role), because it was not believable and felt forced. I felt cheated.

10 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

It isn't the far-fetchedness per se, it's the inclusion of the somewhat supernatural (some might call it CDI - Cinematic Divine Intervention) that doesn't connect with the main story.

The whole Fargo universe is set in the real world, but of course the story is fabricated.

Maybe it's something about Season Three that bugs me more than in the two previous seasons, where you wouldn't have that element interfering with the story or confusing the viewer (or not that much).

Personally, the frame incident put me really off and took me out of the story (which I absolutely loved up to that point, in spite of Ewan McGregor's role), because it was not believable and felt forced. I felt cheated.

It's a Deus Ex Machina, lots of stories do it. Having said that, I've only just got to the frame incident, so ssshhh!

6 hours ago, Rincewind said:

Just started the second series of The Last Kingdom. Not bad.

It's a fun, rollicking, adventure through a period of history that is rarely ventured into. Love it! 

7 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Anyone watched The Night of? Just watched the first episode and it seems pretty decent.

That first episode is absolutely brilliant. Series tails off slightly in my opinion but definitely worth watching. 

• Like 1